Why the ? do people say "Congrats!!!" when a person is having a child out of wedlock?

Options

Comments

• CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    IF PEOPLE DID ATLEAST ATTEMPT TO DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY, THIS WOULD BE A MUCH EASIER WORLD 2 LIVE IN

That's real talk son, people now a days seem to completely give up on keeping traditional family values. Marriage, children living with both their parents seems like a outdated way of living now when it should always be like that. I know marriages are 50/50 now but you still gotta try before you just decide to not get married and have children.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood why people have babies when they know they don't have the proper resources to take care of that child..........and when I say proper resources I don't mean welfare and child support.
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont say congrats, PERIOD.

what is there to congrat?

congrats on goin raw?
    congrats on ? 'n?
    congrats on that accidental discharge?
    congrats on that broken condom?

? and gettin a nut in is not a difficult task. no congrats should be given for that.

congrats should only be given once your child is an adult who turned out well.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    IF PEOPLE DID ATLEAST ATTEMPT TO DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY, THIS WOULD BE A MUCH EASIER WORLD 2 LIVE IN

That's real talk son, people now a days seem to completely give up on keeping traditional family values. Marriage, children living with both their parents seems like a outdated way of living now when it should always be like that. I know marriages are 50/50 now but you still gotta try before you just decide to not get married and have children.

breakdown of the family unit.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dat1Dude7 wrote: »
    i dont say congrats, PERIOD.

what is there to congrat?

congrats on goin raw?
    congrats on ? 'n?
    congrats on that accidental discharge?
    congrats on that broken condom?

? and gettin a nut in is not a difficult task. no congrats should be given for that.

congrats should only be given once your child is an adult who turned out well.

Wooooooord.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Too much emphasis on the wedlock part and not enough placed on poor position to raise a child.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    depended on how they were conceived kids are either a "gift" or a "curse" i dont care what nobody say..

kids are not automatically a blessing.. jus because.. roaches have babies..

im jus sayin..
  • rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    Options
    people used to think that the proper steps were to date(get to know someone) then consider marriage then have a kid
    now its more like meet, have a child within that year breakup, repeat, maybe repeat again then look for someon to marry

Im beginning to think all blk people think like this. Have a child as a teenager, maybe two, with anyone even a homeless crackhead will do. then try to find someone to marry. we are doomed...

• rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Well marriage is BS but we've been brainwashed to think it's extremely special and it's a "sin" or "wrong" to do things outside of a marriage.

As for youngin's, I was 17 and my wife was 16 when we had our first and all is still good.

would you recommend doing what you and your "wife" did to others? or would you inform them of the errors of your ways?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    having a child is a natural blessing, on the other hand marriage isn't .....
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    Options
    All children are not blessings, look at some of your ? on here and on the streets.
  • unRealLady1
    unRealLady1 Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because ur someone who don't know what life is, therefore you don't celebrate it. U don't understand that people can die, so u can't understand why some people celebrate the fact they mutiply. life to most is a image, and they are trying to obtain a image of perfection that never existed. Life to some is SHORT.
  • Truerap
    Truerap Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Real Lady1 wrote: »
    because ur someone who don't know what life is, therefore you don't celebrate it. U don't understand that people can die, so u can't understand why some people celebrate the fact they mutiply. life to most is a image, and they are trying to obtain a image of perfection that never existed. Life to some is SHORT.

Why can't you post like this all the time?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rockets wrote: »
    people used to think that the proper steps were to date(get to know someone) then consider marriage then have a kid
    now its more like meet, have a child within that year breakup, repeat, maybe repeat again then look for someon to marry

Im beginning to think all blk people think like this. Have a child as a teenager, maybe two, with anyone even a homeless crackhead will do. then try to find someone to marry. we are doomed...

Yeah man. It's a cycle that needs to be broken.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No single man wants to marry a ? and take care of her sperm creations from another man.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Real Lady1 wrote: »

Thats assuming alot...
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only if I had a son I would want you to say congrats to me
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jus had this sort of convo wit my wife earlier today.
    a girl she used to babysit is 16 & pregnant.
    we're at the store and she gettin a gift for the baby shower.

im like, wtf, she gets a baby shower for being a strumpet?
    that dont make any sense. what message does that show to other girls and the girls younger than her?

be in the streets, go raw, have a baby, and get rewarded with gifts at party?

wtf
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS TOO REAL FOR THE I.C. This fuckery has been going on since the myspace days. ? is so ? up now that if anybody speaks up on this ? you get attacked. And why all these baby mamas always act like they got it together when 9 times out of 10 they don't. They always got all kinds of degrees, great jobs and they are always INDEPENDENT STRONG WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED A MANS HELP. YEAH ? RIGHT! I was born at night but it wasn't last night. lots of feelings will be caught in this thread.

congratulations.....................for bringing an innocent human being right into the middle of your ? and ? ups!!!!

bptf.jpg
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    Options
    This girl I've known since I was six is knocked up. The dude look like a herb, run of the mill shmuck. I said Congrats but what I really wanted to say was "Sorry".
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats, you're a statistic!
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »

^^^^ YEAH! this is insanity.....these children aren't blessings there pawns....when is this kind of mentality ever gonna end.??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnU6PT-3nGU&feature=related

lmao

that fat chick said clown ?

• Kimi
    Kimi Members Posts: 1,751
    edited March 2012
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS TOO REAL FOR THE I.C. This fuckery has been going on since the myspace days.

Puhlease!! Single Mother and Black Women bashing threads are some of the most prominent on this forum...lol
  • Will Munny
    Options
    It takes two people to make a baby so i have no idea why you think this a skngle mother or black women bashing thread
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol! Its like you're congratulating them for not being responsible enough wear a condom/bc. Lol