Complex just rated "Juicy" the best biggie track , WTF is up with that bull?

Options
2»

Comments

• JayEyeTheKing
    JayEyeTheKing Members Posts: 523
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    No profanity in thread titles bruh, they will ban you.

What the ? you gotsta be kidding me. What the hell happened to the IC , i didnt realize IC went through a pussification process during the upgrade.

Yeah they hired Drake as one of the mods bruh.. yaint know?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea thatss crazy..lol
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warning for me.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    someone must be a Biggie hater or something cuz damn near everyone who posted on here got a no sign wtf
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Juicy was always Biggie's wackest song to me...

Even AZ killed that "Juicy Fruit" sample better than Biggie did.

Kick in the Door, on the other hand, is ruthless ETHER.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Complex is commercial magazine publication

Plain and simple...just like The Source...

Nas said it best "Rich white kids read the source"

another commercial magazine in its heyday

The majority of readers of Complex wouldn't know tracks like "The What" or "Machine Gun Funk"

So it is what it is...
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Complex is commercial magazine publication

Plain and simple...just like The Source...

Nas said it best "Rich white kids read the source"

another commercial magazine in its heyday

The majority of readers of Complex wouldn't know tracks like "The What" or "Machine Gun Funk"

So it is what it is...

This is actually pretty damn interesting , it always seems like white folks do the bigger part when it comes to media,publications and stuff regarding black music kinda ironic how they buy most of the albums , how they read the magazines and whatever. This is what gives them the power to list our artists how they want and ? on their legacy.
  • MUDDYWATERZ
    MUDDYWATERZ Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    'your nobody till some........ ' for me.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It's not that "Juicy" is the 100% very best song but it's clearly one of his best songs. But out of all his song, "Juicy" is by far the most iconic. "Big Poppa, One More Chance Remix, Hypnotize, Mo Money" were all bigger pop hits by far and most fansknow those songs very well. But "Juicy" though it was only a Top 30 Hit, it's his Biggest hit cause he connected globally.

Yes, "Juicy" is Biggie's Biggest worldwide song, I was in Cancun Mexico one time and the whole crowd knew Juicy, I've been to Japan, everyone knows "Juicy" it's Biggie's signature song. To me it's a cop out when people say, "Juicy is Big's best" it makes me know they don't really know his catalog. Honestly, "Juicy" is a Top 10 Biggie song, probably Top 5 so it being #1 isn't bad. But if you a real Biggie fan, you know he went in even harder on tracks like "Who Shot Ya" and "Warning" than he did on "Juicy". "Juicy" is just a great record that's why I understand it gets the love it gets today. I also agree that "Sky's The Limit" should get more love than it does. Technically though It should of been called "Sky's The Limit: Juicy II" cause the song clearly acts as a sequel to "Juicy" with the theme.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kick in the Door, b.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? is up with all this juicy hate? you people are stupid that tune is a classic timeless masterpiece.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? is up with all this juicy hate? you people are stupid that tune is a classic timeless masterpiece.

Word. Been jammin that song like 10 time since last night. Straight up classic.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    its the song that even folks who arent fans of big rap out loud when it comes on
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay......"

His lyrics were so ? sharp and on to the point. One line that basically describes everything the song was about. Genius ? .
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well we don't know the criteria they were going for, so it's hard to say if they are right or wrong.