Is it a FLOP that Nicki Manaj is about to do J cole numbers???????? (220K projected)

Options

Comments

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    Options
    220k is not really bad numberz & after da way nikki went platinum on her 1st album cuz da ? & chickhead community im very careful 2 say wat she will sell now..how much did she sell da 1st wk on her 1st album? regardless if nikki does 220k da 1st wk her atleast goin gold lookz very good...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Superbass wasnt an urban record cause it got no play on urban radio... it was strickly top/pop 40 or dance stations that played that joint.

Actually, "Super Bass" was #2 on the Rap Charts and #6 on the R&B/Hip Hop charts. How did it not get play on Urban radio?

ChartsChart (2011–12) Peak
    position
    Australia (ARIA)[36] 6
    Australia Urban (ARIA)[37] 2
    Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 75)[38] 42
    Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)[39] 3
    Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[21] 6
    Ireland (IRMA)[40] 17
    Netherlands (Mega Single Top 100)[41] 82
    New Zealand (RIANZ)[42] 3
    Scotland (Official Charts Company)[43] 8
    South Korea (Gaon International Chart)[44] 50
    Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[45] 43
    Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[46] 58
    UK R&B (Official Charts Company)[47] 3
    UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[48] 8
    US Billboard Hot 100[21] 3
    US Adult Pop Songs (Billboard)[21] 33
    US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[21] 23
    US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[21] 6
    US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)[21][49] 16
    US Pop Songs (Billboard)[21] 3
    US Latin Songs (Billboard)[21] 34
    US Rap Songs (Billboard)[21] 2

It was not played at all on Hot 97 or Power 105.1.... Z100 was all over that ? .

in chicago they played it on power92 and wgci <-- those are the urban radio stations
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superbass wasnt an urban record cause it got no play on urban radio... it was strickly top/pop 40 or dance stations that played that joint.

Actually, "Super Bass" was #2 on the Rap Charts and #6 on the R&B/Hip Hop charts. How did it not get play on Urban radio?

position
    Australia (ARIA)[36] 6
    Ireland (IRMA)[40] 17

It was not played at all on Hot 97 or Power 105.1.... Z100 was all over that ? .

i was about to say that, i have never heard it on the nyc hip hop stations
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Cham, you make some vaild points but it seems you coppin pleas. Stop the "There was no Promotion", Chick been all over TV, Superbowl, Grammy the last 2 months. Sure they pushed it back but she's still been out there. Awareness has been high. Just admit it, She messed up with those terrible singles, "Stupid Hoe" her so called Lil Kim diss was a terrible mess which is why it has more dislikes than Likes on Youtube. "Roman in Moscow" came and went cause it was terrible also. "Roman's Holiday" grammy performance was wack and a mess also. Finally on her 4th time up to bat, she got a pop hit with "Starships" but that pop trash alienated all her hip hop fans. Nicki has nobody to blame but herself. 3 Terrible singles and a weak pop song, that's why her numbers are low. Atleast you admit she went to pop on this album cause that's what really happen. Also let's face facts, the album is getting average to weak reviews and pop fans are fickle. She needed to appeal to her hip hop fanbase 1st cause they are the ones who got her where she is.
    Who said there was no promo? I said it wasn't in the right place. She has had a lot of promotion as an artist, but the hype for this album isn't like what it was for the first one. Pink Friday was an event. A lot of people who know Roman Reloaded is even dropping thought it was a re-release with this album title being in the exact same format you would name a re-release. "Reloaded" has been used as the suffix to a re-release title a bunch of times. Its kinda stupid.

"Stupid Hoe" wasn't even that bad of a choice to throw out as a promo single. It got her a bunch of attention and even broke records. "Roman In Moscow" was pointless and stupid as hell, I agree... even she said that ? was wack. But again, promo single. "Roman's Holiday" was never even a single bro. It should've been Stupid Hoe > Official 1st single: Starships, 2nd: The joint she just put out with Chris Brown, 2nd promo: The joint with Lil Wayne, and then album release. But she has like 6 songs floating around at once, its confusing.

She should've done like last time by catering to her core fanbase and then doing Urban crossover. This release has definitely been mismanaged but at least she gets a #1 out of it - first female rapper with 2 #1's.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    The promotion wasn't where it needed to be with this album. Most people don't even know its dropping. But more importantly, she moved way too far from Rap with this album. Sales will be lost cause Urban won't buy because of the Pop overload, and Pop won't buy because of the Urban overload. Its easy as ? to turn a buyer off if they don't like an entire half of the album. This probably wouldn't be happening if Super Bass didn't exist lol.

Not to mention the confusion as to whether this is a re-release or not, there being no video for an official single, and her big Urban single just now taking off. I don't see a big drop, though.. which would be good of course. Plus this album is selling waaaaaay more than her last album internationally. Win some, lose some.

I agree with this.

What I don't understand is that appeared that she and Kane Beats had this chemistry going. "I'm The Best" was nice and "Super Bass" was a huge crossover for her, but was still Urban. Why not let him do the majority of the album instead of getting RedOne and Dr. Luke? Not saying re-create past records, but there seemed to be a lot of potential with her and Kane.
    Yeah, I didn't hear "Super Bass" on this album at all. The sound, the production all seemed like Nicki's new 'sound'. But it wasn't on this album.

Her making an album full of "Super Bass" would have been more understandable. But to go after Pitbull and Rihanna and Katy and LMFAO? I don't get that. If she split the album in half and did a "Sweat/Suit" type release (2 separate albums on the same day) I bet they'd both do at least 200k a piece. But of course YMCMB wants to consolidate sales.

Lets see what it does in the long run, but 230-250k first week ain't HORRIBLE. Lil Kim was doing 230k in 2000 when most people did 400-600k+ first week easily... and 250k is more than what Katy Perry or Rihanna can do first week.
  • KillaCham
    Options

position
    Australia (ARIA)[36] 6
    Ireland (IRMA)[40] 17

It was added to 63 Urban station playlists in the US, though.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She should've went to Kim and asked how to maintain longevity...smh
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Cham, I agree with you about the album title being confusing, some may think it's a remix album. But who's fault is that?. The fact is the singles were weak, even Starships, that's a weak single even if the Pop crowd liked it cause it turned off Hip Hop fans, when I first heard it I was shocked it was her not Kesha or Katy Perry. Her hip hop fans have not co-signed this project. "Stupid Hoe" was a disaster, that so called Lil Kim diss had fans checkin for Kim again cause it was that bad. "Roman in Moscow" really did come and go. She spent what 3 or 4 tracks still sending subliminals at Kim. The fact she made a video for that terrible song was a huge mistake. The Grammy performance and song "Roman Holiday" got horrible reviews. The fact is the singles, promo and released were bad. This album will not have strong legs on the charts in my opinion. Nicki is lucky she's getting another #1 out of this disaster LP. Again the only thing I will give you is the album title does sound like a remix album, everything else is on Nicki and Young money for thinkin just cause Super Bass blew, they needed an album of Super Bass songs.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

Lil Kim's Decade run from 95-05 is one of if not the GOAT runs for a female in rap history. Nicki needed to learn instead of trying to diss. Nicki is already falling off by her 2nd album. To be in this game as a female for over 5 years takes a lot, she better be careful, she's already starting to fall a bit. Also "Super Bass" is NOT an Urban song even though it did do well on Urban charts, it's a Pop song that crossed over to Urban markets. Some times rappers have Urban songs that become pop, "Super Bass" is not that, that song is Z100 all day, a pop song that Urban audiences still did enjoy. Trust, it wasn't a hood hit. "Did it on em" is more urban than "Super Bass".
  • GeE-757
    Options
    ^ nikki is all EYECANDY she is not no real female mc she is a POPSTAR if lil kim tried 2 come out wit a stupid hoe or super bass kim wouldnt have been kim..
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Her ? ass fanbase must be on a cruise or something. Where Cham at?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when you really like an artist the album doesnt need heavy promo to tell you the date....you go online and find out yourself.....if you need the date in your face 24/7 to buy the album you obviously are not that big of a fan....everybody has internet
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^ chammy is n this thread defendin his barbie wit da red text..
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? using the lack of promo and can't find album in stores excuse in the internet age. Stop the excuses!
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    Options
    these numbers are disappointing but not a flop. 200K+ is a good first week, but if you had asked nicki's ppl 6 months ago if they thought that was a good number for HER, there's no way they would've said that's what they would expect. imo i think nicki and her team overestimated the size of her ? fanbase. they thought they could just put out anything and half a million ppl would just run out and buy it. the fact is nicki is still relatively a new artist and even though she has 1 platinum album and is popular, a lot of people's first exposure to nicki as a performer was her disaster at the grammys.

idk how anyone can say she didn't get promoted. she was at the grammys, the super bowl, & the nba all star game, and has been all over radio and tv the past week. if people liked what they saw/heard they would have started checking for her album and supported her. it comes down to the music. this album is not good, and has gotten some of the worse reviews of any album this year. and i don't think platinum is a lock. she may have more radio hits, but why would a casual fan of a single spend $14 on a mediocre album when they can just download the one song they like?
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The budget for this album shouldn't equate to these numbers. She just ? up in a number of ways for the promotion of this album I guess. Obviously that Grammy preformance didn't go as planned. Lacked a Superbass or Your Love Type hit. Lacked a "all the rage on the internet" type impact that Romans Revenge had etc.

And of course that ? was wack.
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? using the lack of promo and can't find album in stores excuse in the internet age. Stop the excuses!

My ? you've used that excuse for everyone. Cole included.
  • KillaCham
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Why would she go to Kim? This is still more than any Lil Kim album has sold first week. Even when album sales were at their peak. 2095c354.gif
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Cham, I agree with you about the album title being confusing, some may think it's a remix album. But who's fault is that?. The fact is the singles were weak, even Starships, that's a weak single even if the Pop crowd liked it cause it turned off Hip Hop fans, when I first heard it I was shocked it was her not Kesha or Katy Perry. Her hip hop fans have not co-signed this project. "Stupid Hoe" was a disaster, that so called Lil Kim diss had fans checkin for Kim again cause it was that bad. "Roman in Moscow" really did come and go. She spent what 3 or 4 tracks still sending subliminals at Kim. The fact she made a video for that terrible song was a huge mistake. The Grammy performance and song "Roman Holiday" got horrible reviews. The fact is the singles, promo and released were bad. This album will not have strong legs on the charts in my opinion. Nicki is lucky she's getting another #1 out of this disaster LP. Again the only thing I will give you is the album title does sound like a remix album, everything else is on Nicki and Young money for thinkin just cause Super Bass blew, they needed an album of Super Bass songs.
    That's all part of the mismanagement. Who else could you blame for mismanagement other than the artist and other people handling the project?

Starships isn't bad for what it was. Its a hit on iTunes and Pop radio but its not gonna sell an album... other than that, the release just ain't organized at all. And now the video for that song with 2 Chainz is dropping tonight when the song with Chris Brown is supposed to be the current Urban single. ? is stupid.

But psyduck.gif @ checking for Kim. Nobody is checking for Lil Kim again lol. Her latest single hasn't even made it past #600 on iTunes. Nicki probably has like 30 songs in the Top 200 alone right now.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Her ? ass fanbase must be on a cruise or something. Where Cham at?
    Wack
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ehhhh i almost didnt buy cole album cause i couldnt find a hard copy so thats valid in some cases
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Considering nobody knew this ? was coming out, no it's not a flop. When Kid Cudi dropped an album out of nowhere and it did +200k ya'll was on his ? . Nicki Minaj wack, but this is not a flop.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicki's a 15 minute fame artist...it's almost over for her.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Considering nobody knew this ? was coming out, no it's not a flop. When Kid Cudi dropped an album out of nowhere and it did +200k ya'll was on his ? . Nicki Minaj wack, but this is not a flop.

Cudi>>>>>>>>>>Nicki
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i know right lol nickis fans can get on twitter to hate on talented artists every week but they can't download an album off i tunes or amazon lmaoo

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham ? on RapMastamind?!?!?...I aint never seen no ? like that before...

Elite posters going at it, you know Rapmastamind gonna ride-or-die for Biggie & LiL Kim and then pray for Nicki's downfall so that ? is biased, Cham dont be riding for YMCMB hardbody like that but he ride with Nicki so his piece is less biased....Mutiny all around!