MorrisBX
MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Social Lounge
‘He’s got a gun’: Four NYPD cops shot in Brooklyn
image.jpg

Emergency Service Unit cops wounded in gunbattle in Sheepshead Bay
Published: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 8:24 AM
Updated: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 8:24 AM

A gunbattle in Brooklyn erupted when the NYPD attempted to remove a man from his baracaded apartment early Sunday morning. Four cops were wounded.

Four NYPD cops were wounded in a furious Brooklyn gunbattle early Sunday morning, Commissioner Raymond Kelly and Mayor Bloomberg said.

Miraculously, none of the Emergency Service Unit officers were gravely injured by the barricaded suspect’s bullets at 12:29 a.m., as they attempted to remove him from the Sheepshead Bay apartment, cops said.

The fight started about 10:30 p.m. Saturday, Kelly said early Sunday during a press conference held at Lutheran Medical Center.

Brooklyn resident Nakwon Foxworth, 33, got into an argument with a group of moving company employees, Kelly said, and threatened them with a gun.

Foxworth took his pregnant girlfriend — who was also carrying their 4-month-old son in her arms — back to their Nostrand Ave. apartment on the sixth floor.

One of the moving company employees called police, according to Kelly, and told a dispatcher, “He’s got a gun, he’s got a gun.”

NYPD investigators teamed up with the building superintendent to use surveillance footage to determine where Foxworth lived, Kelly said. Once they found his apartment, police looked through the peephole and saw that Foxworth was holding the girlfriend and infant at gunpoint.

A short while later, Kelly said, the woman busted through the apartment door and told police that she was being held hostage. She also said that Foxworth had a gun.

Cops entered and a gun battle broke out.

“The gunfight occurred in close quarters with the assailant and the officers no more than 10 feet apart,” Kelly said. “With Det. Ayala and Officer Granahan returning fire and sticking Foxworth in the abdomen. A third ESU officer also fired. It was a good thing that Foxworth stopped shooting.”

Foxworth fired 12 rounds at the officers, police said.

The officers include: Det. Michael Keenan, 52, who was shot in front calf; Det. Kenneth Ayala, 40, who was shot twice — once in the thigh and once in the left ankle; Officer Matthew Granahan, 35, who was shot in the calf; and Captn. Al Pizzano, 49, who was grazed in the face.

All four officers were being treated at Lutheran Medical Center on Sunday morning. Some might be released as early as Sunday afternoon, Kelly said.

“We’re not certain about what the fight was about,” Kelly said. “Obviously (Foxworth) was very hyper to say the least. He had a dispute with his lady friend and told her she couldn’t leave. And when she just left and left the door open, he started shooting.”

Records show that Foxworth was incarcerated for 10 years for robbery and selling drugs in prison, and two years for attempted murder. He was in critical but stable condition at Kings County Hospital on Sunday morning.

“You see our police officers putting their lives on the line every single day,” Mayor Bloomberg said. “Here we were very lucky, but it could have been a great tragedy.”

Police confiscated three weapons and 50 rounds of ammunition from within Foxworth’s apartment, Kelly said. The guns included a 9 mm Browning handgun — which was used in the gun battle, and was part of a multiple gun purchase made in North Carolina. Cops also found a loaded, defaced .22 caliber revolver and a sawed-off military assault rifle equipped with a scope. That rifle was stolen from Florida, Kelly said.

Don McGregor, who lives on the sixth floor next door to the suspect, said cops banged on his door and told him to get out. “They said it could turn violent,” he said.

By the time he got to the lobby, McGregor said he heard shots. “They all sounded really muffled and rapid-fire, almost like a machinegun was going off.”

This brings to four the number of NYPD cops shot this year. Det. Kevin Herlihy survived being shot in the arm during a wild shootout in a Harlem subway station on Valentine’s Day and Officer Kevin Brennan is recovering from being shot in the head in Bushwick, Brooklyn, on Jan. 31.

Source: NY Daily News x TH

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gangsta!

Props!

tumblr_liu6c7jsPq1qgqw54o1_500.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More police and crackas should be shot and killed daily. More cracka infants should be ? and murdered also.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    More police and crackas should be shot and killed daily. More cracka infants should be ? and murdered also.

idk about that ? part.
  • Amotekun
    Options

Ok.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    especially the ? part.
  • GSonII
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »

idk about that ? part.

The person that is willing to do the dirtiest ? wins in fights and war. You have to do ? like ? and ? children and women to get the other side all emotionally ? up so that they foolishly walk into traps while losing there cool. Just part of the war game.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

idk about that ? part.

The person that is willing to do the dirtiest ? wins in fights and war. You have to do ? like ? and ? children and women to get the other side all emotionally ? up so that they foolishly walk into traps while losing there cool. Just part of the war game.

uHRrJ.gif
  • Copper
    Options

1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge_www_fbgif_com.gif
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

paola_rey.jpg

@copperkid27, I gave you a GOAT button for that Ernie & Burt gif... I was rollin'!!!!!

• GSonII
    Options
    Anyone that isn't ready to do foul ? like ? and killing women and children is not ready for war tactics and should be the first ones killed when you are ready to get it on. They are too weak to survive.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

idk about that ? part.

9uovfa.gif
  • GSonII
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

idk about that ? part.

9uovfa.gif

I can tell there are a lot of weak ? minded people in here. You act like those crackas didn't ? and ? women and children during slavery or those kids in vietnam were not killing. None of you fake wanna-be's are real about a war and you crackas are just scared because you know when it pops off all the terrible ? you have done will come back to you
  • Will Munny
    Options

idk about that ? part.

9uovfa.gif

I can tell there are a lot of weak ? minded people in here. You act like those crackas didn't ? and ? women and children during slavery or those kids in vietnam were not killing. None of you fake wanna-be's are real about a war and you crackas are just scared because you know when it pops off all the terrible ? you have done will come back to you

oh?
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options

I hate to bring in logic and reason into such an eloquent argument but I would be remiss if I did not point out that both the Confederate States of America and the US in Vietnam lost the wars they were in.

• Amotekun
    Options
    whar wrote: »

I hate to bring in logic and reason into such an eloquent argument but I would be remiss if I did not point out that both the Confederate States of America and the US in Vietnam lost the wars they were in.

Don't do that. Logic just ruins all that man's talking points. Let him gone on and on about ? children and women and such.
  • Copper
    Options

pretty sure it was b/c they didnt ? enough
  • GSonII
    Options

pretty sure it was b/c they didnt ? enough

True
  • Copper
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    We didn't lose Veitnam.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Anyone that isn't ready to do foul ? like ? and killing women and children is not ready for war tactics and should be the first ones killed when you are ready to get it on. They are too weak to survive.
    ...well, this is certainly one way to attempt to justify your desire to ? children
    We didn't lose Veitnam.
    we should have this debate another time, as it seems this thread is focused primarily on child-?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Them boys are out today
  • Will Munny
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't really care about the Vietnam argument I just said it cause I thought it would be funny.

I wanted to be the stereotypical right wing ? to come in with a southern accent and say that.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

LOL damn bro! ? ??!!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

idk about that ? part.

9uovfa.gif

I feel you in a sense, White people throughout history have been the most evil and demonic people by far. It's a landslide, with Asians not too far behind (Genghis Khan was a wild character). With that being said, we shouldn't copy the White man's extreme demonic and evil behavior which spans ALL continents. I understand where you're coming from though, sometimes you do have to fight fire with fire.....but ? a baby is going a little too far. Just my opinion though.....? all the cracka babies you want to ? . It won't add up to all the rapes White people have done throughout the years.