Curren$y suing Dame Dash for dropping albums without permission.

Options
2»

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No sign all yall want but the ? is true
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Sweet Dick Willie Members Posts: 273
    Options
    XXLMag.com: What exactly is your situation with Dame? Is there a contract involved?

Curren$y: Honestly, I don’t know outside of me how the business is run, as far as DD172, but [with] me and dude, there is no physical, no black or white, nothing on no paper. It’s just understood, nothing had to be said, so it’s been all good. That’s the same situation I tried to have anywhere I was. It’s never been no confusion, I always wanted to be on the real ? standards: If I ? with you, I ? with you. So we got that understanding. I have companies, he has companies and I gave him percentages and ? . Like I got Jets International, I got this line I’m about to do with New Era and ? and he got like 10 percent of that ? . It’s just some homeboy ? . It’s crazy because it’s like I known him forever, but I haven’t. I’ve only known him for exactly how long you’ve seen me around him. But it’s just like it was understood. We both been through a zillion ? ’ bumps and bruises in this game. At this point, it’s like ? that ? , we just hustlin’.

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2010/03/curreny-my-sophomore-year/comment-page-2/

The fact he didn't have anything on paper I doubt he'll win. Maybe now he'll stop attending business meetings highed up.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was staged by Warner Music Group Wiz and Currensy have been signed with them from the get go .

Wiz is signed to Atlantic. He was dropped from Warner.

what were the two currensy albums he's dropped though? I know he dropped MCC but what was the other?

Weekend at Burnie's.

is that an album? and I thought Spitta had released that himself?

Kinda his own fault though if they didn't have anything in writing though
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spitta was high and Dame took his cookies
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Spitta was high and Dame took his cookies

LOL
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    spitta bout to come up on a quick millie. he should use that to sign big krit.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was staged by Warner Music Group Wiz and Currensy have been signed with them from the get go .

what were the two currensy albums he's dropped though? I know he dropped MCC but what was the other?

Weekend at Burnie's.

is that an album? and I thought Spitta had released that himself?

Kinda his own fault though if they didn't have anything in writing though

I'm pretty sure it was a Warner Bros. release. I remember the promotion when it came out, Wikipedia matches it too.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a mill to buy krit out of his def jam contract?
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Options

That would be dope, but honestly what could Spitta do for K.R.I.T. at this point that Def Jam hasn't already done?

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Weekend at Burnie's.
    WAB came out in 2011...

the only 2 albums that was dropped in 2010 by spitta was pilot talk 1 & 2

• 3rd_Time_Charm
    3rd_Time_Charm Members Posts: 4
    Options
    That's crazy. Spitta just recently became one of my favorite rappers and and I rock with Dame.
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options

oh damn krit is signed to def jam. idk why i thought he was on dd172..
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    mayne Spitta didn't say ? when those albums dropped, he supported those album and tellin everybody to cop them. All of sudden he have Cohen and Llies getting in his ear, the same ones who was in cahoots with jay-Z and backstabbed Dame.
    and they still ? with Dame because Dame aint no bootlicker, Spitta should know better ? than that.

bingo #lyor thats what i was thinking ... and forgot liles is over there too lol ... now it all makes sense ... spitta might have something to do with it too but im sure those two gotta be quater backing it from a labels perspective ...... Spitta = thier property ............... ;)

damn sucks for dame tho 1.5 mill ??? smh
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

who is dd172??

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'll co sign this one

it's either that or currency is doing some sucker ?

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

who is dd172??

Dame's label and brand.

http://www.dd172newyork.com/blog/

• c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    mayne Spitta didn't say ? when those albums dropped, he supported those album and tellin everybody to cop them. All of sudden he have Cohen and Llies getting in his ear, the same ones who was in cahoots with jay-Z and backstabbed Dame.
    and they still ? with Dame because Dame aint no bootlicker, Spitta should know better ? than that.

That is true though, I wonder why Curren$y waited til now to say anything. Seems like he was buddy buddy with Dame and now he wants to sue.

Why didn't he say anything after PT1 dropped?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

i'll co sign this one

They played dame from jump, and they figure since he ain't got the money to fight in court he gon settle and give currensy(wmg) the rights to Pilot Talk 1 & 2, MMC and any other unreleased material .
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Options
    ^^^^ which at the end of the day that's what it's about, them masters
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

i'll co sign this one

They played dame from jump, and they figure since he ain't got the money to fight in court he gon settle and give currensy(wmg) the rights to Pilot Talk 1 & 2, MMC and any other unreleased material .

that sounds about right. record execs are ruthless.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Curren$y's going to take money from Dame Dash.

I guess Dame did make another Hov.
    jay-z-skratt.jpg