The Official 2011-2012 European Football Thread.

Options

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did I tell you United fans? One week ago, yall were gassed up, oh we're leading the league. CITY is leading the league again (albeit on goal differential) but we leading again.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    TnT lost 7-1 against Mexico, damn..

Smh. This new crop of players is garbage. Its a wrap.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gunners gunning for 3rd place. When they on there game, teams can't run with them.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did I tell you United fans? One week ago, yall were gassed up, oh we're leading the league. CITY is leading the league again (albeit on goal differential) but we leading again.

Man Ure have a game in hand though.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • northside7
    Options
    Inter Milan are really mediocre this season, they might not even finish in the top 10.

• Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    damnit mayneeeeee we got trashed by Ajax, 2-0, top of the table is out of reach for now

anyway I'm hoping Chelsea's new coach will be Louis Van Gaal, he is jobless right now and dude is straight up comedy(an arrogant ? , but I can guarantee you, Chelsea will win the leagueope under him)....Frank Rijkaard might also be a contendor cause he ? up at S. Arabia(aren't makin the WC Brazil 2014) but I'm hoping he comes to PSV next season...

gonna check out Man U vs. Fullham later on, rootin for Fullham like a ? , I really can't stand another mediocre Man United team(yeah I said, Man United sucks lol) winning the prem again

lol at Arsenal in 3rd place btw.....how is that even possible? I thought the prem was the toughest league in the world (shot fired once again)

• northside7
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    damnit mayneeeeee we got trashed by Ajax, 2-0, top of the table is out of reach for now

anyway I'm hoping Chelsea's new coach will be Louis Van Gaal, he is jobless right now and dude is straight up comedy(an arrogant ? , but I can guarantee you, Chelsea will win the leagueope under him)....Frank Rijkaard might also be a contendor cause he ? up at S. Arabia(aren't makin the WC Brazil 2014) but I'm hoping he comes to PSV next season...

gonna check out Man U vs. Fullham later on, rootin for Fullham like a ? , I really can't stand another mediocre Man United team(yeah I said, Man United sucks lol) winning the prem again

lol at Arsenal in 3rd place btw.....how is that even possible? I thought the prem was the toughest league in the world (shot fired once again)

It is...
  • Alkindus
    Options

It is...

non sense, hell Atletico Bilbao would probably finish top of the league in the prem with ease

if Barca and Real were in the prem, most of the teams probably wouldn't even play matches against them, they would just take the mandatory L give up the 3 points and keep it moving, prem would be mad boring with those two titans in there.

?m=02&d=20071204&t=2&i=2367750&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=460&pl=300&r=2007-12-04T011126Z_01_L30543794_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is...

non sense, hell Atletico Bilbao would probably finish top of the league in the prem with ease

if Barca and Real were in the prem, most of the teams probably wouldn't even play matches against them, they would just take the mandatory L give up the 3 points and keep it moving, prem would be mad boring with those two titans in there.

?m=02&d=20071204&t=2&i=2367750&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=460&pl=300&r=2007-12-04T011126Z_01_L30543794_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0

C'mon man...Makin' comments like that will lead me to believe that you're not a football guy...The Prem's been dominatin' the Champion's League for 7 years now...Valenca in 3rd are closer to the bottom than they are to the top of La Liga...that is very weak
  • northside7
    Options

It is...

I know this guy isnt serious.

Hit this and come back to reality..
    tumblr_m1fd7aHJJv1qj0cw0o1_500.gif
  • northside7
    Options
    Redknapp confident of toppling Arsenal
    Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp remains certain that his side will finish above Arsenal in the Premier League this season, admitting that failing to qualify for the Champions League would 'hit him for six'.

Spurs' European aspirations have been dented in recent weeks, with a poor run of results seeing their north London rivals overhaul them to move into third in the table.

After claiming a draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, Redknapp's side still enjoy a five-point lead over both the Blues and Newcastle in the race for the final Champions League spot, although the manager admits he is still desperate to finish above Arsenal.

Yet, having been on the fringes of title contention until recently, Redknapp concedes that failing to finish fourth would be a real blow.

"No, it's not out of reach, of course not," Redknapp said, when asked about pipping Arsenal to third. "I still think we'll finish above Arsenal - bring it on, Arsene!"<<He dont want it..

He then added: "The position we were in a month ago, we looked nailed on [to finish in the top four], didn't we? It would be a bigger blow if we don't make it, that's for sure. That would knock me for six."

Having reached the quarter-finals of the 2010/11 Champions League in their only appearance in the competition to date, Redknapp is eager to return to that stage once again - although he insists it is harder than ever to qualify, considering the level of competition at the top end of the Premier League.

"Man City are now established as a certainty, Man United are a certainty, Arsenal have been there every year, Chelsea, Liverpool are going to get stronger," he noted. "You'd have thought if you can make it this year, it's going to be even harder.

""I enjoyed it last year. It was new to me, it wasn't something that I've had. It's not been part of my life any more than it's been part of Tottenham's life. They've not been used to Champions League, so it wasn't suddenly: 'Oh my ? , we've not got Champions League'.

He added: "If you want to do it again, you've got to improve. These top teams are going to keep improving.

"Chelsea are not going to stand still. They are going to go out and improve their team because the owner does that. Man City are going to improve, Man United, Arsenal are already making plans to bring new players in, Liverpool. It's getting tougher. There are six teams, really.

"That six are going to be there unless somebody buys one of the clubs. If they can get a Russian owner to buy Wigan who's got billions then they could win the league, couldn't they?

"That's how silly the game is."
  • northside7
    Options
    Chelsea consider Ronaldo bid - report
    Chelsea are preparing to launch an audacious €100 million bid for Real Madrid stars Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonazalo Higuain, according to a report in the Daily Telegraph.

While the Blues' strikers have struggled for goals this season - Daniel Sturridge, Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres scoring just 26 between them in all competitions - Ronaldo has scored 45 goals by himself to help Real to a six-point lead over Barcelona at the top of La Liga.

And with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich thought to be planning a major squad overhaul this summer, Ronaldo and team-mate Higuain are both believed to top the list of players he wants to lead a Stamford Bridge revolution.

The Daily Telegraph reports that a potential £82.3 million move for the Real pair could depend on Jose Mourinho returning to manage the Blues, as he would need to persuade the players to leave the Bernabeu.

Should Mourinho not come back to Chelsea, the newspaper claims that Abramovich will turn his attentions to Napoli duo Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi, who could reportedly be prised away from the Italian side for a fee of €70 million (58.5 million).

If the Blues fail to qualify for the Champions League they may have to re-assess their transfer options, though, as it would certainly adversely affect their ability to attract players of the quality of Ronaldo, Higuain, Lavezzi and Cavani.

Ronaldo bagged a brace for Real at the weekend as the Primera Division leaders beat Real Sociedad 5-1 on Saturday, the Portuguese forward becoming the fastest player to reach 100 league goals in Spain as he took his total for the club to 101 goals in just 92 league games.

LOL
  • Alkindus
    Options

It is...

C'mon man...Makin' comments like that will lead me to believe that you're not a football guy...The Prem's been dominatin' the Champion's League for 7 years now...Valenca in 3rd are closer to the bottom than they are to the top of La Liga...that is very weak

lol I'm just crackn jokes son, but you're biting so might as well continue

didn; t you mean the Prem dominated the prem for 7 years btw(in which only 2teams have won it btw, Liverpool and Man U)? Only Chelsea is still going strong your main team Man U got dissed in the group stage by a team that got knocked out the CL with a 7-1 defeat lol

the prem is on the decline, believe that
    jose-mourinho4.jpg

• northside7
    Options

It is...

lol I'm just crackn jokes son, but you're biting so might as well continue

didn; t you mean the Prem dominated the prem for 7 years btw(in which only 2teams have won it btw, Liverpool and Man U)? Only Chelsea is still going strong your main team Man U got dissed in the group stage by a team that got knocked out the CL with a 7-1 defeat lol

the prem is on the decline, believe that
    jose-mourinho4.jpg

^^That man disagrees.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    LMAO abramovic is losing it, a 100 mill for Ronaldo and Higuan now? really?

a Europa League year would do wonders for Chelsea lol, humble themselves and build a new team from scratch lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's go UNITED!!

• Alkindus
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Let's go UNITED!!

lmao blasphemy!

you've got some money on united eyyyyy
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Let's go UNITED!!

lmao blasphemy!

you've got some money on united eyyyyy

You know it!! Only reason I'm pulling for them. lol

Put some good money on a Arsenal Barcelona United parlay. This would cap off an already #winning weekend.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 POINTS CLEAR...

*waits for the haters to press wack on post*

lol
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Fulham deserved a penalty at the end there .................. but I'm not complaining. lol
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ alkindus

the fact teams like stoke, fulham and other teams are doing well in europe, and that there is so much competition in the prem for 3rd, 4th and top 6 shows how strong it is... its common knowledge the prem is without a doubt the best league in the world... when you off to the is it psv v valencia game?
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ Alkindus

the fact teams like stoke, fulham and other teams are doing well in europe, and that there is so much competition in the prem for 3rd, 4th and top 6 shows how strong it is... its common knowledge the prem is without a doubt the best league in the world... when you off to the is it psv v valencia game?