lmfao at YMCMR signing washed up Limp Bizkit, possibly Ashanti too!

Options

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:
    The Young Money-Cash Money family is getting bigger by the day. Fresh off signing Christina Milian, the famed hip-hop label has added Limp Bizkit to its roster and is possibly working with Ashanti.

Lil Wayne called into “Kissing After Dark” on New York’s 98.7 Kiss FM, the R&B radio station he listened to while serving time at Rikers Island in 2010, where he announced the rock band’s affiliation with Cash Money Records.

“As far as Cash Money, they’re always listening and looking at acts, so honestly, it’s like every other day I hear about somebody new just signed to Cash Money,” Weezy told host Lenny Green. “The other day I just found out Limp Bizkit signed to Cash Money. So they’re signing everybody and everybody’s getting a chance.”

Frontman Fred Durst confirmed the news on Twitter. “Rock ? doesn’t rock anymore! They say the whole game done went pop so I’m back in this ? ! #CMLB,” he tweeted.

The Young Money CEO also dropped another bombshell, revealing that Ashanti may be getting down with the YMCMB camp. “I don’t wanna step across any boundaries, but I think we’re working with Ashanti right now,” he shared.

Ashanti launched her own label Written Entertainment last year and is currently promoting her single “The Woman You Love” featuring Cash Money signee Busta Rhymes.

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/02/24/cash-money-signs-limp-bizkit-working-with-ashanti/comment-page-1/#comment-1504250

Damn what is the point of signing all these people?

• masterofthegasmask
    Options
    ym gonna sign-vinilla ice,the informent guy u know from alaska with the reggae accent,will smith,also wu-tang,the kung fu fighting a fast as lighting guy, and afroman
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ym gonna sign-vinilla ice,the informent guy u know from alaska with the reggae accent,will smith,also wu-tang,the kung fu fighting a fast as lighting guy, and afroman
    That made me laugh
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Signing Ashanti is a good look....not only is she a gifted singer, she writes her own ? and even produces
    Forgot who the hell Limp Bizkit is *shrugs*
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Damn good move if they sign Ashanti, she still has a fan base and can add some in-house big-name female vocals to all those YMCMB projects.

The Limp Biscuit ish is Slim making good on his promise to add more Rock acts to his empire so they can be seen as a more diverse label with Rock, Rap, and R&B acts.....I hope their empire expands and expands until it's as self-contained as possible without Caucasion overseers.

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YMCMB is gonna fall off in 3,2,1...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at Ashanti, chick hasn't had or written a hit since 2004
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:

not even that but are YMCOONS whitewashed fans gunna care about her singing hooks or doing side ? ? Their market likes the pop autotune watered down ? . Once she comes in singing a hook they gunna be like "the ? is the actual singing without effect ? ".

And limp bizkit had a failed tour last year where they planned to go to ampitheatres and stadiums and had to downsize venue size due to lack of response...so singing them aint gunna get them more white fans. Funny ? its 2012 where hip pop music gets you more white fans than singing a rock band hahaha imagine hearing that 10 years ago you would think it was a joke.

• dalyricalbandit
    Options
    keep rollin rollin rollin..

they signed ashanti for the nookie
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

imma be dead laughing if they do a show and fred durst starts yelling out cash money young money at the begining of their song

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at me looking up limp bizkit for the first time in years cause of this news
  • Wild Self
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote:
    usmarin3 wrote:

not even that but are YMCOONS whitewashed fans gunna care about her singing hooks or doing side ? ? Their market likes the pop autotune watered down ? . Once she comes in singing a hook they gunna be like "the ? is the actual singing without effect ? ".

And limp bizkit had a failed tour last year where they planned to go to ampitheatres and stadiums and had to downsize venue size due to lack of response...so singing them aint gunna get them more white fans. Funny ? its 2012 where hip pop music gets you more white fans than singing a rock band hahaha imagine hearing that 10 years ago you would think it was a joke.

The rap game and society has turned itself inside out in the last decade.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote:

imma be dead laughing if they do a show and fred durst starts yelling out cash money young money at the begining of their song

lmaoo
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $pyda wrote:
    Thefabmd2c still stannin YM after all this time
    lol I don't stan for YM

Anyway whatever happened to Jay sean and Kevin Rudolph?

Idk why you lyin for, own up to your stan.
  • Kame
    Options
    Didn't Limp Bizkit do a mil in a week in like 2000 or something?
  • Kame
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote:

or they get a Birdman cameo on one of their songs lmao

"Bizkit the realest rockers, Fred got the realest flow"
    "belee dat plehboi"
  • Wild Self
    Options
    Kame wrote:
    Didn't Limp Bizkit do a mil in a week in like 2000 or something?

yeah. back in 2000. Besides, Fred Durst is over 40 now! Imagine him rocking that red fitted of his in an audience that long forgot about him. Like I said, YM is gonna fall off hard very soon if they cannot release albums from artists they sign so frequently.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Limp Bizkit were never really respected or like by Rock heads anyway...mainly cause of Fred Durst dude was the most disliked person in music for years.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote:

lmaoo

i just looked up an article and he actually shouted out cash money on his twitter page

killerhiphop.com/news-cash-money-signs-limp-bizkit/

i used to ? with a few limp bizkit songs back in the day but its a sad day when limp bizkit thinks they are "bringing rock back" they were more alternative than rock

• edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I will not be checking for them, both them and Young Money are wack. That being said, I do like this song:

Limp Bizkit featuring ? , Redman and DMX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20m_KXkok0U&feature=fvst
  • nujerz84
    Options
    I will not be checking for them, both them and Young Money are wack. That being said, I do like this song:

Limp Bizkit featuring ? , Redman and DMX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20m_KXkok0U&feature=fvst

The first Anger Management Tour had them on it...at this stop you had... Xzibit, DMX, and Eminem but on the rock sid you had these cornballs, Papa Roach and Godsmack...crowd mostly if not all white people... this young white couple next to us whole show all they did was blaze no reaction at all to the music from anyone lol.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 letters YMCMB

Careless World in stores today
  • nujerz84
    Options
    5 letters YMCMB

Careless World in stores today

3 letters ?

thats what bcotton2000 is everyday.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote:
    This reminds me of when fifty cent was signing people left right and center to G-Unit - Like lil kim, MOP, Mobb deep, Spider Loc, Hot rod, Olivia etc.

this and also dame dash when he was sign folks

M.O.P , Nore, ODB, Nicole Wray, Grafh etc.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YMCMB is on top of the game.

Wayne, Nicky, Drake and even Tyga & Twist getting spins, doing shows, videos in rotation on top of the HipHop game.

When you have the Top 3 selling acts in HipHop you can sign as many tax write offs as you please and if they don't generate you some money or contribute to the chemistry of your movement one way or another then you just release them.

Salute Slim for the vision...no pun intended.