Options
124»

Comments

• stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Biggie will always be overrated.

The woman-beater and self-loathing glutton has horrible song like "Bust a Nut" and a small catalog littered with ? -erotica and savagery.

Simplistic bars about hoes going ? -? in a tee-? , not an ounce of conscious material [-(

How can he be Top 5 over true artists like Rakin, Tupac, Nas, Black Thought, Ice Cube, KRS One, & Chuck D?

leave it to self-righteous hrap. he was playing a character. he wasn't glorifying any of the things he talked about. that was just the drug dealing, scandelous, thief drug dealer persona he played for ready to die. he was much more mature and rapped on more conscious material on life after death.
  • poopoo
    poopoo Members Posts: 212
    Options
    Big is not in my top 5 but I definately can see how he is in other peoples. If it wasnt for lil boosie he would be in my top 5.
  • poopoo
    poopoo Members Posts: 212
    Options
    Whoever has Jay Z on their top five and not biggie need to do some homework
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote:
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Biggie will always be overrated.

The woman-beater and self-loathing glutton has horrible song like "Bust a Nut" and a small catalog littered with ? -erotica and savagery.

Simplistic bars about hoes going ? -? in a tee-? , not an ounce of conscious material [-(

How can he be Top 5 over true artists like Rakin, Tupac, Nas, Black Thought, Ice Cube, KRS One, & Chuck D?

Do you remember in one of fazeems many biggie is overrated threads I posted lyrics from his debut album, remixes and collabos and for arguments sake let's say posted 100 songs maybe 10 had suspect ? by y'all definition. So stop making it seem like all biggie talked about was ? kids in the ass.

Biggie doesn't even have 100 songs in his Discography.

If Biggie has 60 songs their will be at least 15 with some sickness, ? references or savagery.

One rhyme he sodomized a man with a broom-stick, another rhyme he dressed up as a woman, another rhyme he bragged about feces on his ? fro ? -sex, and even a skit were he boasted about defecating on a woman...the man called himself the Son of Satan and wanted to start a clothing like called "666".

He called his blackness ugly and killed himself on wax, his mafioso shtick and Frank White image steered NY away from the B-Boy and Boom-Bap that was it's signature. The sick deviant released a song called "Who Shotcha" after Tupac Shakur was shot outside of a studio he was in.

I wish I could find those Fazeem threads to explain in detail.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    His clothing line was gonna be called Brooklyn mint not 666

He was storytelling and said those things to make his stories as harsh as possible. He didn't really believe in most of the things he said

Biggie was teased as a kid and was called black and ugly, so he took it and flipped it into something endearing like so what "I still get ? "
  • ROFL..GUY
    ROFL..GUY Members Posts: 225
    Options
    Jamaica wrote:

He was storytelling and said those things to make his stories as harsh as possible. He didn't really believe in most of the things he said

Biggie was teased as a kid and was called black and ugly, so he took it and flipped it into something endearing like so what "I still get ? "

biggie wante to be italian soooo baaad.. disgusting...

all of NY in the mid 90's was trying to be mafioso.. it was there counter to the gangsta rap of the WC..

• CertifiedRiders
    CertifiedRiders Members Posts: 428
    Options
    Jamaica wrote:

No excuses for fakness that's sad Biggie lied bout his past and his mother had to admit that.
  • ROFL..GUY
    Options
    his impact is so overblown.. outside of NY no one gives a ? about BIG in 2012...

out here in WC i honestly have neer heard a big song on the radio not name "hypnotize"
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody's entitled to their opinions... that being said if you don't like b.i.g. that's on you but there's no way you gon claim i lack hip hop knowledge b.i.g. has been and will always be one of my favorites mcs to bless the mic what's more messed up to me is the new cats that claim lil wayne is the best rapper alive and even then i can't say that much about it cause that's they opinion but hey
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    Options
    As far as rapping goes BIG is top 5 easy...but when u put up a Goat list i can understand if hes not in ur top 5 coz he just didnt hav enough material...u can debate that but nvr his skill set

Pretty much this...
    I mean word for word, line for line Biggie is up there he only had like a 4 year run or some ? tho....
    I noticed ? on here focus more on what rappers say rather than how they say it....
  • 10x_dope
    10x_dope Members Posts: 14
    Options
  • ROFL..GUY
    Options
    100th post!

1st PLAT thread in the reason since its rebirth
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    biggie is a bit overrated lyrically. he was a top 5 story teller though and a nice flow though.
    andre better than big?
  • Dretox012
    Dretox012 Members Posts: 115
    Options
    CapitalC wrote:
    As far as rapping goes BIG is top 5 easy...but when u put up a Goat list i can understand if hes not in ur top 5 coz he just didnt hav enough material...u can debate that but nvr his skill set

Pretty much this...
    I mean word for word, line for line Biggie is up there he only had like a 4 year run or some ? tho....
    I noticed ? on here focus more on what rappers say rather than how they say it....

Well Content and Substance is the most important factor to most listeners but if they can say Substance and real emotions with a dope Delivery that's great both aspects should be there but the words you saying, saying real lyrics, speaking on life experience is just essential to most people.