Lack of humor in hip hop
    Guys rappin bout trappin but neva done it
    Hip-hop elitist who hate everything about hip hop in 2012
    Them I wanna bring hip hop back ass ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I hate when rappers who had a decent buzz not capitalize on it by dropping an album, instead they decide to drop more mixtapes. I mean what is the point of that?

Straight Up. I'm still waiting on Nacirema Dream LoL...

Don't get me wrong sometimes it works (drake, nicki) most times it don't (banks in 2010)
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rappers that are afraid to be different.
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers talkin bout how much money they got
    Lack of humor in hip hop

You must like Eminem then...LoL...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lack of humor in hip hop

You must like Eminem then...LoL...

nah not at all mane lls i just like music i can relate to foreal
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmm....

3rd grade lyrics and punchlines
    "Complations" albums disguised as a solo artist album. I'm good with a guest feature on maybe 2-3 songs, but EVERY song? ? that.
    Lack of diverse subject matter. Every album shouldn't be about ? , money, trapping, and the hypocritical "? Love Me" track.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lack of humor in hip hop

hip hop elites are the WOAT

• BlackAX410
    Options
    Lack of humor in hip hop

hip hop elites are the WOAT
    u aint lyin man I had a poster tell me hip hop wasnt in my blood or my core cuz I didnt have Common in my top 10 nd didnt bump him heavy
  • juan travolta
    Options
    [/quote]
    u aint lyin man I had a poster tell me hip hop wasnt in my blood or my core cuz I didnt have Common in my top 10 nd didnt bump him heavy
    [/quote]

there always on some negative ? . For how much they complain about hip hop there always the first ones to shoot some one down for trying something different or doing some mainstream.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when rappers not named Snoop Dogg spell their name
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hip Hop elitists can be overbearing, but who can deny that most of the rap in the mainstream is garbage. Nicki Minaj hasn't made a good (or maybe even decent) song in ages and she's probably the most popular rapper out right now. Lil Wayne has clearly shown shown he doesn't give a ? anymore yet nobody is questioning his Best Rapper Alive title. And I don't give a ? what anyone says, there is no reason Jay shouldn't have EASILY outspit Kanye on every song on WTT. Rap should be a competition, where the ? is the hunger? As much as I like J. Cole, duke wouldn't even be considered all that lyrical in the 90s, yet he's one of my favorites because he is atleast TRYING to spit.
  • juan travolta
    Options
    also when some one says hes the next Pac.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Hip Hop elitists can be overbearing, but who can deny that most of the rap in the mainstream is garbage. Nicki Minaj hasn't made a good (or maybe even decent) song in ages and she's probably the most popular rapper out right now. Lil Wayne has clearly shown shown he doesn't give a ? anymore yet nobody is questioning his Best Rapper Alive title. And I don't give a ? what anyone says, there is no reason Jay shouldn't have EASILY outspit Kanye on every song on WTT. Rap should be a competition, where the ? is the hunger? As much as I like J. Cole, duke wouldn't even be considered all that lyrical in the 90s, yet he's one of my favorites because he is atleast TRYING to spit.

thing is nobody is forcing u to listen to "mainstream ? " when I dislike an artist i ignore em simple as dat wat good is complaining about an artist u dislike? you can bump them underground artist u feel aint gettin enough love when in actuality they dont have hitmaking ability if dat wat makes u comfortable dats wat youtube was made for u can bump the artist u prefer without a problem
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Corny ass punchlines, especially punchlines about "? "

"You think you the ? , but you can't out ? me" - J Cole

punchlines are the lazy mans metaphors imo.
    KushBlunts wrote: »
    Kanye West

lamontbdc wrote: »
    folks calling and labeling ? freestyles when they aren't
    blackrain wrote: »
    The rapper "speech" before every album drops..."I got a joint for the ladies, a joint for the streets, a joint for the clubs...you know my album ain't like nothing you ever heard from me or any other rapper before"....
    ? who are actually talented seem to take the longest to get love in the game....but cats who really aren't that talented seem to get on much faster
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Jay Z fans

I hate when rappers who had a decent buzz not capitalize on it by dropping an album, instead they decide to drop more mixtapes. I mean what is the point of that?

All of these above.............^^^^^^^^^^^
  • art VANDELAY
    art VANDELAY Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    The "Big Single". ? a big single, how about a big album? See: Drake, Tyga, Wayne, Jay-z on BP3, Eminem, Ludacris (from Day 1), T.I., etc. etc.

One rapper who has Big albums lately is Kanye (save 808s, that is. All big singles, rest was ? ).
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dictionary rappers
    rappers dissing more popular rappers a month before their album drops then squashing it a month after it drops
    rappers who use their bar mitzfah money to launch their rap career
    rappers who let the featured artist spit three times more than them on their own tracks
    eminem singing
    eminem radio tracks
    eminem "up-lifting tracks"
    eminem stans (he dont even like his stans... hence "stan")
    nas stans
    jay-z stans
    3000 stans
    biggie stans
    pac stans
    (and Im a fan of those last 4 i just named)
    skinny jeans
    wale
    j. cole and lil wayne ? references
    rack city
    white girls in hip hop (seriously, why is that a thing?)
    icp

I'll try to think of more...
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol now ? sound like they cryin in dis bytch...

but i get annoyed when im watchin a video and the end of it, it says "to be continued" 80 percent of the time its not continued lol....
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The radio, so I just don't listen to it. Clear Channel plays the same artists over and over
    DJ's dickriding a wack ass artist, they scared to say something is wack
    Features, why can't a artist carry his album by himself, they have about 10 guests on every album
    30 song albums. and only 3 of the songs are good, and people said the 10 song Illmatic was too short, nah it was good, the rest of that ? is filler
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? complaining bout the state of hip hop.. hip hop is a refection of it's consumers not the other way around... also ? c/s ? sayin "they are finna bring hip hop back" hip hop will never go back 2 what it "was"
    Real ? spoken right there, if you want better you'll demand better

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? complaining bout the state of hip hop.. hip hop is a refection of it's consumers not the other way around... also ? c/s ? sayin "they are finna bring hip hop back" hip hop will never go back 2 what it "was"
    Real ? spoken right there, if you want better you'll demand better

Co-Sign... If y'all want better, you need to speak with YOUR DAMN WALLET... I actually BUY retail albums by artists I like... Even in this economy $10 ain't too much to spare for your favorite artists to show some love...
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    People that act like you can't spit solid/good lyrics and make catchy songs at the same time. It's like it's either one or the other.

If you display a deep vocabulary it's frowned upon, but abc rhymes are accepted
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    People that act like you can't spit solid/good lyrics and make catchy songs at the same time. It's like it's either one or the other.

If you display a deep vocabulary it's frowned upon, but abc rhymes are accepted

depends on wat situation is in when u makin a track for the ? iont wanna hear ? like " her eyes were so persuasive/ and her breast were perfectly adjacent" ? lyricism all da time u think the hoes gettin loose to multi syllables in da club? u think backpack rap bumps in the whip? some tracks are for the laptop wit ya headphones in other ? u like gettin ignant to in the club nd other areas when u wanna have fun, ? hearin about how wack rappers are in 2012 on bland beats for multiple tracks
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Axel I know you a young brother but I grew up in an era where cats were spitting lyrics on songs for women/club.
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hype for rappers with no substance every song is just cliche as hell.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Axel I know you a young brother but I grew up in an era where cats were spitting lyrics on songs for women/club.

yea maybe dats the difference girls my age aint trynna twerk to lyrical ? dats all im sayin lls