Where's the ANTI-HERO'S and Bad Guy's and Teams In Sports

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Yo it's really hard for me find a Anti-Hero or The Bad Guy Team in sports to root for. That tells me that it's a lot of ? 's out here. Now I am a Life Long Oakland Raider Fan, A's fan and root for the Bay in Basketball, but in Basketball I always rooted for the the ? , physical and bully teams like the Late 80's Pistons, Mid-Late 90's teams of the Pacers, Knicks and Heat. Followed the early-mid 00's team of the Pacers with Zeke as the Coach. Straight Bullies.

In the NFL I have the Raiders but when Ray Lewis was hated i rooted for him, in Baseball i like how the Nasty Boy's and Rob Dibble was punkin hitters. We had Doc Gooden, Darrly Strawberry, Barry Bonds. Basketball my pops was a Huge Sixers fan so Charles Barkley was my favorite player and there was Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Bill Lambireer and the Bad Boys.

Now there aint ? . DO i have to watch hockey now to root for a villain.

where the villains in sports at now???

I still got Money Mayweather

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only kobe... everybody else wanna be all buddy buddy "oh yeah, that ? cool.." and all that ? .
  • waterproof
    Options
    only kobe... everybody else wanna be all buddy buddy "oh yeah, that ? cool.." and all that ? .

word up, i rooted for kobe when he got his first ring because that year ? was hating and Kobe was the bad guy, then he got my boy Ron Artest so i was rooting for them again.

? i even was rooting for the celtics in the east when Kendrick Perkins, Rasheed Wallace and KG was beasting with some ? play.

• Inglewood_B
    Options
    and derrick rose aint a "bad guy", but he got that i dont give a ? in him. much respect for not kissin lebron or dwight ? , beggin them to come to chicago and just trying to build his own legend.
  • Big_Ev
    Big_Ev Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Options
    Right now the only person I can think of being the bad guy is James Harrison
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    The Heat? Only people that like em are heat bandwagoners
  • waterproof
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote:
    The Heat? Only people that like em are heat bandwagoners

Im talking about the Pat Riley Heat's in the early 00's Alonzo Moruning, Jamal Mashburn, Anthony Mason ect....... they was bullies on the block
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think Bryce Harper is going to be one of those guys.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Darius wrote:
    i think Bryce Harper is going to be one of those guys.

i got to check him out, he plays for the Nationals right??? what do he do, do he be sliding in 2nd baseman knees and try to take them out, blasting catchers before and the ball aint even throw to the catcher, stealing signs.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah, he's just an arrogant sob, said he wants to be the joe namath of baseball. but yeah, he also hit a homer in the minors and blew a kiss at the pitcher. if he turns into a star, he'll be one of those players that everyone hates except for fans of whichever team he is on.
  • Big_Ev
    Options
    Darius wrote:
    nah, he's just an arrogant sob, said he wants to be the joe namath of baseball. but yeah, he also hit a homer in the minors and blew a kiss at the pitcher. if he turns into a star, he'll be one of those players that everyone hates except for fans of whichever team he is on.

I remember when he blew a kiss at the pitcher. The pitcher should have beaned him in the head the next time he came up to bat.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    you right there are no more charismatic bad guys or anti heroes i think it as to do with trends in american pop culture overall in the late 80's and the 90's anti heroes were popular but now it's just lame guys with generic personalities and a "get along with everybody" attitudes..the only true anti hero is floyd mayweather the rest of those guys aren't cause they don't have the personality and the attitude to be one..people just don't like em
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what happened to ben wallaces tough guy status??
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You get called a cancer and out of work for being that guy
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    Options
    I wish Lebron woulda embraced his villain role instead of trying to save face all ? year... That ? would been GOAT if he woulda just embraced being the villain, talking ? to fans, stunting on players after he dunks
  • Big_Ev
    Options
    Ekscape wrote:
    I wish Lebron woulda embraced his villain role instead of trying to save face all ? year... That ? would been GOAT if he woulda just embraced being the villain, talking ? to fans, stunting on players after he dunks

It's all set up for him to become the villain but he is too worry about what the fans will think of him.
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    R.D. wrote:

nah... there's a difference between being "the bad guy" and being a bad teammate.

• R.D.
    Options
    R.D. wrote:

nah... there's a difference between being "the bad guy" and being a bad teammate.

A.I, Moss, and T.O. disagree

• Inglewood_B
    edited February 2012
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    R.D. wrote:

A.I, Moss, and T.O. disagree

AI had terrible work habits and was selfish.

moss had terrible work habits.

TO was a ? lockerroom cancer and wore out his welcome on every team he played on.

none of those guys were ever "the bad guy". and moss was never a bad teammate.

i think you are confused as to what the T/S means by bad guy/anti-hero. read the original post, those 3 do not fit in what he is talking about

• R.D.
    Options
    ? he listed A.I. in the OP
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Derek Fisher needs to start talking ? to ? on Twitter and in interviews, and then drop clutch 3s in the playoffs to lead the Lakers to another title. that would be real. everyone wants him gone, not me though.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After all of the stuff Tiger went through with his wife and the media ? him, he should have grown a beard and came back beasting on these cats with an IDGAF attitude
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Big_Ev wrote:
    Ekscape wrote:

It's all set up for him to become the villain but he is too worry about what the fans will think of him.

and now he says he wants to go back to cleveland how lamer can ? get him and dwight howard need to start being the bad guys cause the nba definitely needs a few
  • waterproof
    Options
    Allen Iverson was the anti hero ever since his hs days but when he came from the hoyas and brought that hip-hop generation x attitude with black socks and crossing jordan up one some ? these old heads, im blackm im from the hood and from the hip-hop generation and he brought that swag. white folks and bootlicking ? 's done lost their mind.

Allen Iverson hit the league with a force and was the anti hero and the hood loved him
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote:
    Allen Iverson was the anti hero ever since his hs days but when he came from the hoyas and brought that hip-hop generation x attitude with black socks and crossing jordan up one some ? these old heads, im blackm im from the hood and from the hip-hop generation and he brought that swag. white folks and bootlicking ? 's done lost their mind.

Allen Iverson hit the league with a force and was the anti hero and the hood loved him
    no he cant get a run in the d-league...see how well that worked out for him
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote:

no he cant get a run in the d-league...see how well that worked out for him

that's because he was true to his self and his beliefs, you want to know how much money AI brought to the sixers and the league with his merchandise. these damn Overseers aka THE MASTERS make billions of dollars from the black youth but do not want to accept our culture in the league that's why ABA damn near took NBA out and had more flair and style. Brothers rocking Afro's, playing they style of ball.

dont get things twisted, AI was what Michael Jordan was before he wanted and became Stern's boy/ Jordan came in the League with a black bald head, black socks and played above the rim with a gold chain around his neck. The Street, hood and black youth loved Jordan because Jordan brought that black culture to the league when the league was ? on him. Bird, Magic even Dr. J who took the Jordan route before Jordan of being company man.