Legit Reason's to why Eminem is not top 10 Material.........

Options
Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
edited February 2012 in The Reason
Alot of people have respectable opinions on Eminem and alot dont. This thread is to voice your opinion on why you dont think he is a top 10 talent in Rap. Please refrain from the childish name calling unless its referring to that one poster we all know. Go!

Comments

• Stew
    Options
    $? wrote: »
    Too one dimensional and his last three albums were terrible

Explain.........
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    eminem being top 10 is debatable imo.
  • Stew
    edited February 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Doesn't have a 5 mic classic!

Music doesn't age well

Singles are corny as ? !

His catalog doesn't message up to others!

Thats respectable and arguable.
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    Not one classic in his catalog.

Everyone in your top 10 has a classic? Name them
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His body of work isn't strong enough he has 3 good albums and 3 bad. But we have to come up with some type of universal criteria on how to rate some ones career. People would put Pac as goat but his pre-humous catalog isn't super strong. Kanye's catalog is pretty strong but is he the best rapper , thats arguable. I don't come up with top ten lists or goat list because its hard not being bias to one rapper or another.
  • Stew
    Options
    He's just not skilled enough. He isnt even make a list of the top 5 most skilled white rappers

Now this reason isnt respectable. Sorry
  • Stew
    Options
    illmatic
    Ready to Die
    Reasonable Doubt
    Amerikkas Most Wanted
    Doe or Die
    Paid in Full
    Whut the Album
    Long Live The Kane
    Me Against The World
    Criminal Minded

All classics that cant be argued about

I can definitely argue about it but its respectable to say the least.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Music doesn't age well

Singles are corny as ? !

I really dislike his 1st singles off every record. They are the worst attempts (that actually work) at top 40 radio play.
  • Stew
    Options
    Which one can you deny and why?

Amerikkas Most Wanted cause it aged horribly

Reasonable Doubt cause I simply dont think its a classic record but I get why some do

Whutt The Album see RD and AMW
  • Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    Options
    His music isnt good
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    Options
    On a technical rapping ability level? I am not sure anyone could seriously argue that he should not be top 10. But his catalog is not very strong. 3 good albums, one disgustingly bad album, and two so-so albums. He has also made songs with some of the worse possible subjects, eg.: "? ", "big ? ", "insane", etc, which is why one could say that he should not be in the top 10.
  • Stew
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

Music doesn't age well

Singles are corny as ? !

I really dislike his 1st singles off every record. They are the worst attempts (that actually work) at top 40 radio play.

And thats cool but a single shouldnt steer you away from the album nor should it make you judge that artist being that he's on a Major label.
  • Deckster
    Options
    Deckster wrote: »
    His music isnt good

This guy is a Lil B fan BTW
    no im not btw

• Stew
    Options
    His music isnt good

smh *ignores his post*
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HLF wrote: »
    $? wrote: »
    Too one dimensional and his last three albums were terrible

Explain.........

his flow is un-versatile and he just can't connect with a wide demographic
  • Deckster
    edited February 2012
    Options
    His music isnt good

smh *ignores his post*
    yeah okay, top 10 rappers dont make songs like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SnRBXoNM7k&feature=related"]youtube.com/watch?v=5SnRBXoNM7k&feature=related

how do u embed youtube?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And thats cool but a single shouldnt steer you away from the album nor should it make you judge that artist being that he's on a Major label.

To me in all honesty it does. I guess it shows my age but I'm from the generation when your 1st single was for the streets not the radio/club.
  • Stew
    edited February 2012
    Options
    His music isnt good

smh *ignores his post*
    yeah okay, top 10 rappers dont make songs like this youtube.com/watch?v=5SnRBXoNM7k&feature=related

how do u embed youtube?

No need to use a code. I got u

smh at posting one of his most creative songs.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem is extremely skilled, i don't think anyone can deny that ? . His problem is he doesn't know how to put together a timeless piece of work that ages well.
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ill give him top 10 living only cuz his sales are undeniable. ? if he's white he's still one of the top selling artists in music history. since were supposed to judge an artist on the music they make ill do a break down of my opinion of his albums.

infinite- i can't honestly say i haven't heard it all. i've listened to a few tracks and its pretty clear, lyrically, he was on his ? .

slim shady lp- easily my favorite album by him. it just seemed like he was having fun in the booth.

marshall mathers lp- maybe its just me but i hated this album. the only songs i liked were "the way i am" and "? please 2"

encore- major letdown with this one. he was at such a high after MMLP and then this album was just depressing.

relapse- this album is generally looked at negatively but i liked it. i thought he was getting back to his SSLP mentality and the beats were on point. "? a bottle" still gets rotation

recovery- almost reminds me of C4. there were high points and low points. but imo the lows were stronger than the highs. he tried to be more mature but it just didn't feel natural.

eminems a great rapper. ? dont wanna give him props cuz he's white but ? that. he has an interesting perspective on the world, pretty negative albeit, and he can tell a story with the best of em. but we can't forget that he wouldn't have sold half the records he has if he wasn't white. its a big factor in his success and its impossible to look past that. top 10 ever is debatable, but i could see how some people would think that.
  • Stew
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

To me in all honesty it does. I guess it shows my age but I'm from the generation when your 1st single was for the streets not the radio/club.

We are prolly around the same age then. Eminem is not a "Street Rapper" tho. I think you have to consider that into the equation.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marshal mathers lp and the eminem show are arguably classic albums, thats all i have to say carry on..
  • Stew
    Options
    ill give him top 10 living only cuz his sales are undeniable. ? if he's white he's still one of the top selling artists in music history. since were supposed to judge an artist on the music they make ill do a break down of my opinion of his albums.

infinite- i can't honestly say i haven't heard it all. i've listened to a few tracks and its pretty clear, lyrically, he was on his ? .

slim shady lp- easily my favorite album by him. it just seemed like he was having fun in the booth.

marshall mathers lp- maybe its just me but i hated this album. the only songs i liked were "the way i am" and "? please 2"

encore- major letdown with this one. he was at such a high after MMLP and then this album was just depressing.

relapse- this album is generally looked at negatively but i liked it. i thought he was getting back to his SSLP mentality and the beats were on point. "? a bottle" still gets rotation

recovery- almost reminds me of C4. there were high points and low points. but imo the lows were stronger than the highs. he tried to be more mature but it just didn't feel natural.

eminems a great rapper. ? dont wanna give him props cuz he's white but ? that. he has an interesting perspective on the world, pretty negative albeit, and he can tell a story with the best of em. but we can't forget that he wouldn't have sold half the records he has if he wasn't white. its a big factor in his success and its impossible to look past that. top 10 ever is debatable, but i could see how some people would think that.

I could care less about sales to be honest. And how you forget about his best album imo The Eminem Show?
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When people complain about his subject matter....what else do you want him to talk about? Just because you can't relate doesn't mean others can't. He didnt sell drugs so trap rap is out....wasn't out there "banging" (or claiming to be) so the super gangsta music is out.....he's not flashy so your not gonna get the balling ? from him....lol this is a real question, what do yall want dude to talk about?