Unarmed Black 17-Year-Old Boy Shot To Death By White Leader Of “Neighborhood Watch”

Options
desertrain10
desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Black 17-Year-Old Boy Shot To Death By White Leader Of “Neighborhood Watch”...

The whole point of a neighborhood watch is to protect those who live around you, but a family living inside a gated Florida community is finding that that protection only goes so far once race and prejudices come into play.

Last month, 17-year-old Miami resident Trayvon Martin was visiting his father and stepmother in Sanford, FL, where they live at The Retreat at Twin Lakes. One night, while taking a break from watching NBA All-Star Game coverage, Trayvon walked to the convenience store 10 minutes away to pick up snacks for him and his little brother but he never made it home because he was shot dead.

Although names on the police report have been blocked out, Ben Crump, the family’s lawyer, said that while Trayvon walked home, Neighborhood Watch Captain George Zimmerman placed a call to 911 to report a “suspicious person.” Taking matters into his own hands, the captain approached the teenager, and by the time police officers arrived, Trayvon was dead on the ground from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

Police have ignored the family’s request for a copy of the original 911 call, and they are fearful that officers might consider the killing self-defense, although as Crump points out, Trayvon was totally unarmed.

“What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles. A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad,” he said.

Today, the family is planning on issuing a call for George Zimmerman’s arrest at a news conference, saying race is the only factor that led to the killing of their son who was a junior in high school and planned to go to school to become a pilot.

Race is “the 600 pound elephant in the room,” the lawyer said. “Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid.”

It’s amazing that this man hasn’t been arrested already.

link to story is here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/family-of-trayvon-martin-_n_1332756.html

just read about it....guess the incident happened 2 weeks ago though....sad especially considering the fact his killer has yet to be arrested

Comments

• Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ this ? .

If a ? gunned down somebody who looked unfamiliar in the hood, they would have been had his ass in jail. Even if the person legitimately attacked him.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was that boys family in anyway, a hit would'e been put out on that ignorant ass ? . he wouldn't be able to leave his house, that's ? up. Can't leave justice int he hands of the PO-lice
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Lambent wrote: »
    lol @ this ? .

If a ? gunned down somebody who looked unfamiliar in the hood, they would have been had his ass in jail. Even if the person legitimately attacked him.

right....its crazy. lol

the shooter seen the boy, thought he looked suspicious (i.e. Black), called 911 to report his suspensions, the police asked him not approach the boy yet he proceeded to follow the victim ...now we have a dead 17 yr old boy who was unarmed by all accounts a good kid and had no criminal record... and his killer is still walking free... smdh

http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecute-the-murderer-of-17-year-old-trayvon-martin# here's a link to a petition to persecute his killer
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Options
    Dude needs to die
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not funny pico rivera. not funny.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    its 20212 and judges in mississippi are still trying to outlaw inter-racial marriage. birth control as a national political topic. voting rights vanishing everywhere... now this

wtf? seems like we as a country are going backwards...
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    “For some reason he felt that Trayvon, the way that he was walking or appeared seemed suspicious to him,” Lee said. “He called this in and at one part of this initial call [the dispatcher] recommends him not to follow Trayvon. A police officer is on the way at that point.”

Lee said that Zimmerman instead followed Martin.

“I believe that Mr. Zimmerman was trying to, by his account, find an address to give the officers and also trying to keep Trayvon in eyesight.”

Zimmerman told the police that Martin noticed that he was being followed and asked, “what’s your problem?”

That's when a physical confrontation ensued, Lee said. And moments later, Martin was shot.

Lee said that Zimmerman has a legal permit to carry the weapon used in the shooting, and that he told police that he shot Martin in self-defense.

“He felt the need to defend himself,” Lee said. “ I don’t think it was his intent to go and shoot somebody” that night.
    LOL @ The bolded.

That ? must've looked trill as ? .

When keeping it trill goes wrong.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    “For some reason he felt that Trayvon, the way that he was walking or appeared seemed suspicious to him,” Lee said. “He called this in and at one part of this initial call [the dispatcher] recommends him not to follow Trayvon. A police officer is on the way at that point.”

Lee said that Zimmerman instead followed Martin.

“I believe that Mr. Zimmerman was trying to, by his account, find an address to give the officers and also trying to keep Trayvon in eyesight.”

Zimmerman told the police that Martin noticed that he was being followed and asked, “what’s your problem?”

That's when a physical confrontation ensued, Lee said. And moments later, Martin was shot.

Lee said that Zimmerman has a legal permit to carry the weapon used in the shooting, and that he told police that he shot Martin in self-defense.

“He felt the need to defend himself,” Lee said. “ I don’t think it was his intent to go and shoot somebody” that night.
    LOL @ The bolded.

That ? must've looked trill as ? .

When keeping it trill goes wrong.

he must've been walking like this...

funny-gifs-freddys-gonna-fred.gif

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why does it seem like blacks are always a victim of some sorts. stay strapped for 2012 brehs
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to that lil kid.

I can't help but wonder why that guy who did the shooting ain't been arrested.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    those cops are scrambling their ass off looking for any type of criminal history on that kid to leak to the press. if he ever got busted shoplifting a kit-kat they're gonna make him look like o.j. before they even file charges against that cracka.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And the father hasn't done anything to the killer yet? ... SMH.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those cops are scrambling their ass off looking for any type of criminal history on that kid to leak to the press. if he ever got busted shoplifting a kit-kat they're gonna make him look like o.j. before they even file charges against that cracka.

^^^^ 100% truth
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judging by the picture the 17 year old didnt look that oposing so why did this loser zimmerman feel he needed to protect himself with a gun against a UNARMED kid and another thing the police told zimmerman not to follow the kid but he did anyway...this is some ? if he get off on a self defense case somebody need to shoot his ass....muthafucka.
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like pops is caked up money wise, if I were him I wudda gotten sum trill hitman goons 2 take dat ? out. Lay low 4 a few months den have them stage a car jack and put dat ? 2 sleep. ? the judicial system, dat ? aint never worked 2 the black mans favor, they r ther 2 cater 4 the white man's interest.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was this kids father I would be making a call to them Zoe Pound ? .
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slavery happened 400 hundred years ago...
    all u ? do is complain about the past...
    dont do crime and u can succeed in America...
    the white man is not out to get you...
    right? right?

What the ? does that have to do with the story??
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe they didnt have enough evidence to charge dude i mean he had a weapons permit n ? ...........innocent until proven guilty.........but it dude gets off free no jail time or anything thats some ?
  • Lambent
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This skinny little 5'7 black teen deserved to be shot, he assaulted that grown ass ? with a bag a skittles, and a can of Arizona tea son. You know how dangerous that stuff can be? He had no other option but to shoot him.
  • Lambent
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Lambent wrote: »
    This skinny little 5'7 black teen deserved to be shot, he assaulted that grown ass ? with a bag a skittles, and a can of Arizona tea son. You know how dangerous that stuff can be? He had no other option but to shoot him.

Let's entertain the though that this Trav kid actually did assault that man, lets thing about this.

1. You're walking back home at night all alone.

2. Some strange man starts to follow you in his car.

What do you do?

A. Continue to walk like nothing is going on.

B. Run or change direction.

C. Confront him and ask him whats up. < <<< Trav most likely picked this one, a reasonable choice, but it got him killed.

D. Other.
  • .American Loo
    .American Loo Members Posts: 303
    Options
    what a shame.

but i'd confront someone that was following me too.

he should do time.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was the dad I'd be planning my stay in prison. Zimmerman who?
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he black, he woulda ended up robbin someone one day

This aint no joke ? , I would back hand the ? outta you(on some "Purple Rain" ? ) if you said some ? like that to me in person.