Biggie is Corny and Far Overrated...

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in The Reason
Biggie was mediocre rapper with a generic messsage(Stuff BluePrints are made of) and limited Scope. He gave ugly New Yorkers Pride that lacking loyalty and being a trick when you get the money is still the american way. He showed how awesome it was to be disgustingly out of shape and partially deformed and that even being so you could still be made famous for rhyming peel more skins then idaho potato's the cleverness in the metaphors is astounding. His non threatening to white society approach made Quasi Gangsta rap a media darling. His pop friendly club songs evoked a following of gluttonous New Yorkers and Wannabe, Lushes and Dopefiends. He made it alright and Cool to mix weed and ? . A truly cautious man Like Biggie could look at 2 people at once thus ensuring his safety. In reality Biggie owes his superstardom to Tupac, Who should also be credited with bringing back relevance to New York HipHop. Had Pac not ? on Biggie, New York would never have united to form a coalition against Pac and the West Coast. While Pac won the war with Biggie and the rest of his enemies verbally, the public lost because ? semi gangsta Hip Pop won the radio war with Pacs Death. Now we have 50 Cent and Soulja boy as epitomes of Rap music biggie worshipers now have Jigga to dickride along with 50 and HipHop Culture loses. Thank you Biggie your betrayals, Miniscule Range, Sell out ideologies created the power structure in HipHop 2day and the art is obviously better for it...
It is not that I hate the East for example I got Love for the Wu They had it on Lock with the streets and were beasts In their rhymes, Wu should have had a much more prominent role in todays HipHop. But that is where Puffy and Big had them beat as they were not something media friendly and controlable Like BadBoy, Jigga just took what they had at BadBoy and further refined it and kept it moving...
Only Person who can Give Jigga a run for it as far as the media friendly is concerned is 50 but again as I said they both owe the foundations to Biggie...
Be honest in the industry who has more influence on the music we hear Puffy or RZA. Again I love the Wu I wish it was not true that puffy has more influence, that Jigga has more influence that 50 has more influence, but sadly that is the reality of HipHop 2day and instead of The New ghostface getting spins or ? getting hyped to drop we hear Soulja boy or latest wack remix with Jay Z or 50 on it...
See RZA and Wu went a difeferent path and stayed true to their ? even with ? doing movies he stayed true to his ? these other Kats though they know that the industry wants certain things and if you do those things they will let you in and see how they can use you, if not you are a threat & will not be allowed to have that Large of a appeal(I.E. No Push, No Promo, No Guest Spots On Radio Friendly Joints, etc)...
Ironically Biggie was the start of this ? that continue with Jigga, mase, 50 etc. I know that Wu disliked Biggie back in the day for this and other reasons. Biggie was the alpha of the comercial corporate controled quasi-gangsta rapper and they only adjusted and perfected what they wanted afterwards as far as appealing to more pop fans. He set another horible trend with some of the most questionably ? lines I have ever heard(you look so good I would Suck your daddy's ? , ? call me ? I dare you to stick your ? in it, Etc), thus opening the door to homoHop I mean the ? ? he introduced to the game knows no bounds...
I am just pointing out unpopular facts here. Sadly enough I have heard every published song From Biggie at least once and it never captured me in one bit, Because of that I felt Like I wasted my time. Is their an occassional Biggie song I like yes but they are few, Biggie Duets was possibly in the top 10 worst albums I have ever heard. His Catalog Has the least substance and variety of any Rapper I have ever heard that gets Continual Play or is considered a legend. Hell Hammer had a broader topic range and reached just as many people. Biggie Cannot compete With Nas, Scarface, Ice Cube, Rakim, Spice 1, KRS 1, the list goes on. Even if you restrict their music to what was released up till his death he was far outshined and overrated By NYC Biased fans. Entertainment is politics If you ever dealt with the Business you should know enough to know that now. It is all the same structuring and finding a message that grips peopleIn any Business, Movies, Music, Politics, hell even Religion, all heads of Cerberus...

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    No record will uplift hiphop at this point. The current administration must be completely overthrown and the power structure rebuilt that is the only way to "Save HipHop" to do that the roots of the problem must be pointed out and addressed so maybe this is just the beginning...
    Overthrow them and make whatever music you want or do not study and address the issues of the past and be damned to repeat them and just ? about how ? up ? is. I am Sick of the same ? so I am at step 1 addressing the ? up history of ? and challenging a false Ideal that is rarely ever addressed...
    False Ideals= Biggie Smalls...
    What makes ? worse is Mature discussions cannot be had on the subject sadly because his Controllers and Minions have to much pull and do silent ? on threads exposing him, then you have his premo smoking dickriders, taking it off subject and refusing to address Points like his Unlimited pass on all things he does from tricking to ? Rhymes, Questionable attire to lack of Material. No one cares that his material does not age well like other true greats and can only be listened to continually if you are stuck in a time warp for a small region that adored him. His Contemperaries during his era had far greater overall bodies of work and hiphop ability. I can and have named tons of rappers that match and supercede him during and before his time most from the east coast. But These Kitty Kats in there childish rants take it to lying, Crying and Falsifying everything so I respond in kind. Seriously though My 13 year old is more cultured then most of these Kats including the Mods that keep Killing these Threads with no explanation or justification...
    Biggie knew what he was doing when he sold out, he knew what he was doing when he wrote ? rhymes, he knew what he was doing when he signed to Puffy. Puffy was the master mind behind exploiting Biggie, but Biggie was happy to be pimped. If you really understood what I was talking about you would get that Biggie is a justified phase and symptom of a bigger problem in the game. I have extensively pointed that out. Just like I also pointed out it is not about hating on the east of NYC, but rather the mainstream administration that runs the game currently. Biggie was used as a springboard for the corporate execs to take over and control HipHop. The creativity and diversity is less then half of what was before biggie and there are 10 times as many rappers. It is the McDonalds affect. Hammer was a beta run Biggie was the full live launch of the ? , and it became 2.0 with Jigga, 50 3.0, etc...
    There is more then a bias when it comes to Biggie and NYC, it is focused programming produced by a media with an objective to deify a individual because he worked well as a outlet into a community and projected a image they wanted to push. It is just sad that these kats cannot see that the same standards they apply to most other Legends is not even remotely met by Biggie. But the propaganda has worked in HipHop for the last 15 years to commercialize, destabilize and minstrelize HipHop. Puffy did a good job at exploiting Biggie Robbing Jodeci and ruining the game...
    The drone Zombie army that fell to the conditioning are programmed with a failsafe to derail any illumination on Biggie by any means, such as lying, half truthing, falsifying, denying and decrying anything or one who talks about the truths of the false idol...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    Here is what will really ? with the Dickriders, Biggie had the Potential to be more in my eyes then he ever was, With some growth he could have been amongst the greats, But I feel any one who can captivate a crowd can be more and become great. My issue goes to the his unearned title status and the Hypocrisy used by those that defend and adore him.I do not hate or know Biggie, What I despise is what he represents in the game. He sold his soul for success and his place was bought because he was willing to be the what those buying wanted him to be. He is a manchurian canidate, a fony dude who came from the streets of his city but chose to not take the righteous road on so many things. Karma got that ? hit for misrepresenting but the damage was done and others improved upon the formula used to create him and further ? the competition and creativity in the game. When some of you use the WWE analogy you do not even realize how true that is, becaue at one point wrestling also was real and still is in non mainstream arenas. Same ? here In HipHop but he underground is where all the real rappers had to go because of ? Biggie helped do. Now adays only a few break through with any originality, the rest are modified clones/drones of the same ? we have been hearing for the last 15 years...
    See the ? is depressing that there are so many sheep. Most biggie fans are either NYC Dickriders Or Impressionable minds that The Industry Via outlets like Mtv And Clear Channel Radio Stations Brainwashed By playing his ? 999 time a day till you beleived that ? was the truth. The industry has a new ? all the time that is willing to seal his soul cooning with some Shiny Bright suits and stereotypical lyrics. It is just sad so many of you cannot see or even begin to objectively look at this ? but in the next thread your mad at Fifty or Soulja boy or TI or who ever the new ? (Irony in a name) ? is for doing the same ? ... More of the Hypocrisy shows through when You Kats are mad at the south for making Brainless records about Tricking ? Riches and with Gangsta ? sprinkled in to "Keep it Hood". The 1st artist to do this successfully was Biggie, note that even lil Wayne Puts biggie amongst his favorites as does 50 as does Fat Joe as does Jeezy as does most of these Kats out now...
    He is there favorite because he showed them the way to get airplay even if it is for only 15 minutes of fame they get it. He provided the Formula or Blueprint for making brainless HipPop. Mc hammer did the brainless ? - The street element he thought that coudl not translate well to the Masses so he was just a prototype. But Puffy saw that the streets appealed to suburban market(white kats) by the success of NWA Snoop Pac and gangsta rap in general. But the social message in gangsta rap was a problem, so Brainless Semigangsta rap had to be born and from the east to give it back relevance since the west was dominating the market due to the new reality they were showing the world through Music. Biggie infiltrated a successfull artists team due to past relationships learned enough about the game as far successful gangsta rap was concerned and sold it to the corporate backers of badboy who were willing to payola push him on the nation. Puffy was right and the mainstream shine was hijacked from the independant Labels like Rapalot, Jive, DeathRow who had been running the ship and the deep pocket corporate kats pushed their Manchurian Canidate...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    Money gets you more radio spins then talent, Money can By you any seat of Power(Look At Bush) after a while people will like things that are familiar to them and all corporations know that it is a base business principle. Smart Corporation have Gangstas on the Pay role, "The South"(Primarily Atlanta and Florida) is just following a successfull Business model that they know they will get funded on as our Jigga and 50. So before you get mad at the South for getting their share get mad at the Dude that showed them the way. Biggie Smalls aka Christopher Wallace aka the Notorious BIG was vastly overrated simple and 1 dimensionalHe is the epitome of a mentality that the lame stream wants the youth to have and maintain, his lyrics were made for pubescent teens that had equally childish Vocabs and mindstates and his Dickriders prove it every time they post rage filled ignorance from jump in attempts to derail any disscussion...
    I guess it is self empowerment and personal growth that all of them fear, both the Corporate puppetmasters and their drones. Creating our own ? reinvesting in ourselves, that is why DeathRow in its hey day was so feared because they were a independantly owned label(They only had distribution through Interscope) that was making bigger moves then the labels owned by the mainstream corporate beasts, Suge ? it off and ? fell apart, Master P followed the same formula then Sold Out and let his label be bought out and since then noone has replicated the success as it is against corporates interest to allow another indie to take over again. The tactics are many Biggie was just a modified hammer for his Corperate ? Clive Davis, buit these kats have been programmed to see a mediocre rapper who borrowed everything that was poppings flavors as a fallen martyr ? is just sad...
    The beauty of this thread is all of Biggies ? Riders(Not his fans a few have made intelligent points) can say nothing in rebuttle, all they can do is spew obscenity laced aspersion to try and derail the conversation which I respond in kind and further hurt their homotional feelings. But then that is the difference between a Fan and these ? cyber stalking ? riding stans; a true fan can critically look at the person they are a fan of identify with the points in any criticism while these pyscho kats just go ballistic and lose it when facts and opinions are laid out. I wonder if these Krazy ? are only this pathetic and stupid online or if they act as ignorantly in the real world? Any which way they are part proof the ? that Corporate is ? ing up hiphop, hell this mentality is ? ing up the world for that matter...
    To better understand my position for you now need simple association, Scarface>Biggie, Nas> Biggie, Ice Cube> Biggie, Redman> Biggie, Snoop> Biggie, hell even ? I am not into like Jigga> Biggie, Game> Biggie, TI> Biggie, 50cent> Biggie, Biggie = Soulja Boy+MC Hammer+Rick Ross with New york Lingo and even less integrity. Biggie ? off his potential for the quick route to money and fame, he was a typical sell out story with a 1 dimensional persona that was Mainstream friendly and was backed by industry players with a vested interest in perpetuating stereotypes and wackness. His fast route got him a fast death after making it as the mainstream needed to make improvements and he was becoming obsolete...
    I love HipHop, I loved her long before Biggie, hell long before Hammer, and alot of the problems affecting her as I have stated can be traced back to key individuals Biggie is foremost amongst those individuals. White America is fical as hell, and currently they could give a ? about biggie, when he was alive and hot thats another argument, now he is just a passed fad for most with the exception of a few that feel they are truly HipHop. This is where Eminem comes in as a next step By Corporate America...
    It is ironic when you look at Eminem and Biggie, again they both had similar gimmicks even down to graphic description of ? and sexual brutality to men, women and children. The 2 both used at times elementry rhyming to link with there like minded fanbases. Eminem was like a next step into white America exploiting their crossover demographic of poor and disenfranchised. Playing on those dark mindstates Biggie showed them every race possesses in its low ranks. Is it any surprise that large portions of both their fanbases cross and act in similar illogical manners...
    This is why some can never be HipHop as it as much a sport as it is a lifestyle as it is a culture. Any person proud of their culture is versed in its history both the good and the bad. Biggie is a part of HipHop History that has been used against us that are truly part of the culture and his position was a manufactured one, a first of its kind in HipHop that has now been done over and over. The same formula used to create Biggie was used to Create Eminem and Soulja boy. Jigga and 50 had a altered version of the same ? and actually assumed legitimate postions of power due to strength of will, diversification and cunning. I know Some do not understand it true nature but again you Kats are easy marks for sounding off of. You infiltraters are the worst because you Kats are not even trying to assimilate this ? , All HipHop is to you is what is hot now. So it is like Disco in that sense just another hot musical phase for you kats. But the streets and HipHop are the only ones truly married and if your family was the streets and you were an actual player ever at one point in any position you already know that all is not what it appears anywhere especially online And more so with rap stars and so called legends...
    Legend is such a subjective term it does not equate to good, to some Custard is a legend, Charles Manson is a Legend, ? is a legend, Sanjaya is a legend, Columbus is a legend, Ted Bundy is a legend, Ghengis Khan is legend, Lee Harvey Oswald is a legend, Hammer is a legend, Elvis Presley is a legend, William Hung is a legend, Jeffrey Dahmer is a legend, Billy the Kid is a legend, Daryl Gates is a legend, etc... The list could go on for days but does being a legend equate to being properly rated and good? Opinions will differ on most depending on who you ask. Biggie is OverRated and while he may be a legend due to propaganda it all kuts both ways as he is a legend to a lot of us also because he exemplifies a lot of what is wrong with hiphop. Biggie is OverRated and while he may be a legend due to propaganda it all kuts both ways as he is a legend to a lot of us also because he exemplifies a lot of what is wrong with hiphop.His legendary status is that One of what is wrong in the game and his role in helping to naturalize it with the masses, while wasting his talent...
    Alot of people link Biggie to Pac or Justify Biggie ? with Pac did blah blah. That is apples and Oranges. Some argue he was involved in having Pac killed, Involved yes responsible no. Biggie was a friend of Pacs but a relative nobody outside of NYC just another hungry rapper during the 1st shooting. It has been made clear he knew what was going to go down at that secured building and did not warn Pac that he was about to be disciplined. The argument can go anywhich way about whether he was obligated to tell Pac or not, but morally any true friend would have. Pacs actual death is Pac and Suge's fault. Pac was a grown ass man regressing to teenager style gangbanging. Suge felt he was so untouchable at the time that he actually encouraged Pac to Bang MOB, Biggie used Crips as protection when in Cali, the crew of crips he used had many altercations with the DeathRow Blood security before the fatal shooting. That was the reason Pac felt Ballsey and stomped dude that was connected to Biggies security.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    The ? about whether Biggie was their and gave a gun to the crips is hillarious and irrelvant and just meant to distract the fact that he probably did say at one point to these ? he wanted pac smoked. Pac gave them additional motivation and opportunity to do so acting like a foot soldier gang banger. Biggie was just a tool being used by Clive to establish a rap label so he could make cake, Puffy had the actual power in New York, Biggie rapped about Puffy, Pacs and the other successful ? he knews life in a lot of his rhymes. Do I think Biggie Knew ? were gonna smoke pac in vegas, nah not till the ? was already going down, but I am sure either way he encouraged it and was Killed because of that in retaliation by DeathRow security since Biggies westcoast security murked Pac. The lamestream has Built this aura around biggie Like he had all this powerand was this great rapper, but when compared to others as I have numerous times shown he falls short and shows he was simply a ? ...
    Maybe That is Part of my issue with calling Biggie King of anything, How are you gonna be a king when you answer to Puffy. hell Puffy could not even take the title of king he answers To Clive. A false king for show is not a king he is a Jester, a clown for the true king, whoever that may be. If Biggie was the King what were Puffy and Clive the Pop and ? ? All marketing strategy, misdirection used to monopolize and further exploit a cog to its fullest.It transcends being about the East or West as all Coasts have tried to do the same things. It truly breaks down to the power structure with the imprssionable being kept pacified and having someone to identify with that nurtures regressive and hopeless mentalities. So again the real Kings can stay in power and rich. So maybe Biggie should be called the Count of NYC or maybe the Duke of it...
    I love the West Coast and I love the East coast, again anyone who actually objectively reads my thread can see that just based on my favorites of all times. Here I will list them in the order I feel today Ice Cube, Scarface,2pac, Nas, Redman, Spice 1, ? . America is beautiful corporate america is Corrupt and has been to all my ancestors for over 500 years ? has just evolved not been made different. I will let it Die when HipHop Is dead or the lame stream is over thrown by indies again , till then My cause is part of the underground and exposing hypocritical false Idols is a starting point for that. I speak from working in the business making beats doing A&R for a few indies for years as a side hustle before just focussing on my family. I understand the politics of the Game and where Biggie is concerned dudes have to front or have doors closed.
    I still have many close friends grinding in the underground with legends on their records, so this is not just another internet kid talking reckless, I am critical of all rappers in different ways for different things. I have called those that showed irrational behaviour and responses stans, I have respected those that showed respect that were truly fans and not acting like obsessed stans. So untill ? changes again in the industry and the real is back on top I will keep grinding here in my free time for those that felt Like they had no voice in this eastcoast mainstream biased forum, and keep giving the majority who are ignored something they can relate to as many people feel the exact same as I on this and other HipHop Matters...Like I keep saying Biggie is Ground Zero for the current state of affairs, addressing the history is the 1st step to improving the future...
    The further majesty of my thread is that no matter how hard you ? have tried to derail and hate is has kept moving and still spawns new threads of support or copycat hate threads. I mean after those in power shut down the 1st two for fear of the revolt against lamestream Ideals I almost did not make a 3rd attempt at disscussion but the hypocrisy of you kittens on this forum and the lambasting of those that agreed with my positions recieved, made me feel obligated to continue the real. So the cyberstalking, attempted online bullying, the ? innuendo and continued attempts by you ? to shutdown this thread still keep failing and more people will keep agreeing as they actually listen to what is being said by all parties the deceased included...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My man Fazeem... Haaa!
  • ROFL..GUY
    ROFL..GUY Members Posts: 225
    Options
    ROFL @ makin a i hate big thre in 15,000 words @ 1 in the morning
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soloman dropped nothing but truth.
  • ROFL..GUY
    ROFL..GUY Members Posts: 225
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Soloman dropped nothing but truth.

ROFL @ you reading all that @ 1am
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    ROFL..GUY wrote:
    ROFL @ makin a i hate big thre in 15,000 words @ 1 in the morning

copy and paste of the unadulterated original thread...
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Options
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WOOOW no one will read that unless its summarize that is alot of info
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited February 2012
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote:
    WOOOW no one will read that unless its summarize that is alot of info

this is a old thread ressurected every paragraph break was originally a seperate response post...
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    Options
    I disagree....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You copy and pasta'd your own wall o text. And the whole thing is on a dude that you find physical grotesque.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here we go with this ? again!!!
  • BostonDro
    BostonDro Members Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here we go again... SMH
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is still talking bout this guy? let that man rest you lames
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Didn't read lol
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean this ? been making this same exact same thread since 2008. ? it's twentyTwelve give that ? a rest.
  • Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wo dere even tompetrez3 read dat ? and was like hol up hol up hol up i aint reading all dis shiteee
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt read, but sense a pile of b.s.....lol ts hates big cuz pac told him to
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    you would think biggie stole your ? from that essay you wrote... don't be mad ups is hiring hahaha
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    damn I see a lot of hurt feelings...
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    damn I see a lot of hurt feelings...

hahahahahaha
    how you going to call hurt feelings after that ? titangraph you just wrote????
    that don't even make no sense b!!!!

This discussion has been closed.