• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci Mane + Young Dro = 2Chainz
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    If you say he ain't lyrical, exactly what is your definition of lyrical? If 2 Chainz aint lyrical then it's a lot of East coast based battle/punchline rappers goin out the window wit him.

I like two Chainz but he is far from lyricaly. He drops some funny/ok punchlines every once in a while, but overall he is wack. No one has forced "hunnid" to "rhyme" with so many words. He also fails to rhyme on a lot on his punchlines. Listen to that Wild Boy Remix; "my aim good, my pistol ? /my chopper clean like dish detergent/kobe but the sicker version/Big Meech but the spitta version/Stacey Dash but the thicker version/gettin' head while the engine runnin", come on son, that is not lyrical.

2 Chainz is as comparable to Joey as Kwame Brown is to Time Duncan.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Whats wrong with listening to someone not "lyrical"
    2chainz, Juicy J etc are snack food music; cotton candy ? - light, not much expected, easy to listen, occasionally funny and sometimes hilarious and bouncy. Quality coonsmanship
    Jay/Nas/Lupe/Beans- They're steak. You're not gonna eat a snack or cotton candy for dinner but you cant have steak everytime you eat.
    Idk where the Joe Budden comparisons are comin from but seriously callin someone like 2chainz wack is getting nowhere. Rappers like Him and even Wiz arent trying to be the "Best-MCs-We-Ever-Heard" They're not goin for the crown/throne.
    Thats been shown to largely be a New York thing and partially an east coast thing (in other places its on our mind but its not the only force driving us) 2Chainz, Currensy, Juicy J, even Waka are about doin shows, makin money and ? ? . Which is fine as long as its in moderation and we acknowledge it as such

The problem comes when ur like Wayne. Wayne was the one tryna convince everyone hes the best rapper & he'll chew anyone blah blah with the wack bars and borrowed styles. If you noticed he's largely calmed down & went back to "i make a lot of money and rap about eating ? and taking ? /diarhhea." If 2chainz thinks he showing us why hes the best then he's failed everyone he ever knew

You shouldnt need sermons and therapy session everytime u press play
    BTW How many times and versions of this conversation are we gonna have
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    "The world is my playground, your girl want to play round
    I knock that P off, now your girl want to lay down"

That's one of my fav tracks
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you say he ain't lyrical, exactly what is your definition of lyrical? If 2 Chainz aint lyrical then it's a lot of East coast based battle/punchline rappers goin out the window wit him.

don't do that bruh
    that ? not lyrical
    do not do that at all
    his half assed metaphors is not clever nor funny
    that ? is the epitome of wack
    do not call bruh lyrical and do not use him as the catalyst of a down south/east coast discussion in this thread
    stop it

Again, what is the definition of lyrical? Name me a rapper that is lyrical in your opinion.

Not using the ? as no catalyst for war, i'm just sayin he ain't no different from any battle/punchline rapper from the first half of the 2000's and if these ? gon write ? off they gon write Cassidy and Murda Mook off too.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chainz is a cool dude in real life. He been on his grind and got the right ppl in his corner so he's popping.He still down with Luda. he worked this market and caught a serious buzz.proud of him actually.not the illest lyricist, but has a knack for song making, and is better than a lot of ATL rappers musically.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like two Chainz but he is far from lyricaly. He drops some funny/ok punchlines every once in a while, but overall he is wack. No one has forced "hunnid" to "rhyme" with so many words. He also fails to rhyme on a lot on his punchlines. Listen to that Wild Boy Remix; "my aim good, my pistol ? /my chopper clean like dish detergent/kobe but the sicker version/Big Meech but the spitta version/Stacey Dash but the thicker version/gettin' head while the engine runnin", come on son, that is not lyrical.

2 Chainz is as comparable to Joey as Kwame Brown is to Time Duncan.

It's called alliteration:

"the repetition of usually initial consonant sounds in two or more neighboring words or syllables—called also head rhyme, initial rhyme."

Some hip hop heads don't want the art form to progress because they're hung up on outdated conventions. Say what you want about those bars, but he said a lot more than most dictionary rhymers who are stuck rhyming sire with fire and college with knowledge.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? wack

c.s

dont know wtf there hearing
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been sleeping on dude

i was watching the Hip Hop POV ? last night and that ? performance had me hype
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TITY 2 Chains!!

he's come a long way, its great so see.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When a ? is rapping and your laughing at his punch lines that don't make him a good rapper.

It just means he's funny. I be laughing.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ lol so how Ludacris a "good" rapper then?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Exactly

Dude is funny to me

Especially his dance moves behind Nicki in that video

LMAO
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry but i'm just over here laughing at people really trying to convince t/s that 2Chainz is a dope rapper and that it's the reason why he's hot LMAO.

Listen, the reason why he's getting the love he's getting right now has to do with some street ? . I've been telling you this for so many years and you dudes refuse to listen. Of course like sheeps though once a rapper gets love in the industry and gets hot then thats when everbody wanna be on their ? , like this wasnt the same dude ? were laughing at back in 2007.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in da hood been feelin ? 2 chainz... it's like with gucci... jeezy... and Wayne b4 him u hit the streets with real ? ... and I bet in 2 year u will be doin a song wit a major player...
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Serving the club, head shot, scattered, covered, run, scram 'em/
    I'm 38, hot with a pearl handle/
    And I'm throwing techs like a NBA ref/
    I got, all gold guns like they came from I-RAQ/
    Artillery, could it be I got all kinds of these pistols/
    I point my gun at ya homeboy make ya own folks hit ya/

And I'm webbing choppers like helicopters/
    You gonna need hella doctors, when da glock go
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Serving the club, head shot, scattered, covered, run, scram 'em/
    I'm 38, hot with a pearl handle/
    And I'm throwing techs like a NBA ref/
    I got, all gold guns like they came from I-RAQ/
    Artillery, could it be I got all kinds of these pistols/
    I point my gun at ya homeboy make ya own folks hit ya/

And I'm webbing choppers like helicopters/
    You gonna need hella doctors, when da glock go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME9sycriz1I
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I'm sorry but i'm just over here laughing at people really trying to convince t/s that 2Chainz is a dope rapper and that it's the reason why he's hot LMAO.

Listen, the reason why he's getting the love he's getting right now has to do with some street ? . I've been telling you this for so many years and you dudes refuse to listen. Of course like sheeps though once a rapper gets love in the industry and gets hot then thats when everbody wanna be on their ? , like this wasnt the same dude ? were laughing at back in 2007.

*Been listening to Tity Boi/2 Chains for dam near a decade post*

Nobody I know ever was laughing at Tity Boi. You're not always a sheep just because you like a rapper. You're not always a hater if you don't. It is what it is. He has new fans because he changed his name. So what? "Some street ? " alone will not make you hot(insert random Alley Boy song). You have to have music that ppl like to listen to. 2chains been on some street since Ludacris first album came out. Why didn't his street ? make him hot then? If you don't like him that's fine. That doesn't mean everybody has to think he's wack because you said so. Wouldn't that be following?

FREE BANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJGO1fThfUU

First off i never said that my post applied to EVERYBODY smh.

Second, whatever you say. When i say street ? im not talking about some street image. It's street politics. Trust me when i tell you. That's the thing alot of you cats don't know how and why certain ? happens. If you dont believe me it's up to you i don't feel like i have to prove anything but trust me when i tell you that everything i said is 110% true. Now if you like his music that's cool, especially since i never directly spoke about you or anyone in here i just was just talking in general.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Wack rapper.... Watch ? catch feelins

Horrible rapper, got dayum he trash
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I eat ya girl for breakfast, wont save you no extras

she say she ? with me cause a real ? her preference
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i made 3 people catch feelings from just saying "mind blown" after some lyrics were posted
    damn im on my game right now lol