3 tracks in to B.o.B's sophomore album..

Options
andre_1024
andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in The Reason
Thoughts so far? Anybody think it's gonna be better than his debut?

Personally both Strange Clouds and Play the Guitar are ehhh...So Good is a cool track tho..tbh expectations aren't very high for this album..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1CgvXhCo4&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpuBXY31e0M&feature=branded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvlFXR7DD9Q&feature=branded

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    strange clouds and play the guitar >>>
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    All 3 of these songs are better then his first album's singles.

I was pumped about BoB before he dropped his debut from his mixtapes. Album was a disappointment but Im not gonna give up on dude.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    His 1st album was str8 pop garbage

He might of went gold but people who were expecting a hip hop album wont be taking him seriously
  • andre_1024
    Options
    HLF wrote:
    All 3 of these songs are better then his first album's singles.

I was pumped about BoB before he dropped his debut from his mixtapes. Album was a disappointment but Im not gonna give up on dude.

See I was a little disappointed in the album but I still thought it was a decent debut..but true these 3 are better than Nothin on You, Airplanes and Magic..
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's going to be tough to top the first album, and to be honest these tracks don't make it seem like he will.
  • Stew
    Options
    It's going to be tough to top the first album, and to be honest these tracks don't make it seem like he will.

Its going to be tough just cause of the climate of music alone. Neither of these singles appeal to the white audience like that so im pretty sure it'll struggle to go gold but thats none of my concern. Want the dude to make music he wants to make and not Atlantic.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    I better not hear another single with Bruno Mars on it. that ? on too many songs these days.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could have sworn Strange Clouds debuted at #8 on the charts and So Good just debuted at #5 on iTunes....
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    I could have sworn Strange Clouds debuted at #8 on the charts and So Good just debuted at #5 on iTunes....
    Im pretty sure they did
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Im pretty sure they did

He got that addidas gig and ? . He has a knack for making chart topping songs. Idk I think when his album drops he's gonna do big things.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this album is more B.o.B. than B.o.B. featuring...

From the singles, he's released so far, it sounds like it'll be more rap. I still want to hear him without the features though. "Don't Let Me Fall" was favorite song from the last album and that was him by himself.
  • andre_1024
    Options
    Idk I don't think his buzz is as big as it was when his debut dropped..he's still got time tho
  • andre_1024
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, both the Wayne and 3k features were kinda weak imo..
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has not dropped a dud yet. His singles are doing better than the so-called hottest in the game according to MTV.Strange Clouds single went platinum and So Good will also. I think he is going atleast gold again and could outsell his boss.
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy is really the embodiment of record label formula in rappers and I'm really not feeling it... Anyone who likes this guy must not understand how bad he is for hip hop.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude sure leans on features to carry his singles. smh
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    LOLCL wrote:
    This guy is really the embodiment of record label formula in rappers and I'm really not feeling it... Anyone who likes this guy must not understand how bad he is for hip hop.

aka *I never heard B.o.B. before his album posts*
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOLCL wrote:

This is true. Most people only listen to singles, and that's the bottomline.

• andre_1024
    Options
    $pyda wrote:

exactly...
  • choppa_style
    Options
    HLF wrote: »

Its going to be tough just cause of the climate of music alone. Neither of these singles appeal to the white audience like that so im pretty sure it'll struggle to go gold but thats none of my concern. Want the dude to make music he wants to make and not Atlantic.

I actually meant compared to the quality of the songs on the first album. I wasn't referring to sales at all. I don't really care about that to be honest. I like the song "Strange Clouds" though.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO These 3 Songs ? on the first 3 singles of his debut...
  • DRO_IZ_BACK
    DRO_IZ_BACK Members Posts: 218
    Options
    HUH??? I THOUGHT THESE WERE MIX TAPE SONGS.. THESE ARE SONGS ON HIS ALBUM?
  • choppa_style
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

What were they? Don't Let Me Fall, Nuthin' on You, Airplanes, Bet I, and Magic?

Anyway, I can agree on Nuthin' on You, but the others were hot, especially T.I. and Playboy Tre and Bet I.
  • Stew
    Options

Anyway, I can agree on Nuthin' on You, but the others were hot, especially T.I. and Playboy Tre and Bet I.

They tried to push "Bet I" but didnt work.
  • choppa_style
    Options
    HLF wrote: »

They tried to push "Bet I" but didnt work.

It was def a single though. I remember the video. In fact it was pretty cool as I recall.