Your biggest hip hop related pet peeves

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited March 2012 in The Reason
What are some things about hip hop that you find annoying.

one thing that comes to mind is that artists who has a crew/label but never put their artists on their album (game)

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just the dynamics of the industry and fan perceptions of things that go on.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    The rapper "speech" before every album drops..."I got a joint for the ladies, a joint for the streets, a joint for the clubs...you know my album ain't like nothing you ever heard from me or any other rapper before"....

lmao ol thugnificent ass rappers.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    The rapper "speech" before every album drops..."I got a joint for the ladies, a joint for the streets, a joint for the clubs...you know my album ain't like nothing you ever heard from me or any other rapper before"....

This right here. I can't stand this ? . "I mean I really think this album gonna change the game, this album is something different blah blah blah". Then I hear it and it's the most generic ? ever, you know what come to think of it the artists that do come out with "something different" never say ? like that before their tapes/albums drop.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? complaining bout the state of hip hop.. hip hop is a refection of it's consumers not the other way around...

also ? c/s ? sayin "they are finna bring hip hop back" hip hop will never go back 2 what it "was"
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers constantly talking about their music, but no one's heard much if anything not even a release date. For example, there's a million Detox stories and two official singles, but no album.
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also there's to many damn labels every artist who is signed to a label has there side label and the ? signed to that has his own label smh
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So called "Hip-Hop" heads from New York and they ?

And when rappers say they album is up close and personal and they giving they fans they life and what they been through on the album and then the album end up being Swag Swag Swag
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Jamaica wrote:
    What are some things about hip hop that you find annoying.

one thing that comes to mind is that artists who has a crew/label but never put their artists on their album (game)

I'm cool with that.

See: 2Pac letting Outlawz ruin every track they were on... LoL...

I'm not saying flood the album with your homeboys. But a song or two showcasing them would be nice.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Female rappers. Yeah I said it.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »
    Female rappers. Yeah I said it.

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    ? who can't tell a story with there albums,? now a days is just a bunch of random songs put together

CO-? SIGN...

That's probably one of the biggest pet peeves I have with Hip Hop today... Muthafuckas don't know how to make an ALBUM anymore, and that's completely our (the consumers) fault. If people weren't so caught up with iTunes and ringtones and actually bothered to pay $9 more and get the album, maybe these artists wouldn't be so quick to put 15 random wannabe-singles together and call it an album.

Word to Big Sean... Boii... where is he? LoL...
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    an album with 100 features and being on one track by yourself out the whole album.
  • SlickestR
    Options
    rappers hyping up their next album like its something nobody heard of before.

and when it drops, it sounds like everything that we heard before.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh gosh...1.)Rhymin' the same word...2.) Sayin' 'muthafucker' to fill a bar...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Corny ass punchlines, especially punchlines about "? "

"You think you the ? , but you can't out ? me" - J Cole

punchlines are the lazy mans metaphors imo.
  • SlickestR
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    ? who can't tell a story with there albums,? now a days is just a bunch of random songs put together

CO-? SIGN...

That's probably one of the biggest pet peeves I have with Hip Hop today... Muthafuckas don't know how to make an ALBUM anymore, and that's completely our (the consumers) fault. If people weren't so caught up with iTunes and ringtones and actually bothered to pay $9 more and get the album, maybe these artists wouldn't be so quick to put 15 random wannabe-singles together and call it an album.

Word to Big Sean... Boii... where is he? LoL...

and for somebody like Big Sean with finally famous, that would of been a perfect concept for an album as far as his path to being famous.. but with all them mixtapes he had before then, i guess the success took over.