Black people dont care when we murder each other...

Options
zay_24
zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
It's obvious we only care when one of ours is murdered by anohter race to give a damn. But we never actually do anything to stop black on black crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0EEgy9_HDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60jXGIEcw5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Bk6Dd26FA

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I think the main point is, it's not often that Al Sharpton or the FBi are requested to get involved when ? shoot ? everyday...hell a ? got killed in a club in NE DC just this weekend...nobody want to rally about that ?
  • zay_24
    Options
    Well the police actually arrest black murderers, thats the thing..
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if the people doing the complaining that "we're not doing anything" are actually doing anything themselves...or are they sitting around waiting for "leaders" to come lead them to do something. If some ish isn't right, YOU do something about it.
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish I could give Jamel 10 ethers!!
  • zay_24
    Options
    you know why this thread and your ideology is ? ?

because when it's innocents we do care.
    when its the lil kid that took one cause a bullet passed thru the outside walls and took his lil ass out.
    we care.

when it's lil kids in a playground across the way from a drive by.
    we care.

we dont care about these dumb ? dying for the drug game.
    but when they ? the innocent ones, you damn right we care.

but i do hope you get shot in the rain by a crazed white man with a hero complex, and nobody gives a ? about it.

I was being sarcastic, hence me posting videos of black people from 3 different parts of the country trying to stop the violence. :/
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know why this thread and your ideology is ? ?

because when it's innocents we do care.
    when its the lil kid that took one cause a bullet passed thru the outside walls and took his lil ass out.
    we care.

when it's lil kids in a playground across the way from a drive by.
    we care.

we dont care about these dumb ? dying for the drug game.
    but when they ? the innocent ones, you damn right we care.

but i do hope you get shot in the rain by a crazed white man with a hero complex, and nobody gives a ? about it.

This right here............................
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    SMH @ No one noticing the videos in the opening post.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Press conferences never stops the violence.
    Word to the Detroit 300.

Word to the Detroit 150...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dude in the red cap in the 2nd video is the same dude from Training Day.....
  • zay_24
    Options
    The dude in the red cap in the 2nd video is the same dude from Training Day.....

Yup
    Bone from Athens Park Blood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h7I0ReeQWM
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they jus had a stop the violence rally in my city this weekend... so naw they care...
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether I gotta ask, what more do you think we should and could do about black on black violence?

Cuz I wont sit here and act like the ? isn't a problem mind you, but any solution I can think of is asking Black people to be extraordinary and do something no other race can or should be expected to do. And before you say "well Koreans/Chinese/Latinos/Arabs or whatever don't have as bad a problem with this as Blacks do" keep in mind our circumstances ARE COMPLETELY different than quite possibly any other race/ethnicity on the planet.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether I gotta ask, what more do you think we should and could do about black on black violence?

Cuz I wont sit here and act like the ? isn't a problem mind you, but any solution I can think of is asking Black people to be extraordinary and do something no other race can or should be expected to do. And before you say "well Koreans/Chinese/Latinos/Arabs or whatever don't have as bad a problem with this as Blacks do" keep in mind our circumstances ARE COMPLETELY different than quite possibly any other race/ethnicity on the planet.

Well first off we have to recognize that there's are major flaws in our mentality. We blame outsiders for what we do on the inside them want outsiders to fix it and if they don't we just say they don't care about us and leave the problems as is. There's no responsibility as a community. We think community center will stop the violence and other petty ? . We don't accept constructive criticism when ? is obviously not working. We have to stop claim all the negative ? as being part of our culture. We need to stop supporting, endorsing, encouraging those that destroy the communities. If they get locked up ? em. You new the justice system was ? up before you became a criminal. You chose that.

Snitch! ? Tell. Everyone. At the same time. Even if it's your kin. We have to start showing WE won't tolerate the ? anymore!

No rallies! No slogans! No press conferences! No fund raisers!

Bruh.....I stopped at the first 15 words.

No offense, but the older Ive gotten, the more I realize that individual introspection is damn near a gift. And even more rarer is the ability to exercise WILL to actually better yourself. To ask that of a group, much less individuals, is damn near impossible.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I cosign this thread
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    are white dudes posing as black IC members trying to give a proposed thought process to black folks of the IC?

Because some of the ? yall be saying on how to alleviate the problem sounds too damn coonish or Uncle Tomish to be even accepted as a valid point. "Stop blaming everyone else" ? or Crackas say that ? ...

Malcolm X would slap you house negros...and you white boys posing black on here
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been highly speculated that ether-i-am is a non-Black...

Anyway, bottom line: Black people care about Black-on-Black crime, but the history of racial bigotry and violence against Blacks by Whites, not just in the U.S. but worldwide, still touches a nerve like nothing else. Now, let's flip the script: Let's say that some Black vigilante had shot some unarmed 17 year old White boy and then tried to claim it was self defense. Do you think this Black man would still be walking the streets? If a Black cop woulda shot an unarmed White man in the back, who was laying facedown, like what occurred in Oakland a few years ago (Oscar Grant), do you think that Black cop woulda been allowed to resign and move to a different state before he was finally arrested and charged? And then receive only a 2 year sentence? This is what infuriates Black folks the most, because this has been going on for over 500 years. But, ether-i-am and other children who share his views don't quite comprehend this. But, maybe there is still hope for these types of individuals.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been highly speculated that ether-i-am is a non-Black...

Anyway, bottom line: Black people care about Black-on-Black crime, but the history of racial bigotry and violence against Blacks by Whites, not just in the U.S. but worldwide, still touches a nerve like nothing else. Now, let's flip the script: Let's say that some Black vigilante had shot some unarmed 17 year old White boy and then tried to claim it was self defense. Do you think this Black man would still be walking the streets? If a Black cop woulda shot an unarmed White man in the back, who was laying facedown, like what occurred in Oakland a few years ago (Oscar Grant), do you think that Black cop woulda been allowed to resign and move to a different state before he was finally arrested and charged? And then receive only a 2 year sentence? This is what infuriates Black folks the most, because this has been going on for over 500 years. But, ether-i-am and other children who share his views don't quite comprehend this. But, maybe there is still hope for these types of individuals.

And inbetween every incident you name how many blacks have been killed by blacks?
    You don't care about that?
    500 years later should the black community be the way it is after all the Black men and women did to make things better?
    Are you happy with what you see within Black communities across America?
    This is what I'm say and pointing out. You cats get so emotional and defensive you can't see what's being said.
    There is no rule or law that says because of the injustices that happen in the past means you must ? each other today. Because of the past don't you think we should have a little more respect for each other than expecting that respect from another?

Focus. Read. Comprehend. I'll try to make this as plain & simple as possible. The first statement in my previous post (after pointing out the fact that you may not be Black) clearly stated that "BLACK PEOPLE CARE ABOUT BLACK-ON-BLACK CRIME"... Again, FOCUS. I'm not talking about injustices of the distant past... Did you understand ANYTHING I posted?? I'm talking about a crime that was perpetrated in Florida only 3 weeks ago... Not 500 years. My point is that these type of racial injustices have been going on for centuries and THAT is why it cuts so deep in our community. Should / could Blacks show more concern for the welfare of their communities? Of course. But, when the threadstarter claims that "BLACK PEOPLE DON'T CARE WHEN WE MURDER EACH OTHER", I hafta SMH and wonder if this is a shock thread, sarcasm or just plain ignorance. Now, was that clear enough for you, or do you need an interpreter?
  • zay_24
    Options
    That second vid was ? . It was comedy. Crips and bloods talking about justice. Lol
    Okay. Those two groups are responsible for killing more black people than the kkk.

They ? other thugs. Like dude said earlier we can give a damn if a murderer is killed, and that's who they were killing.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yep...just attended a stop the violence rally ... so yea black people are obviously ok with black/black crime...

Well first off we have to recognize that there's are major flaws in our mentality. We blame outsiders for what we do on the inside them want outsiders to fix it and if they don't we just say they don't care about us and leave the problems as is. There's no responsibility as a community. We think community center will stop the violence and other petty ? . We don't accept constructive criticism when ? is obviously not working. We have to stop claim all the negative ? as being part of our culture. We need to stop supporting, endorsing, encouraging those that destroy the communities. If they get locked up ? em. You new the justice system was ? up before you became a criminal. You chose that.

Snitch! ? Tell. Everyone. At the same time. Even if it's your kin. We have to start showing WE won't tolerate the ? anymore!

No rallies! No slogans! No press conferences! No fund raisers!

self accountability is important but its not that easy. lol... unless you totally wanna ignore the past 600 yrs of american history...you know how systematically blacks have been ? of our heritage, freewill, rights and self worth

your right about one thing though, rallies and slogans can only do so much

what we really need to do is demand education reform from local and federal officials, because ignorance breeds poverty and crime ... we need to demand accountability and harsher penalties for perpetrators of police brutality, because police brutality begets more police brutality and fuels distrust between citizens/police force...we need to reform are drug policies which disproportionately targets minorities and perpetuates gang warfare... we need to demand that banks who commit predatory lending practices, that have disproportionately target blacks, to be prosecuted by the full extent of the law...

changing our mentality first, does not address the root of our problems bruh... since we were freed no matter how hard people have tried, “getting it together” as a people has never happened because of the system... sounds like a losing battle, but until there is change the cycle of disadvantage, poverty and crime within the black community will continue to repeat itself.