Yo when did hiphop became scared to call certain things whack?

Options
13»

Comments

• SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk, but i feel myself doing the same thing dealing with younger peers when they have dumb ideas.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "why is everybody so mad at the south for?"....damn i knew it was gone be a lot of hate for the south lol...."change ya style up, switch it to southpaw"

i dont even listen to that guy but that was some real ? .....since we so garbage, do better than us.....or quit fakin and join us
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    Options
    marin what's wack to u maybe hot to someone else and what is hot to u maybe wack to someone else, it all come down to taste
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    "why is everybody so mad at the south for?"....damn i knew it was gone be a lot of hate for the south lol...."change ya style up, switch it to southpaw"

i dont even listen to that guy but that was some real ? .....since we so garbage, do better than us.....or quit fakin and join us

I'm from the south and contrary to popular belief, the south isn't doing that much better than other regions and lets not act like during the south's run that classic albums and timeless music has come from it. Don't confuse popularity for quality!
  • siqnih da rapper
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

I'm from the south and contrary to popular belief, the south isn't doing that much better than other regions and lets not act like during the south's run that classic albums and timeless music has come from it. Don't confuse popularity for quality!

What is classic is opinion ya opinion isn't the same as others and what ya think is classic others don't my ?
  • usmarin3
    Options

What is classic is opinion ya opinion isn't the same as others and what ya think is classic others don't my ?

LOL at my opinion, i think most critics and hiphop heads would agree that the CHronic, ? , Illmatic, Ready to Die, and 36 Chambers are classics. Nope not my opinion, i mean what album from the south in the period of their emergence (2004 till now) are remotely anywhere near those albums level?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Shady got Siqnh account.....good move
  • HafBayked
    edited March 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:

no u said all that lol....i was responding to the numerous answers that the south ruined the game...just tired of hearing that ? .....if all the people that were fans of other types of music just switched on em, how is that the souths fault? I could care less about a "classic" or someones opinion of "quality" b/c that changes with the next man.

and for the record Illmatic and 36 chambers received no play in my area....i only knew about those guys b/c of tv...and biggie is.....well he's biggie, who dont know about him....
  • siqnih da rapper
    Options

LOL at my opinion, i think most critics and hiphop heads would agree that the CHronic, ? , Illmatic, Ready to Die, and 36 Chambers are classics. Nope not my opinion, i mean what album from the south in the period of their emergence (2004 till now) are remotely anywhere near those albums level?

There are ? out dere dat think some of them aren't classics some may think none it's all based on personal opinion g
  • usmarin3
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:

no u said all that lol....i was responding to the numerous answers that the south ruined the game...just tired of hearing that ? .....if all the people that were fans of other types of music just switched on em, how is that the souths fault? I could care less about a "classic" or someones opinion of "quality" b/c that changes with the next man.

and for the record Illmatic and 36 chambers received no play in my area....i only knew about those guys b/c of tv...and biggie is.....well he's biggie, who dont know about him....

How old are you and where are you from?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i think that's corny and lame ass hell, i filled that it's not a rapper's job to call another ? wack.. it's the fans, although rappers can b fans....

another rapper calling another rapper wack, is like me N usmarine being players. and i go 2 a shawty and throw salt on usmarine's game, ? makes me look weak and insecure

i'm not sayin rappers shouldn't fill that other rappers are wack, but going to the media (magazine, t.v, radio),and ? and throwin salt on another ? makes u look weak ? .

just focus on ya self n ya craft g...

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think that's corny and lame ass hell, i filled that it's not a rapper's job to call another ? wack.. it's the fans, although rappers can b fans....

another rapper calling another rapper wack, is like me N usmarine being players. and i go 2 a shawty and throw salt on usmarine's game, ? makes me look weak and insecure

i'm not sayin rappers shouldn't fill that other rappers are wack, but going to the media (magazine, t.v, radio),and ? and throwin salt on another ? makes u look weak ? .

i agree it does make them look weak. to just say yo dude is trash is corny as hell. now put it on wax and thats entertainment...let the fans decide

• Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What I feel OP was saying tho, why are some rappers now afraid to give their real opinion. Yea it might be hating if you just say that person sucks and no one asked you but if someone asks your opinion ( like DMX was asked recently) shouldn't you as a rapper be able to say what you think without fear of record sale loss?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHEN THE SOUTH TOOK OVER AND STARTED TO OVERUSE THE WORD "HATE".

PEOPLE FROM EVERYWHERE ELSE: MAN THAT ? IS WACK AS ? !!!

AVERAGE ? IN THE SOUTH: SHAWTY STOP HATING!!! HE GETTING MONEY. WHY YOU WANT TO HATE ONA NEXT MAN? THAT'S WHY BLACK FOLKS CAN'T MAKE IT. ALWAYS TRYING TO PULL ANOTHER BLACK MAN DOWN. THE SOUTH EATIN!!!

Again this ? started with bad boy, but gotta admit them cats took it to another level.....mention that you dont like said rapper, and you're automatically hating because the said rapper is getting money.....? is insane
  • HafBayked
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:
    How old are you and where are you from?

24 from the boot.....they still dont know who wu-tang is around this ? lol....nah they know about em but nobody listened to it
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Respectable.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Alot of good responses in this thread, primary reason is money. Why mess up a chance to make money by dissing the young hot rapper.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas called out 50-Cent for being wack and started their little fued.

GZA called out 50-Cent & Soulja Boy for being wack

DJ Khaled called out G-Unit for being wack

Shyne called 0-Cent out for being wack

Rappers are fearless when it comes to calling 50-Cent wack.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats wack to u may not be wack to someone else.... I am not a fan of Wu outside of Rae and ? but others feel they are the greatest thing eva.... blaming the south is stupid. The south been making the same music from jump. What happened to NY? With that said there is no issue in competition and a rapper callin another rapper wack but if the person throwing the stone aint helping with quality music and is bitter about another rapper success then there is a problem. If folks and rappers can see past the CO ? and recognize good music from Ross then its a problem as well
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its that garbage ? from the south ? hip hop up

if i say wayne wack i'm hating, but if i said "saigon had an ill ass album" oh ny aint ? , ? yall, we run ? now

but they still eat pigs feet and think its illegal to read, so i dont react
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its that garbage ? from the south ? hip hop up

if i say wayne wack i'm hating, but if i said "saigon had an ill ass album" oh ny aint ? , ? yall, we run ? now

but they still eat pigs feet and think its illegal to read, so i dont react

it goes both ways tho. cuz if someone likes wayne folks have something slick to say and everyone isnt feeling saigon. Its called preference and is subjective. And also what do you say to someone who likes both?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from the South and I like Saigon...and I can NOT stand pigs feet and have my literacy curve is very high..
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    There is a simple solution to all of this: support Canibus.

i hope youre talkin about weed not the rapper....