Legit Reason's to why Eminem is not top 10 Material.........

Options

Comments

• ROFL..GUY
    ROFL..GUY Members Posts: 225
    Options
    My answer would be because he's not good enough or in other words, I can easily name 10 better emcees.

Btw, what makes Eminem better than all of the guys before him who have inspired his rap style or rappers with similar styles?

What makes Em better than Royce?

What makes Eminem better than Pharoahe Monch?

What makes Eminem better than Canibus?

What makes Eminem better than Redman?

What makes Eminem better than Masta Ace?

... It's definitely not catalog, because those pop singles Em releases automatically stops any of his albums from being great, let alone classic. (Take any of the universal hip-hop classics and place an Em single on it. That ? would drop at least 1mic.) It's not creativity, because those dudes I named are some of the most creative emcees out there. It's not longevity, because all of those people are still releasing albums to this date. And we all know it's not lyrics, because Em ain't like that with lyrics when speaking from an all-time standpoint, so what is it?

all those rappers are just as talented MC's as Marshall....

BUT THEY CANT WRITE SONGS as well as EMINEM... theres your ANSWER@!!.... thats why the rappers you posted are underground RAPPERS..... and not ARTIST... they cant write songs................
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    Options
    only on the internet does anyone disagree that he's top ten.

no point in spending energy trying to convince people whos life consists of typing paragraphs upon paragraphs about how much they hate entertainers.

ive noticed that people who stay on these websites hate anyone who has gotten very successful through music. thats how you get ? statements like "jay-z is the most one dimensional rapper ever" said earlier in this thread. em, jay, and 50 are loved by people i see in person but when i check these sites the hate never stops
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because there are 10 better rappers than him.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My answer would be because he's not good enough or in other words, I can easily name 10 better emcees.

Btw, what makes Eminem better than all of the guys before him who have inspired his rap style or rappers with similar styles?

What makes Em better than Royce?

What makes Eminem better than Pharoahe Monch?

What makes Eminem better than Canibus?

What makes Eminem better than Redman?

What makes Eminem better than Masta Ace?

... It's definitely not catalog, because those pop singles Em releases automatically stops any of his albums from being great, let alone classic. (Take any of the universal hip-hop classics and place an Em single on it. That ? would drop at least 1mic.) It's not creativity, because those dudes I named are some of the most creative emcees out there. It's not longevity, because all of those people are still releasing albums to this date. And we all know it's not lyrics, because Em ain't like that with lyrics when speaking from an all-time standpoint, so what is it?

your arguments are always so weak lol

youtube.com/watch?v=hO2wA0Te0wM

youtube.com/watch?v=aSLZFdqwh7E&ob=av3e

youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM&ob=av3n

but i cant connect to the song, call the wahhambulance, as if u can connect any better to rappers pretending to be king pin drug lords lol or anything NWA rapped about 90% of the tiem of there fake gang banging

you dont go to the internet forums to find intelligence so its my fault for even questioning you lol

you probably Max B was hot on the streets, but it was just the forums :)

• L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    Options
    IMO he's the best lyrical rapper, lyrically his skills are flawless...he has 3 classics to me, his first 3 albums were dope as hell to me..wasn't to keen on Encore and Relapse, recovery was a good album.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ^^I don't think he has 3 classics but the rest of your post is fair game
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wonder how many rappers that co sign him know about those tapes though ? Its weird people would still co sign him after that.

IMHO em has 3 good album but rest of his ? is overrated. Hes still cool though.

agree

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this guy pretty much explains it, as far as my hip hop taste goes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCLxGb4BPE
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously if you're going to give a subjective answer, you have to compare it to something else in rap.

Just saying something like he's one dimensional is pointless unless you show how other rappers aren't one dimensional.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The slim shady lp is classic. Most of you haven't taken the time to lsiten to it from first track to last. His delivery, punchlines, subject matter, hunger is all on point. One of the greatest Debut albums. period.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    only on the internet does anyone disagree that he's top ten.

no point in spending energy trying to convince people whos life consists of typing paragraphs upon paragraphs about how much they hate entertainers.

ive noticed that people who stay on these websites hate anyone who has gotten very successful through music. thats how you get ? statements like "jay-z is the most one dimensional rapper ever" said earlier in this thread. em, jay, and 50 are loved by people i see in person but when i check these sites the hate never stops
    Those same people check out justin bieber and other wack artists. Why should I care about their opinion when they started listening to hip hop like in 05'.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    He's a loser x10
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think its simple as this... You take Em out of Hip Hop it doesnt cause a major Rift take Pac, Big, Jay-Z, Nas out of Hip Hop and Rap as we know it will not exist....
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only whites think Em has a classic album...foh...to answer the thread its because the r 10 rappers better...skill wise u can make the argument to put him in but his music jus doesnt hold up...

also did t/s say u cant b a racist teen?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got dang you sound like an ole i luv eminem and I defend him type ? !
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squall wrote: »
    I think its simple as this... You take Em out of Hip Hop it doesnt cause a major Rift take Pac, Big, Jay-Z, Nas out of Hip Hop and Rap as we know it will not exist....

You mean also like Kane, Rakim, Scarface, KRS-one, & Chuck D? Ice Cube is pretty obvious, too.

Exactly even Kool G Rap (Who's in my top 5). You take Em out u dont have a cocky ass 50 Cent and D12....
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CainMarko wrote: »
    Not one classic in his catalog.

I nosigned.

Collapse feat. Nate Dogg is a classic in my world.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just find the logic used to disqualify criticism of dude insane...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just find the logic used to disqualify criticism of dude insane...

Em's drug habit took away from his talent. When he's on drugs he's rapping about puke, ? , murder, or on some ? ? . But when he's sober he drops gems like "When Im Gone", "Collapse", or "Talking To Myself". So I can understand why people go against dude.

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lol old ass thread

Some good reasons mos def and wouldn't and havnt argued in this thread. Some not. Imo he is top 10 solely on his music.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody that likes eminem is a ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has no classics.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lol @ not being able to be racist as a teenager (13-19)

...and Eminem has no classics, and no influence, well positive influence anyway. Dude gave wack D12 and crab ass 50 Cent a wider platform for their music.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface
    Scarface
    Nas
    G Rap
    Rakim
    Black Thought
    Tupac
    Ice Cube
    Jay-Z