The Official 2012 NFL Offseason Free Agency/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manningham meeting with Dolphins

Mario leaving Buffalo without a deal

Going to lose Manningham....better give Cruz that money now and get it out the way.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? will go crazy once fantasy football starts up again
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    RGIII in the 2nd round
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manningham meeting with Dolphins

Mario leaving Buffalo without a deal

Mario is staying overnight and will be there for a 3rd straight day ...
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Green-Ellis (Dont want him) and Michael Bush suppose to visit the Bengals, Bush on Monday ........Please let us sign Michael Bush he'll step right in and be our starter and get 17-20+ carries easy ......Dont know why he's visiting the bears , Forte is a 3 down back, Bush wouldnt be anymore than a goal line vulture
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    word is calvin johnson ridin around town

bumpin

http://youtu.be/VdDkVKamw5M

gottdamn that ? gettin franchise QB bread....thats whats up though....you already know brees bout to use this as leverage
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Jags really gave Laurent Robinson $32 Mil , Wow
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Megatron won but the lions lost lol
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

explain
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we stuck with matt ? cassel
    I hate our organization
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vikes making power moves and picking John Carlson i see.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they need his speed desperately.....they had the slowest and worst WR core last year.....
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chiefs signed Peyton Hillis. If Jamaal Charles comes back healthy and Hillis doesn't retire or some dumb ? ... that's a great tandem. Now they just need a QB to get the ball downfield.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Datdude87 wrote: »

explain

How many teams have won a super bowl with a 100 million dollar player???? The Lions team vaule is only 780 mil and this isnt basketball its football
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    dont chiefs got Thomas Jones?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wrote:

Douglas Wants to Retire with the Falcons

Jay Adams
    Published March 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM

The free agency period was a strange one for wide receiver Harry Douglas, who agreed to terms on a new deal with the Falcons on Tuesday night. There was so much uncertainty, and a whole lot of people around him who were looking for it.

His phone would nearly blow up from all the calls, texts and tweets he received about his future. The questions hounded him.

What are you going to do? Where are you going? What are people saying?

After a while, he didn’t want to deal with it anymore.

“I just put my phones on silent and I just was relaxing,” Douglas said in a phone interview with AtlantaFalcons.com on Wednesday afternoon. “I was doing stuff on my own, and then people who I’m really, really close to or knew stuff about it, I would talk to them about it.”

Finally on Tuesday night, Douglas could turn his phones back on and accept all the congratulations and well-wishes on his new deal with Atlanta, a place that has always been home.

Douglas grew up here. His family is here. His friends are here. His home is here. All those factors made it a no-brainer when he was going through the negotiation process.

“I grew up watching the Falcons and me signing this contract now to come back, I made up my mind,” Douglas said. “I said, ‘I wouldn’t mind retiring one day just playing for one team.’

That all but settled it as the deciding factor.

Now, Douglas — who says he basically lives at the Falcons’ complex in Flowery Branch, Ga., he’s here training so much — can get past the distraction and uncertainty of free agency and focus on the season ahead and his future in his hometown.

“I feel good. It’s always a blessing to come back to the team that drafted you,” he said. “For me, it’s a blessing to be home. Atlanta’s my home and it feels like home. It’s just great to be back here.”

http://blog.atlantafalcons.com/jayadams/2012/03/14/douglas-wants-to-retire-with-the-falcons/

Looks like we got HD for the long haul. I ? with that.

Yessir. I'm kinda mad that Special-Weems is gone, but he had a lame year last year anyway (especially for a contract year). Wonder who will return kicks now.

HD is one of my faves 'cause he has that big play ability from anywhere on the field.

Our success next year on offense won't be based on whether we get the rock to Julio or Roddy (cause we're already doing that), but it'll be based on if the new OC can figure out how to use HD. He's the difference between us having a average O and a elite one.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chiefs signed Peyton Hillis. If Jamaal Charles comes back healthy and Hillis doesn't retire or some dumb ? ... that's a great tandem. Now they just need a QB to get the ball downfield.

Yeah that's a good signing. But The media is gonna try to create some lame nickname for duo
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I see all of these teams spending 40/120/132 ? million dollars on these receivers but their same fans ? on my Falcons for getting Julio Jones on a rookie contract.

Nice

yes-rudy1.gif

And I'm still waiting for somebody to name a valuable player cLEAVEland picked up with "all those picks". Meanwhile, Julio got 1,000 yards in 13 games.

....He just chopped off them strugglin' ass dreads too. lmao. ? dreads looked like a spider chillin' on a fade.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQiw7QognHGjfU6TL-cMB6VkIBDoybTpwxQXxLi8y_HOfYjjSVqA

• jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I see all of these teams spending 40/120/132 ? million dollars on these receivers but their same fans ? on my Falcons for getting Julio Jones on a rookie contract.

Nice

And I'm still waiting for somebody to name a valuable player cLEAVEland picked up with "all those picks". Meanwhile, Julio got 1,000 yards in 13 games.

....He just chopped off them strugglin' ass dreads too. lmao. ? dreads looked like a spider chillin' on a fade.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQiw7QognHGjfU6TL-cMB6VkIBDoybTpwxQXxLi8y_HOfYjjSVqA

When I come in here and say you ? know ? about football. It's not just a slick comeback you ? literally don't know ? . I don't give a ? if Julio got 1500 yards on a 2 dollar contract. That trade was dumb as ? . Julio no where close to being a bust but that trade was a Fail. Y'all came back even ? in the playoffs finding out the hard way. That those draft picks were vital in improving Atlanta's defense.

Green Bay kicks your defense's ? in one year in the playoffs. And Instead of improving your defense through the draft to stop Aaron Rodgers. The Falcons figure "? we just need to out score them". DUMB ? ! Lmao

We got two starters out of the deal already and we still have to use your FIRST rounder this year. I'm sure that's another starter.
    So you got Julio Jones: 54 rec 959 yrd (? said 1,000...smh thirsty!) Browns got WR Greg Little (Only started 11 games): 61 rec 709 and DT Phil Taylor (rookie started whole season on 5th ranked defense): 59 tack 4 sacks Phil Taylor got more tackles and sacks then both Falcon's starting DT's.......COMBINED!!!!

Lmao dumb ? !.....
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^Spit that pure unadulterated ETHER
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options

they need his speed desperately.....they had the slowest and worst WR core last year.....

pretty sure they still could have got Laurent Robinson and "His Speed" for far less than $32 Mil
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Datdude87 wrote: »

explain

How many teams have won a super bowl with a 100 million dollar player???? The Lions team vaule is only 780 mil and this isnt basketball its football

oh, well probably nobody...but that doesnt mean it'll never happen.

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cowboys got fined on some ? and still made boss moves....? goodell