In Hip Hop terms Jay-Z should be compared to: the MJ of rap or Kobe Bryant of Rap

Options
crakk.
crakk. Members Posts: 25
edited March 2012 in The Reason
In all around ability throughout his career who would you compare Hov to in a basketball sense.... The two best that co e to mind is Jordan and Kobe... He's been known to call hi self the MJ of rap which isn't arguablE... But do you say JayZ is more of a Kobe or Michael ?

Comments

• crakk.
    Options
    Spell chEck dammit!
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gee.... no one has ever made this claim before... Im astonished!
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Jordan retired and came back. So did Hov.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "When I come back Jordan, wearing the .45/ it ain't to play games with you/ it's to aim at you, probably maim you"
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unlike Jay-Z, Jordan wasnt scared of competition
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    unlike Jay-Z, Jordan wasnt scared of competition

Jay wasn't until ether came out.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    more like magic johnson

kanye like kobe same team better stats

pac is jordan
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does Kobe comes to mind TS?
    what simularites do find in JayZ and Kobe
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Options
    Bdk is the magic of rap
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Even though I think Nas is the GOAT... If the "perceptions" were to mirror rap artists in basketball terms...

Pac= MJ...
    People will forever love him, regardless of his faults or whether they were actually paying attention to him/ or even alive to pay attention to him...

Jay= Kobe...
    Will always get hated on regardless, even if he does have more rings in the end... not as many dickriders as Pac...

Biggie= Shaq...
    Big, Black, and Ugly as ever... Biggie's run was so short, there really isn't a basketball player to compare Biggie to... I would say though that this a good comparison HAD BIGGIE LIVED and put out more music...

Nas= Magic Johnson...
    Hard as ? , was the focal "point" of the "Golden Era" and, while in the conversation as GOAT to hip hop heads, gets no love from mainstream fans...

Eminem= Bird.
    This is not just cause they're both white. The parallels are incredible.
    Eminem's game is undeniable amongst the hip hop community (check all the top 5 interviews AHH does), just as Magic and others FEARED Bird in the league, yet because he is white, people laugh at his name when it is brought up amongst the other GOAT candidates (just as with Bird, even though his game was almost flawless).

Honorable Mention

LL Cool J= Julius Erving
    Almost everything we know and love about the game today started because of him, yet nobody gives a ? about this dude anymore and he gets almost no consideration for GOAT status... LoL...

Just my thoughts...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Pac = Bill Russell
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    Pac = ? Bias
    Rakim = Dr J
    Jay = MJ
    Nas = Kareem
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how the ? is pac jordan ? never even had enough time to ? up a hip hop record label by making terrible artists picks like mj and the bobcats
  • crakk.
    Options
    I
    Even though I think Nas is the GOAT... If the "perceptions" were to mirror rap artists in basketball terms...

Pac= MJ...
    People will forever love him, regardless of his faults or whether they were actually paying attention to him/ or even alive to pay attention to him...

Jay= Kobe...
    Will always get hated on regardless, even if he does have more rings in the end... not as many dickriders as Pac...

Biggie= Shaq...
    Big, Black, and Ugly as ever... Biggie's run was so short, there really isn't a basketball player to compare Biggie to... I would say though that this a good comparison HAD BIGGIE LIVED and put out more music...

Nas= Magic Johnson...
    Hard as ? , was the focal "point" of the "Golden Era" and, while in the conversation as GOAT to hip hop heads, gets no love from mainstream fans...

Eminem= Bird.
    This is not just cause they're both white. The parallels are incredible.
    Eminem's game is undeniable amongst the hip hop community (check all the top 5 interviews AHH does), just as Magic and others FEARED Bird in the league, yet because he is white, people laugh at his name when it is brought up amongst the other GOAT candidates (just as with Bird, even though his game was almost flawless).

Honorable Mention

LL Cool J= Julius Erving
    Almost everything we know and love about the game today started because of him, yet nobody gives a ? about this dude anymore and he gets almost no consideration for GOAT status... LoL...

Just my thoughts...

I like this.
  • Fairfax
    Fairfax Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    Pac is MJ, the greatest, nuff said.
    Big is Kobe, second greatest.
    Jay Z is Olajuwon, benefited greatly from circumstance, Pac/Big dying...MJ missing two seasons due to "retirement".
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay is Kobe. Like Kobe, he was in the shadows of greats in the 90's, but rose in status during the last decade and even bigger in the present day.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    If Mj the goat then its Jay
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay hitting that fadeaway in the finals on Bryon Russel get ya mind right