Melanie Fiona & Diggy Simmons Sale projections

Options
2»

Comments

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    isn't that like her third straight flop......melanie is a good singer but has no appeal at all.....
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    2 late night shows and a show for teeny boppers is not good marketing . Why don't they just throw her on a disney channel show for good measure .

? Melanie Fiona is a B level artist popularity wise, you think she is gonna get Rollingstone magazine, Good Morning America performance,etc press. lmfao This ? is gonna be delegated to black mags and shows, if you're name ain't Beyonce, Rihanna, or Nicki Minaj you ain't getting ? .

That means artist like Estelle, Melanie Fiona, Marsha Amrobosius, Kelly Rowland, Keri Hilson,etc are relegated to second class treatment.

well has she been interviewed on the michael baysden radio show, or tom joyner , or russ par, etc. those are the places you promote someone who makes that type of music. The adult contemporary r&b radio stations, get a vibe feature article, king magazine spread that sort of stuff . She sexy get her some attention plus is on an indie label and she is managed by roc nation so now it makes sense why her marketing is ? . She doesn't even have a review on this site for her album in the alternatives section of this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGpBvYqNs5g&list=UUkE3L-7ZGzfO6yDcQRWFKeQ&index=3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDxL79Kozdc&feature=relmfu
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Damn those numbers are terrible. It's a shame too because Melanie Fiona is talented. The days of pure R&B are over. The Dream was talking about this the other day. Melanie Fiona would of had a good chance to succeed in the 90s when R&B sales was at its peak. Kinda of shocked Diggy flopped that bad too. Thought his fanbase to bigger than that.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn those numbers are terrible. It's a shame too because Melanie Fiona is talented. The days of pure R&B are over. The Dream was talking about this the other day. Melanie Fiona would of had a good chance to succeed in the 90s when R&B sales was at its peak. Kinda of shocked Diggy flopped that bad too. Thought his fanbase to bigger than that.

i think the era of being a lil bow wow artist is over which is why diggy is going to flop. now kids are listening more to the lil waynes that market a false sense of maturity to middle school and high school suburban kids. Back in the day all the kids ? with lil romeo and bow wow.

This era of kids from the hood like "? that spoiled ass ? diggy he corny as ? put on that rick ross ? !" and the suburban kids wanna feel tough but hip so they all in that young money ? money bandwagon and other swag rappers over a kid rapper like diggy.

• PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why release a album if it not going to sell that good
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ok lets not overrate her now....she's average at best compared to 90's artist...you still needed appeal to make it in the 90's
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »

ok lets not overrate her now....she's average at best compared to 90's artist...you still needed appeal to make it in the 90's

shes average compared to what 90s artists ?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melanie's numbers aren't bad for an indie artist. She's also an International artist too, so that's a win in my book.
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Damn I hope her joint picks up but rihanna and B got the female lane on smash estelle doin her tho

I agree but Estelle caught a brick like 3 wks ago. I feel to sell nowadays ur cd has to B ATLEAST solid if not CLASSIC & dat machine has to B behind U. But there R exceptions i.e. Mac Miller. Roots latest cd was critically acclaimed but I feel Def Jam doesnt know how to market them. I also think dats Y Nas & D Jam R rolling his new cd out gradually to allow a build-up of some sort. Lastly,factor N da significant unemployment rate & U have a slumped out music biz
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    They don't know how to properly market these artists that what it comes down to. What PR has Melanie Fiona done?

She is marketed dude. She was on Jimmy Kimmel about 2 weeks ago, 106 and park yesterday and Monday, and Jimmy Fallon last night. People know her album is out, the r and b fanbase ain't going out to support her, same ? for artist like Estelle and Marsha Ambrosious

I think Marsha A is slowly but surely catching on. If her next project is what its supposed to B she might pop. Same for Keri Hilson. They're both right there on da brink
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    damn@ them flopz regardless tho melanie is a straight 9 piece..
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout ouit to Diggy, he still has his whole life ahead of hm....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im late to the party like ? on how sexy fiona is
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ Diggy looking like a mini Drake on his album cover.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got a 9 year old who loves diggy i haven't seen once commercial on Nickelodeon nick jr or anything that most kids watch. they dropping the ball with him i didn't even know the ? dropped.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Melanie..i guess it's time to up your throat game. She has that "sucking-your-? -while-smiling-and-looking-in-your-eyes" look.
  • LV_Don
    LV_Don Members Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In other news Odd Future pushed 35-40k first week -_-