Could of sworn Shyne didnt come out till 2000
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is a classic tho, but not because of snoops lyrical ability
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    personally for me it was mc eiht boy i loved some ? back in the 90's but when you go back and listen now eiht mic skills were some ? . beats still bang though
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P

He got over because someone needed to fill that void when BIG and Pac died. He was annointed by default because he rapped that street/drug ? , just like BIG and Pac. His hard hitting tracks got him over, but his lyrics were simplistic and mundane.

Some may say he was never overrated, but for someone who made as much money as he did out of the music game, and for him to be a trash ass rapper, someone had to support him and overrate him.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Commercial rapper #1

SMH @ y'all naming mostly legends
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    Biggie and Tupac
    Yes Pac was very overrated but that fool didn't get any respect until after his death.

• stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Master P

He got over because someone needed to fill that void when BIG and Pac died. He was annointed by default because he rapped that street/drug ? , just like BIG and Pac. His hard hitting tracks got him over, but his lyrics were simplistic and mundane.

Some may say he was never overrated, but for someone who made as much money as he did out of the music game, and for him to be a trash ass rapper, someone had to support him and overrate him.

yeah master p takes the cake. dude was asscheeks on the mic, he said some real ? but his flow was terrible
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P's metaphors never made sense. people used to be bangin his ? tho, P would say some ? like "choppin up green like, muthafuckin spaghetti"... I don't know maybe some people eat they ? chopped.
  • Chevy P-Town
    Chevy P-Town Members Posts: 12
    Options
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    Biggie and Tupac
    Yes Pac was very overrated but that fool didn't get any respect until after his death.

yea because Tupac wasn't the hottest rapper from 94-96 ...

i don't get how tupac was overrated when ? like P, DMX, JA, Em and 50 sold millions jacking him....

? is like 150 million between these 5 ?
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac but he is one of the greatest though.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ? acting like Tupac and Biggie is soo untouchable. Listen dude, I like both them artists and a lot of ? can agree...
    but since y'all real hip-hop heads, you gotta be technical and rational about this... them ? are two compeletly different artists that influenced the masses in two different ways. Tupac from a technical standpoint is not the best rapper. He's very influential and uses emotion to convey a message that feeds the minds of those who wants to change humanity for the better, he was basically a Chuck D that was willingly to do more than fight the power and you can feel it in his music...

Big on the other hand was more lyrical, this ? had more lyrical ability than Tupac did. Biggie is the type of rapper that you wanted to hear some witty metaphors, lyrical dexterity with a easy going flow that puts him in that category of great because he was the best doing it at that time. That ? put the definition of lyricism in his tracks. Plus he made more party friendly tracks and ? .

? overrate them as if Biggie did what Tupac did, and Tupac can also do what Biggie did. Them ? is legends, yes..
    nobody is takin that title away from them because they solidified for themselves. ? act like Tupac never had any flaws in his abilities of being a rapper, and that biggie did everything, rapped about everything and had the same amount of influence that Tupac had. Nah B.

them two rappers are the most overrated dog, Count how many times ? had Pac and Biggie in their top 10...
    I ain't saying that's not wrong doe, but if ? can say their great and leave them in the legend zone.. then their
    top ten would have rappers that probably deserve props.

then rappers we already know that are legendary.
  • Dadon850
    Dadon850 Members Posts: 24
    Options
    Can't believe how many of you are saying Pac was overrated. Pac was a gangsta/concious rapper. Listen to Unconditional Love or The Good Die Young and tell me how many artists could make songs like that. Then play Until the end of Time, the entire Me Against the World album, 2Pacalypse, etc..Dude was not overrated. Pac actually cared about social situations and rapped about them. Something cats now should take notes.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta go with Pac,
  • bigryde
    bigryde Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Options
    I will have to say Tupac also! His first two albums was great then...... And Method Man rapping solo!!
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta say Eminem or Ja Rule

Even though Em was a raw lyricist, his albums sold millions even if they were garbage. Suburban white kids swearing he was the greatest ever even if his songs were corny.

I say Ja b/c dude was selling millions making those terrible love songs. I liked Ja Rule more after he went at 50 Cent than I did while he was on top
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im going with 2pac, Method Man, Redman, Raekwon
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeru

I'm sorry but just another average ass ? DJ Premier made sound great. I mean i bet mfs can't name a Jeru album outside of the Premo ones (The Sun Rises and Wrath of the Math).
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Big Pun

before you neg rep, look at his subject matter. There isn't a whole lot of diversity.

Ironic considering his Debut had all the topics a MC can touch on...
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    Options
    No Limit, Cash Money
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all of them
    every last 1 of them
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm going to say Wu-tang Clan and I'm saying this as a huge fan.

The problem was there were 9 main members and about 100 associate members and a lot of garbage music to sift through. It is easy in 2012 to only remember the classics but a lot of the production sounds dated or just plain wack now.

You think I'm crazy? Go listen to U-? 's first solo album or almost anything post- Forever (double cd)...

And by stating this opinion some white skateboarder with a Wu tattoo on his neck is probably going to break into my house and cut me with his "Shaolin sword" he bought off Ebay.

• nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You're a fool if you don't say Big L
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Big Pun

before you neg rep, look at his subject matter. There isn't a whole lot of diversity.

Ironic considering his Debut had all the topics a MC can touch on...

Your every posts seems a bit hypersensitive...

Hell I agree that one of my favorites is overrated if you let the fanatics tell it pac could walk on water heal the sick sick move mountains with his voice and was about to make the government crumble from his mere existance. That said no one is beyond reproach and could pac have made serious impacts? yes of course he could have. Was he is the new mesiah? I Highly doubt it...