edited March 2010
    Options
    Appalachian State vs Michigan is the greatest football game ever played
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    College B-Ball is overrated

The Yankees don't buy championships, everyone else is just too cheap with their money

Today's NBA game is watered down and year by year getting more irrelevant compared to the NFL
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Any team that Jordan's Bulls beat in the Finals would destroy any of the recent NBA champions, except maybe the Spurs.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you the sickest motha ? i eva seen in an alley, son
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As long as the format remains the same, the Super Bowl will always be disappointing. There is too much hoopla, halftime is a joke, and there is a week off between the conference championship and the Super Bowl. As crazy as it sounds, I love football and I hate the Super Bowl.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As long as the format remains the same, the Super Bowl will always be disapointing. There is too much hoopla, halftime is a joke, and there is a week off between the conference championship and the Super Bowl. As crazy as it sounds, I love football and I hate the Super Bowl.

The last 3 superbowls didnt do it for you? After all it is justt another game. With higher stakes. just with that there is much more money behind it. Haltimes suck.. ill give you that but we have had some great superbowls recently
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The last 3 superbowls didnt do it for you?

Co-Sign the last 2 superbowls to me were some of the most exciting Ive ever seen.
  • 1of1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The last 3 superbowls didnt do it for you? After all it is justt another game. With higher stakes. just with that there is much more money behind it. Haltimes suck.. ill give you that but we have had some great superbowls recently
    Co-Sign the last 2 superbowls to me were some of the most exciting Ive ever seen.

I mean, Giants-Patriots was classic. Steelers-Cardinals was one of the most exciting I've seen. So you're right about that. I guess it's just the spectacle that really urks me. I wish it was treated more like "just another game" i.e. no week in between. I understand that it's all a money grab though.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I mean, Giants-Patriots was classic. Steelers-Cardinals was one of the most exciting I've seen. So you're right about that. I guess it's just the spectacle that really urks me. I wish it was treated more like "just another game" i.e. no week in between. I understand that it's all a money grab though.

I feel you with the whole waiting ? and the probowl before the superbowl is wack, but they have to take the time for media and all that ? , if it wasnt for all the extra stuff the add into the superbowl then it wouldnt really be the superbowl it would be just another game and the league makes to much money from it for them to ever change it.
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    When you strip it down it is just another game but a very profitable game.. from the vegas/NFL/companies that avertise/and restaurants and other like establishments.. the week is jsut the hype to make it bigger than it is.

They need to get that haltime ? back on par..dead peopel performing is not whats up
  • 1of1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Kobe is still the best..but his greatness in unappreciated.. and the jaw dropping things he does or has done are basically something we have gotten use to.. so it makes it pretty much mundane.

Tom Brady is not all that... he just never did it for me.. i wouldnt put him up there with the all time greats..

Donovan Mcnabb isthe best Qb in the league with Payton Manning

Vick was a better qb than given credit for

Boxing isnt dead

Impressive. I have to co-sign the bolded. I think Brady is really good, but he's more of a right place at the right time type of guy.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    College B-Ball is overrated

The Yankees don't buy championships, everyone else is just too cheap with their money

Today's NBA game is watered down and year by year getting more irrelevant compared to the NFL

C/S....lol @ ? mad ? they teams dont wanna spend money

Yankees >>>>
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the Colts vs Saints superbowl, when you factor in all of the hype....was 1 of the most disappointing superbowls to watch that i can remember

and im not just saying that because the Colts lost
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the Colts vs Saints superbowl, when you factor in all of the hype....was 1 of the most disappointing superbowls to watch that i can remember

and im not just saying that because the Colts lost

even more disappointing than steelers/seahawks?
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yao ming was created in a lab

jason kidd should have won that mvp they gave to tim duncan (all cuz he slapped his ? up)

sprewell deserved to be blackballed by the nba
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    NO sprewell should have gotten that Allan Houston Money
    Minnesota ? themselves by not keeping spree. cassell and KG
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    even more disappointing than steelers/seahawks?

yea just for the fact that...this year, the Colts and Saints were clearly the 2 best teams...and Peyton and Brees were clearly the 2 best QB's....and the ? flopped IMO
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    New York lost a large percentage of their heart, when they traded John Starks
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    college b-ball is overrated

the yankees don't buy championships, everyone else is just too cheap with their money

today's nba game is watered down and year by year getting more irrelevant compared to the nfl

too true!!
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    too true!!

damn...ya ? must have not watched the Kansas St vs Xavier game last night
  • bow to royalty
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea just for the fact that...this year, the Colts and Saints were clearly the 2 best teams...and Peyton and Brees were clearly the 2 best QB's....and the ? flopped IMO

I think it was less exciting than expected because it wasn't the shootout people predicted, and because the Saints had a game plan that revolved around keeping Peyton off the field. So the colts offense not being on the field hurt the game.
  • bow to royalty
    edited March 2010
    Options
    damn...ya ? must have not watched the Kansas St vs Xavier game last night

I didn't watch it. Score made it look like it had some good action. But still overall...very very overrated. A bunch of decent players playing other decent players.

PROBLEMS WITH COLLEGE BASKETBALL

- missed, uncontested lay-ups on breakaways

- what should be an exciting endings come up short because the players loses his grip on the ball and doesn't get to shoot a buzzer-beater...but instead loses that ? outta bounds for a turnover.

- seeing halftime scores of 20-sumthin to 20-sumthin. Finals of 50-sumthin 60-sumthin even tho each team is shootin 20+ 3's

- 30 seconds of passing on each possession
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I didn't watch it. Score made it look like it had some good action. But still overall...very very overrated. A bunch of decent players playing other decent players.

PROBLEMS WITH COLLEGE BASKETBALL

- missed, uncontested lay-ups on breakaways

- what should be an exciting endings come up short because the players loses his grip on the ball and doesn't get to shoot a buzzer-beater...but instead loses that ? outta bounds for a turnover.

- seeing halftime scores of 20-sumthin to 20-sumthin. Finals of 50-sumthin 60-sumthin even tho each team is shootin 20+ 3's

- 30 seconds of passing on each possession

im sayin.....not EVERY1 can be an NBA player...

and the bolded....that ? can happen in the NBA just like it happens in College..

but i can feel you on the rest of that....but like i said, not every1 is an NBA player so not ever1 is a good/great scorer and the game is 8minutes less than an NBA game so of course the scores wont be as high...but ? it, to each is own
  • bow to royalty
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im sayin.....not EVERY1 can be an NBA player...

and the bolded....that ? can happen in the NBA just like it happens in College..

but i can feel you on the rest of that....but like i said, not every1 is an NBA player so not ever1 is a good/great scorer and the game is 8minutes less than an NBA game so of course the scores wont be as high...but ? it, to each is own

Ya, I know they aren't pro level players but I feel like the gap in talent between college and the NBA is huge. I talked bout the stuff in the bolded because I've seen it happen too many times just within this tournament.

I like the games when they're good and competitive (wish i had seen the Kansas St vs. Xavier game). But it just seems like too many are filled with sloppy and slow play.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    although my ? rashard didnt deserve his current contract..he is still underrated(unfortunately, he is also underachieving)...

ray allen>>>paul pierce...