Who's the 90's most overrated rappers??

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign BIG L too, dude drop a mediocre debut and died then all of a sudden he is a legend. Like he wouldn't be Joe Budden status at worst or Jadakiss status at best.

As for his style, he basically took Lord Finesse style and ran with it.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Big Pun

before you neg rep, look at his subject matter. There isn't a whole lot of diversity.

Ironic considering his Debut had all the topics a MC can touch on...

Your every posts seems a bit hypersensitive...

Hell I agree that one of my favorites is overrated if you let the fanatics tell it pac could walk on water heal the sick sick move mountains with his voice and was about to make the government crumble from his mere existance. That said no one is beyond reproach and could pac have made serious impacts? yes of course he could have. Was he is the new mesiah? I Highly doubt it...

He was referring to Pun though...
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i would never imagine ? would say Big L, Pun, Wu-Tang and ? ....

most of these guys be overrated because people overhype em'
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I have to say Big L

He was basically just a rapping ass ?
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Pun

before you neg rep, look at his subject matter. There isn't a whole lot of diversity.

Hell I agree that one of my favorites is overrated if you let the fanatics tell it pac could walk on water heal the sick sick move mountains with his voice and was about to make the government crumble from his mere existance. That said no one is beyond reproach and could pac have made serious impacts? yes of course he could have. Was he is the new mesiah? I Highly doubt it...

I thought he was talking about Big Pun...???
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Big Pun

LMFBAO I know he was talking about Big Pun I was using a comparative example meaning I get that Pun is one of his favorites(not one of mine to each there own)thus the reasonfor such a adamant defense, I used an example of one of my favorites Pac who is also overrated. Point of it being you can be a fan and be objective and realistic acknowledging weak points faults and overrating with out getting hypersensitive...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Big Pun

LMFBAO I know he was talking about Big Pun I was using a comparative example meaning I get that Pun is one of his favorites(not one of mine to each there own)thus the reasonfor such a adamant defense, I used an example of one of my favorites Pac who is also overrated. Point of it being you can be a fan and be objective and realistic acknowledging weak points faults and overrating with out getting hypersensitive...

Oh aight, yea I get you
  • Puff-A-Lot
    Puff-A-Lot Members Posts: 143
    Options
    biggie

? yall its a matter of taste
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dadon850
    Dadon850 Members Posts: 24
    Options
    Jadakiss dude?? Jadakiss is severely UNDERRATED!!
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    idk if its been said but coolio.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options

How and by Who is coolio overrated???

• yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    dadon850 wrote: »

I am tired of debating this with people who never have anything of value to say. Unless you can explain why he is anything except mediocre, I am not concerned with your retort. Thank you my kind sir.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options

The homie ? one of his daughters. He was on an episode of their show. Lmmfao.

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That man beat out two TLC (waterfalls, creep) songs for the song of the year grammy lol over rated indeed.

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Are ? seriously sayin Big L? If anything, he was underrated.
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options

lol true true. we dont talk about him anymore but in 96 he won a grammy for ganstas paradise. its undeniably a classic hip hop track but in the same way tootsee roll is lol
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly! I still find it hard to believe that some people still don't know who Big L is. He is one of the greatest rappers of all time.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    That man beat out two TLC (waterfalls, creep) songs for the song of the year grammy lol over rated indeed.

lol true true. we dont talk about him anymore but in 96 he won a grammy for ganstas paradise. its undeniably a classic hip hop track but in the same way tootsee roll is lol

Come on gangstas paradise is comparable to tootsie roll??? It was an amazing song at the time very potent and rightfully won the grammy. But he became stagnant at that point he reached a pinacle and never matched or came close to it again, noone I have ever heard of rated him a top tier rapper just acknowledged he put together a dope song(He did have a couple of smaller bangers before that)...
  • Dadon850
    Dadon850 Members Posts: 24
    Options
    dadon850 wrote: »

I am tired of debating this with people who never have anything of value to say. Unless you can explain why he is anything except mediocre, I am not concerned with your retort. Thank you my kind sir.

Well if you don't explain why he is mediocre, how is it possible that I can give you my retort?? Tell me why you feel he is overrated and I will tell you why I think you are wrong.

• ETB
    ETB Members Posts: 17
    Options
    gotta say shine i never got how people jumped on the bandwagon with that dude...snoop after ? , capone and nore i only listened to the war report for the tracks cause they were not saying ? !Even when the Lox AND X first came out i couldnt get with the hype..especially with dudes like PUN killing em with storytelling song writing ability wordplay style etc..They grew on me with time The Lox improved A LOT (although pretty boring at this point) and X does him
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

underrated my ? ass, what did he do to be rated? Dude ain't even on O.C. level who has made way better albums period and i don't hear anyone calling O.C. a legend.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

underrated my ? ass, what did he do to be rated? Dude ain't even on O.C. level who has made way better albums period and i don't hear anyone calling O.C. a legend.

U just mad cuz L ? on ur boo boo on this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYfKMIdoJL0

Stop frontin. L was nice. Even ur ? would tell you that L was a monster.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Probably Tupac oh yeah and Kool G Rap Jr.(Big Pun)