• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh...good memories...lol.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote:
    not one refute of anything I posted thus proving my points about stans and their inability to form a logical argument...

you're a big hater dude, lol tupac told you to hate big and you obliged.....corny and overrated? mayb some overrate dude but we both kno he wasnt corny

Corny is acurate girls ? ? when they see me, peel more skin the Idaho potaoes, etc all cory lines the radio and some magazines sold you on the manchurian canidate and you ate it up. nas the greatest of all times, scarface greatest of all time, Ice Cube greatest of all times pac was great but not the greatest so try again... again no refutes I make points kats spew their emotions funny thing is the same circle has just as many posts as me but none are saying ? other then you are hating or pac told you to feel that way sad ? ...

so you ain't feeling him... aiight we get it like i said that's your opinion i'm entitled to feel him i don't think he's corny nor overrated and again i think you are beyond reaching comparing him to soulja boy but let's go on the rappers you named (who happen to all be rappers i love & respect)... nas is the one you named i will put above biggie in damn near every category, all the others didn't have big's delivery (neither did nas for that matter), storytelling (although all named before are great at it the only i would put up to par with biggie would be nas), rhyming pattern, wordplay, or punchlines and before you go up and down saying something dumb that's my opinion and i ride by it

wow your 1st post to not go the you just hating route I am proud of you child. Well said and had you started with this you might not have been labeled homotional but sadly you already showed your panties and that label cannot be dropped. Any who actually read the original thread or this one can see that the majority of my issues lie in Biggies content I actually give credit to his skills at multiple points for the observant. Second to that is my issue with the role he played in dumbing down and tricking out hiphop into hippop. I make sure I am clear that Biggie was simply a ? in those matters but again those who ran with the 1st few lines and got homotional missed that. summary Biggie was more bad for hiphop then any rapper before him and plenty of rappers since him have followed the same blueprint further casttrating the game...
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw the titengragh and never read......."heard it all before"

It makes me laugh how Biggie being so wack and overated is still the cause for T/S first thread on his comeback to the IC.

There's irony here.

One day you will be able to admit your a fan and be at peace with yourself.

Wack troll attempt. 2 years later and you on the same ? .
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Corny and overrated?
    yet, he still was better than Pac
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote:
    not one refute of anything I posted thus proving my points about stans and their inability to form a logical argument...

you're a big hater dude, lol tupac told you to hate big and you obliged.....corny and overrated? mayb some overrate dude but we both kno he wasnt corny

Corny is acurate girls ? ? when they see me, peel more skin the Idaho potaoes, etc all cory lines the radio and some magazines sold you on the manchurian canidate and you ate it up. nas the greatest of all times, scarface greatest of all time, Ice Cube greatest of all times pac was great but not the greatest so try again... again no refutes I make points kats spew their emotions funny thing is the same circle has just as many posts as me but none are saying ? other then you are hating or pac told you to feel that way sad ? ...

Corny is inaccurate....you been spewing your hate for big for a while, if you feel big was corny, i recant my statement that you're knowledgable....name a rapper that always kept it complex...you're quoting lyrics from a commercial party record....peel more skins than idaho potatoes is def better than hearing enemies and hennessy for the 4th time in the same song....only great of all time u listed is nas....like i said ? , when you stated that you celebrated big's demise, i knew what it was, that east vs west ? was really that serious to you
  • IntellectualViolence
    Options

ppl not wanting to read your hate rant makes your hate rant accurate?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited February 2012
    Options
    a_list wrote:
    a_list wrote:

Corny is inaccurate....you been spewing your hate for big for a while, if you feel big was corny, i recant my statement that you're knowledgable....name a rapper that always kept it complex...you're quoting lyrics from a commercial party record....peel more skins than idaho potatoes is def better than hearing enemies and hennessy for the 4th time in the same song....only great of all time u listed is nas....like i said ? , when you stated that you celebrated big's demise, i knew what it was, that east vs west ? was really that serious to you

was never about east or west in my top 12 rappers 8 are from the east coast so try again, you ? act like you got sand in your ? when ? is pointed out and catch more feelings than tissues...
  • a_list
    Options
    a_list wrote:
    a_list wrote:

was never about east or west in my top 12 rappers 8 are from the east coast so try again, you ? act like you got sand in your ? when ? is pointed out and catch more feelings than tissues...

You keep on with this catching feeling ? , I've been cool calm and collected during this exchange no name calling or blowing my cool.....there are no examples of me catching feelings, i gave you your props said you're a knowledgable dude...I think that this whole thread is based off of the feelings you caught in 96 and the feelings are still within you.....let it go ? .....if 8 out of your top 12 come from the east, then you know about emcing, so if you know about emcing, how can a skilled emcee be corny? has to be something else, sun

• angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote:
    a_list wrote:

oh ? this ? still going on???????

Fam you the only one on here that done pulled his skirt up and showed the color of your tampons getting all emotional to state how badly you hate a ? that passed away damn near 15 years ago!!!!!!

Think about that for a minute before you go and say that we "fanboys" are showing our emotions let it marinate and tell me if that makes anytype of sense?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You bugging out
  • DNB1
    Options
    Glad ? seeing this for what it really is.........smh
  • Tommy Bilfiger.
    Tommy Bilfiger. Members Posts: 0
    Options
    T/s got ? on bad in this thread damn

That a list cat bodied him lmao

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Op, why do you read so many books just to be mind ? on a forum?
  • DNB1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "People who hate you are just your confused admirers. They cant figure out the reason why everyone loves you." - Biggie Smalls
  • DNB1
    Options
    "I mean, it's not just the rappers, you know what i'm saying? People want to attack anybody that's a large figure, you know what I'm saying? They did it to Jordan, they did it to Tyson, they did it to Bill Cosby, you know what I'm saying? They're gonna' attack you if you on top." - Biggie Smalls
  • DNB1
    Options
    "Even when I was wrong, I got my point across." - Biggie Smalls
  • DNB1
    Options
    "If you don't love yourself, I'll make you see your own heart" - Biggie Smalls
  • DNB1
    Options
    A rundown of his accomplishments:
    Ready to Die
    Released 1994
    RIAA citified 4x Platinum

Life After Death
    Released 1997
    RIAA certified Diamond (10x Platinum)

Born Again
    Released 1999
    RIAA certified 2x Platinum

Duets: The Final Chapter
    Released 2005
    RIAA certified Platinum

Greatest Hits
    Released 2007
    RIAA certified Gold

No wonder Bad Boy is still eating, you got to really take a look at what Life After Death did, because it was dropped as a double disc (so it was priced higher than a single CD), and it sold 10 million worldwide. In terms of the influence, Ready to Die and Life After Death both changed the direction of Hip-Hop by mastering the art of creating a ‘crossover’ hit (mixing ? lyrics with an R&B singer on the chorus), and it laid the groundwork of how to maintain ‘keeping it real’. Before an album was released, Biggie was wise to work the mixtape DJ market – that would involve leaking tracks to DJ’s with national distribution, and giving certain DJ’s exclusive freestyles. All of this was for the goal that when the album dropped, those in the underground would be attracted to Biggie’s lyrical ability, and the general market would be taken in by the crossover appeal. This formula has since been copied exponentially by the likes of Jay-Z, Nas, 50 Cent, Eminem, and the like.

Bring the Posse Syndrome
    Another pervasive influence that Biggie had on the hip-hop genre was the ‘bring the posse syndrome’, that is, once you get successful, create a label, and have your friends release albums and songs under your new label. Biggie only had a chance to try this out with now defunct group Junior M.A.F.I.A., that had a successful album (going Gold) and spawned the careers of Lil’ Cease and the infamous Lil’ Kim. Biggie had an understanding of how the music industry game worked; similar to the ? trade or a Pyramid scheme – the higher you are at the top, the more you can make off of others. Well, in the music game, it works that if you can sign them to your label, you can get a piece of their recording and publishing deals. Current circa, every rapper that is somewhat successful has copied this blueprint, from:

Dr. Dre
    > Eminem
    >> D- 12
    >> 50 Cent
    >>> G-Unit
    >>> Llyod Banks, Young Buck, Tony Yayo

Nelly
    > St. Lunatics
    > Murphy Lee

Jay-Z
    > Memphis Bleek, Beanie Sigel, Freeway
    > Kanye West
    >>Jon Legend

** Every Bold name has a label **

As you can see, some of these worked out very well in the cases of Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, Eminem, and 50 Cent, and not so well as with the case of Nelly, Snoop, and others

^^Jacked from elsewhere.....but all these accomplishments from an overrated and corny rapper
  • DNB1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Who has had more influence on contemporary rap: Tupac or Notorious BIG?

Definitely Notorious B.I.G.

If you look at the Hip Hop charts in the last 10-15 years you'll see that a lot of rappers used the drug dealer image to sell their rap persona. Biggie came from a drug dealer background motivating a lot of hustlers to make it in the music business, too ('sometimes the rap game reminds me of the ? game').

2Pac had a more political background with his parents being involved with the Black Panthers. So from early on he had a different kind of struggle as his parents often had problems with the police and governmental organizations. In addition to that 2Pac was more of an 'artist' in the cultural sense than Biggie. He participated in theaters as a kid and had generally a more poetic rap style (very different from a lot of rappers these days). All the thugging and acting gangsta came later and was kinda enforced on him through his environment in CA ('...and how do you survive weighing 165, in a city where the skinny guys die?' -> by rolling with the thugs). However in CA 2Pac is still the non-plus-ultra of rap reminding the people of the golden era of Death Row.

Gotta love both of 'em though, they were both great in their own sense

Again stolen from elsewhere but some valid points made in this post.
  • Tommy Bilfiger.
    Tommy Bilfiger. Members Posts: 0
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Funniest part is this ? callin biggie "corny" yet pac was the lame who listened to cracka productions like les miserables and took ballet as a youth

Lmao tutu shakur was an actor and had the corniest gimmick of all time he died cuz of his gimmick

Duke went from a "son of a black panther" then embraced this thuglife facade that got his ? merked.It was Only so long that fake thug could pretend

• Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn homie lost when he didn't answer me and now multiple kicks to the dome. "Homotional" ass ? . Stop catching feelings because one artist is more popular than you favorites even though he's no longer alive.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this was my ? right here
    http://youtu.be/EnLpegwROxQ

• a_list
    Options
    T/s got ? on bad in this thread damn

That a list cat bodied him lmao

Yo appreciate you noticing how easily this cat was picked apart.....i hit him with the jab early and when he finally tried to adjust the power punches finished him....i wanted to finish him in late second round but he has a tough skull.....cant complain about a 3rd round k.o though.....lol
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited February 2012
    Options
    damn same homotional kats running rampant this ? really gets yall amped like that got to love it...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yup this thread has run its course.
This discussion has been closed.