Is Eminem the biggest fall off in rap history skill wise?

Options
2»

Comments

• Fairfax
    Fairfax Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    Snoop is the biggest to fall off skill wise, debut classic album and each album released after that has been garbage and each new album is worst than the one before it.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys are trippin...

Recovery was damn good, and if Eminem fell off, then why is the IC talkin about Relapse like it was a gold standard in technical skill???

Sometimes the IC makes ZERO sense... If Eminem fell off, then where was this talk when Recovery dropped?

The only ? I ever hear from people is "I just can't relate to his stuff" (which is a stupid argument; save that for another thread), and that's fine, but to say he fell off, you must be crazy...

I swear the title says "skill" and not "? I can relate to" (which again is ? ), so please name some rappers that "skill-wise" are better than Em besides Jay and Nas...

Next I'm gonna see threads saying Kanye and Ross would murk Em on a track... y'all are killing me lol...

Not a lot of ppl were feeling Recovery on this forum....and who are you to tell people who they relate too

I'm not telling people what to relate to... I'm saying the whole "I can't relate to Eminem" is just a weird justification people use because, to be honest, we can't relate to what 90% of rappers are talking about on records.

But ironically, what Eminem talks about on his serious records is ? most of us CAN relate to, yet he gets singled out for the "weird ? " when there are other rappers who rap about weird ? but don't catch nearly as much flak... That's all I'm saying...

No other mainstream rapper has songs were he sexually assualts his own mother or inserts Gerbils up his ass.

No other mainstream rapper is dressing up as a woman and getting Tea-bagged on T.V.

mopst people dont relate to that ? /? /weirdo/? -matricide rhymes from bleached-blonde junkies who beef with POP stars and have racist tapes in their background.....way to many other rappers to listen to.

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The wigga just got sober and saw life in a different way????

The more people talk about him and the more they discredit him I think you really are......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I agree with the DMX mention
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I done said recovery was ? when it dropped and no rapper gets as much props for mediocre work as Eminem.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em is one of the best and will spit some ? that will tear most rappers face off rt now today.Stop it
  • sonsofscotland
    sonsofscotland Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options
    He was one of the best at his peak, after Devils Night I started to care less about his content, maybe he grew up, maybe I grew up... but he used to be in my top ten, not now, not near. Also agree with Snoop comments, he fell off just as hard. DMX kinda lost track in life, but music-wise he's still dope.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talking Skill Wise....and no one mentiioned Jay-z.....
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    lol@ da thread title cuz no matter how wack da cracka is hez still gonna sell recordz cuz he said his WHITE SKIN got him shittin on da blk rapperz sell wize n blk musik & he aint have 2 graduate from LINCOLN highskool lol...imean yeah feminem can rap but if he was BLK rappin da ? he does now he would not b da highest sellin artist n HIPHOP & he would b doin BIZZARE numberz & most likely end up like PROOF fa rappin like a white boy!