So New York Finally has a #1 Album that's not Nicki or Jay.....

Options
LV_Don
LV_Don Members Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Reason

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • LV_Don
    Options
    It hurts bruh there's alot of potential out here but the mediocre white dude blows up first...

shout out to Trip Lee for having the #2 album tho dude deserves all the props he gets.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never heard of him...
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he sold more than nicki's 251k? or is he only #1 on itunes?
  • LV_Don
    Options
    I haven't heard of him either and I'm listening to new York radio all the time..

Not sure if he outsold nicki but #1 on iTunes is big especially for hip hop standards..pretty much guarantees a top 5 album on billboard.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    random white dudes poppin up everywhere. like that random ass white dude on the freshman cover, macklemore or sum ? . Maybe H-Rap is right
  • $MoneyMakinMF$
    $MoneyMakinMF$ Members Posts: 75
    edited April 2012
    Options
    lmao ha ha ha ha haha
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #1 on itunes is nothing. especially considering he probably wont be there for long.
  • LV_Don
    Options
    ^^^^^ I get what you're saying but it's something that Styles P, Mobb Deep, Lloyd Banks, Cam'ron, Jadakiss, ? /ghost/Rae etc. unfortunately couldn't do...Hip hop is in a ? position atm with new York hit the hardest
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many Ls can new york take this week?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Lol ? act like half a dozen other cities be having a whole bunch of dominant rappers on the charts and ? tho. Yes New York hip hop done fell off but name 2 other cities in the past year where 3 artists have been number 1 with considerable sales? Hell Toronto has more artists that have been number 1 on the charts in the past 12 months with just drake than most cities in the country. Whens the last time houston, DC, phili, atlanta, miami, oakland, or los angeles had a bunch of chart topping rappers tho (and come with sources).

While sales are not the end all of how good an album no city is "killing the charts" on a consistent basis.

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ co signed this.
  • LV_Don
    Options
    @Monizzle14

ATL....Jeezy, Gucci and B.O.B on top with T.I. and Future to probably join them with their albums coming..you can throw Flocka around that region aswell...SMH
  • LV_Don
    Options
    ^^^^you can add Luda and 2 Chainz aswell.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    he def one of the most whitest white boys i ever meet off the mic behind the scenes but this cat is actually pretty damn good ... white folks about to steal rap from us like we stole basketball lol ;)
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    LV_Don wrote: »
    @Monizzle14

ATL....Jeezy, Gucci and B.O.B on top with T.I. and Future to probably join them with their albums coming..you can throw Flocka around that region aswell...SMH

@LV_Don my ? im talking about in the past year....I ? with the old school ATL like outkast killer mike jeezy and tip. But B.O.B. aint doing the same numbers without a pop single which he doesn't have at the time ? had a single out since february and its not making an impact and strange clouds single came and went. Future is on of the biggest joke in modern hip hop. That one hit wonder autotune ass ? will never have consistent album sales.

I got fam in GA in both albany and atl and yes future popping there and the deep south but he ain't ? outside the deep south really. And lol at flocka he set ATL trap rap back 40 years with his ? ass gimmick the ? don't even rhyme. And his albums have all been flops. Again huge fan of the old ATL rapper but that city fell off too. And 2 chainz is aight but he wont move albums....and luda fell off in the past 3 years or so. He came to my school and killed our spring concert up here in CT but it was his old hits that carried him he aint had any new fire album wise in forever.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Drake his ghostwriter?

There are multiple ghostwriters for Drake
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options