No ? but I miss the old Lupe Fiasco from the fareinheit mixtapes up to Food and Liquor..

Options

Comments

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please stop saying No ? for ? that is not ? ...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Lupe is still an amazing rapper it's not like he feel off and spitting wack ? over these beats. he just tried different sounds and I don't blame him for experimenting. If he would've kept the same sound it would be the same ? talking about he needs to switch it up.

Not really the ? just didnt sound good to me... For example no matter where Kanye seems to take his music it always sounds good.

Kanye is a gifted producer, why wouldnt his music not sound good?

So with the resources allotted to Lupe how come his experimentation couldnt sound good?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    the cool is not better than F&L

i thought the beats matched the lyrics this time...
    F&L can drag a little bit
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do people act like one bad album makes Lupe the worst rapper ever? Like others were sayin, the content was still good and eveything, it's just the production that dragged the album.

FNL2 should be good though. He was sayin that he had the neptunes on a few cuts. If they give him stuff like this, I have no doubt in my mind that the album will be great.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbiOexUs22E
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe said Lasers wasn't him. Yet he was complicit in it released and gained financially off it. BS

Nas in '08 released an album titled N.I.G.G.E.R and was adamant with the title and content. His bosses and some people said GTFOH with that title

Nas laughs and says OK, if it ain't that title then its gonna be Untitled ...

I hope Food & Liqour 2 exceeds expectations
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do people act like one bad album makes Lupe the worst rapper ever? Like others were sayin, the content was still good and eveything, it's just the production that dragged the album.

FNL2 should be good though. He was sayin that he had the neptunes on a few cuts. If they give him stuff like this, I have no doubt in my mind that the album will be great.
    nevermind that. I want a full version of 'horn synth' or whatever that track was called
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco is one of my fav rappers of all time but Lasers was terrible, i still think he can live up to his potential as long as he stops with the rockstar, techno stuff
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man my dude you don't have to say NH!
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco is one of my fav rappers of all time but Lasers was terrible, i still think he can live up to his potential as long as he stops with the rockstar, techno stuff

My point exactly..
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Its way to early to be writing Lupe off.

His first 2 albums were great.

At this point in Nas' career people were writing him off for making a pop-rap album (IWW) and the disappointing I Am & The Firm albums.

At this point in Raekwon's career people were writing him off for releasing The Lexx Diamond Story and Immobilarity.

One bad album shouldnt discount the work he's already put in. Nobody in rap has ever dropped 3 straight critically embraced albums.

Outkast, Cube, Kanye.

But i agree otherwise with your post
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

Just in case lol i ve been getting attacked all day on this site today
  • king hassan
    Options

Tell them ? you from the Chi, we don't play that ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

They already know ..i just been sonning suckers all day while enjoying my Crusaders pandora channel...
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

My point exactly..

although i do enjoy the pre The Cool Lupe the best, he was rawer
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

My point exactly..

although i do enjoy the pre The Cool Lupe the best, he was rawer

More hunger better wordplay
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

At this point in Nas' career people were writing him off for making a pop-rap album (IWW) and the disappointing I Am & The Firm albums.

At this point in Raekwon's career people were writing him off for releasing The Lexx Diamond Story and Immobilarity.

One bad album shouldnt discount the work he's already put in. Nobody in rap has ever dropped 3 straight critically embraced albums.

IWW ain't a pop rap album...just because an album has popular singles doesn't make it a pop album
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

IWW ain't a pop rap album...just because an album has popular singles doesn't make it a pop album

that's how it was perceived...the perception of IWW now is much different than when it dropped
  • king hassan
    Options

They already know ..i just been sonning suckers all day while enjoying my Crusaders pandora channel...
    My ? !

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My point exactly..

Thats you basically saying you want him to revert back to his old self.
    Which again is sayin you want him to stay the same.
    Like I said, would you have been disappointed if Lasers was acapella?

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nevermind that. I want a full version of 'horn synth' or whatever that track was called

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c2wSs_OJg
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea lupe still a beast but the old songs were better
    im glad i saw em live doe lupe my favourite rapper alive
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Eventhough I think Lupe is a cornball ass ? , lyrically homie is ill. I think he'll eventually bounce back.

F&L >>>>>The Cool
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    Options
    I have every mixtape every album...IMO Lupe is still that ? he made one album I didn't care too much for...LASERS...The Cool was a classic in my book as well as Food & Liquor...Lupe still got it...90% of the ? in the game can't ? with his lyrics, bottom line IMO
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Be patient ? , Lupe's Lasers was still better than majority of mainstream albums. Erase that euro-pop ? and grace him with real ? boom-bap beats and you go with a classic. I hope he'll be smart enough to have control over his own beats.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Erase that euro-pop ? and grace him with real ? boom-bap beats and you go with a classic.

He should in all honesty remix that album.