Out of all the rappers out today who is most likely to release a classic album?

Options
2»

Comments

• gunot_killa
    gunot_killa Members Posts: 1,330
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    when ^^^ gonna get banned

Ban deez nuttz fucc boy.
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Nas
    The Roots
    Outkast
    Lupe
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People keep saying Cole, but im I the only one who think Cole ran outta material????
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    last true classic was tm 101... but outta ? now I will say (jus remembered scratch that lil boosie "incarcerated" is a classic so that was I think that was '10 when that came out)

I will say a classic hood album would be starlito or zed zilla..
  • Megatron Don
    Megatron Don Members Posts: 85
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Out of the "new" rappers -

Cole
    Big K.R.I.T.
    Kendrick Lamar
    Drake
    Jay Electronica
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    ^^^ they will get the "classic stamp " 4 a album off of internet hype and c/s... they was the class "2 bring hip hop back" so they will get ova rated...
  • Megatron Don
    Megatron Don Members Posts: 85
    Options
    ^^^ they will get the "classic stamp " 4 a album off of internet hype and c/s... they was the class "2 bring hip hop back" so they will get ova rated...

Those are all we have left to save hip-hop at the moment.

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kendrick.. and Cole.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick and Cole have potential to drop classics. Cole still hasn't said last word with his debut. Cole World was a fine album, but it was like 50% of his abilities.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    u ? gotta remember tho hip hop "don't wanna be saved" ? try n put dat stamp on the 1st ? with "substance" 2 come out every few years and it ain't been saved yet...

lupe...

kanye b4 him...

so and neither of them ? have... ? gotta jus accept the fact that hip hop will never be like it was in the 90's and 80's again... but honestly it shouldn't..
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ meek mill... he's just a not ? gucci mane.

lol
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u ? gotta remember tho hip hop "don't wanna be saved" ? try n put dat stamp on the 1st ? with "substance" 2 come out every few years and it ain't been saved yet...

lupe...

kanye b4 him...

so and neither of them ? have... ? gotta jus accept the fact that hip hop will never be like it was in the 90's and 80's again... but honestly it shouldn't..

its coming back around when guys like kendrick, j cole and wale start blowing up more ... and know telling whos coming up in the shadows ..... cats aint looking to go back to the 90s, 80 etc... just looking for more versitle music being played ... instead of ass ass ass aass ass and cash cash cash cash cash and dope dope dope dope dope dope ....
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seriously lol'd at the dude who said meek mill.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no lie.... i dont think classic albums are possible anymore, a few ppl in here already said y... but there have been a few classic mixtapes lately... seeing as this is the most popular format right now, y not? from the last few years i know for sure that Wiz khalifa's "kush and OJ" , Tyga's "Black Thoughts", Rick Ross' "Albert Anastasia", wacka flocka's "Salute me or Shoot me 3",and Soulja Boy's (i know i know he's wack) "Death Note" mixtapes are considered classic to me... its more, but those are my top 5 mixtapes from the last 3 years
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Sweet Dick Willie Members Posts: 273
    Options
    there's no way a classic album will me made, ? aren't the least bit original or innovative. A lot of these new school rappers are just rehashed versions of 90's rappers. The only way I could see an emcee dropping a classic album is if he came on to the scene unknown with reputable people cosigning him, all while making music that comes from them and not what they grew up on.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    The art of classic albums is dead.

Basically. Damn near every classic album ever has had some sort of unifying theme or structure. Every mainstream album released in the last decade for the most part has been a loose conglomerate of singles with a skit or two for the ? of it.

Labels don't give a ? about letting an artist experiment to possibly drop a classic gem.