Was The TAKE CARE Album A Sign Of A New Drake

Options
TheKillerTruth
TheKillerTruth Members Posts: 139
edited April 2012 in The Reason
i know feelins will be caught on this one but hear me out before yall start hittin me with the usual his soft,sings to women to much....etc

There’s something different about Drake on Take Care. Sure, he keeps the same formula, He’s still singing. He’s still bragging and rapping in his signature high-pitch. But something is definitely different - his demeanor.

In Thank Me Later and So Far Gone, we hear a grateful Drake, thankful to be in the position that he’s at. We also hear Young Money influences all throughout, perhaps him paying homage to Wayne.

On Take Care however, he’s rather vindictive. Even though he’s kept the same flavor, this album feels more aggressive. From the shots (seemingly) thrown at Big Sean on Over My Dead Body to him (uncharacteristically) defending his style of music on Lord Knows, in Headlines his clearly cocky as he spits lines like
“I might be too strung out on compliments, overdosed on confidence/
Started not to give a ? and stopped fearing the consequence/Drinking every night because we drink to my accomplishments......he also has a more houston dj screw feel to this album and theres less Y.M influence

Drake clearly had a different mindset going into this album. This is also evidenced by the fact that he’s without a doubt cursing more on this album, and not to add affect or emphasis, he’s just using swear words more loosely, especially the word “? ”, which used to be a word that he rarely used. There’s more of a “I DON’T GIVE A ****” attitude here and you can view it as a good or bad thing, but personally, I like it. The guy who once said “Diss me and you’ll never hear a reply for it” is now putting his guards up and firing shots back at those who fire shots at him. Hell, even in his interview with Funkmaster Flex, he subtly called Pusha T a ? and now he’s welcoming any challenges/beefs. This is without a doubt a new Drake.

Comments

• TheKillerTruth
    Options
    lol alright but you cant deny he has gotten bolder with the dissin ? &challenging artist who diss him he even tried 2 fight common
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see the same Drizzy
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    His debut and sophmore albums definitely have 2 different sounds, but dats credited to his artisty.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wheelchair Jimmy still be making ? ? music for ? .
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Im only 25, but yall ? be makin me feel like im 45. U think ? back in da day was like ¨u listenin to dat soft ass Al Green ? ? ? ¨ ¨Dis ? ass ? listenin to Jodeci?¨ I said it before and Ill say it again, da ? - rappers yall consider da toughest, half da time is listenin to some old skool rnb ? .

• TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @YoungGoldie o i agree with that im just sayin drake is startin to get more aggressive than when he 1st came into the game all humble i think his finally startin to believe his hype everybodies been givin him
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake and "aggressive" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence...the only time that half-breed, Jew mutt got aggressive is when mom-dukes didn't get him a tuna sandwich.
    and with his music, it's still the same emo, "stick a rose petal in your hair when you're in despair" ? from this chump...hell, Bow Wow's music is more aggressive than Drakes
  • TheKillerTruth
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @Yamoley i have a feeling your eithier racist,anti semitic,or just someone tryin 2 ? people off just from what ive seen you post on other threads besides this one how you havint been banned by ill bot yet is amazing 2 me
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Success will do that to you...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop ? making threads.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TML was mostly rap with like only one straight up r&b song. Take Care is the other way around.

That's the only difference I can tell.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think what your trying to say is that he's progressing...

but other than that, Drake still makes the same ol' sound to cater for females...

he's getting more aggressive based off the fact he's being called "emo" most of the time.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its prob lil wayne lol ... drake prob be looking @ that lil ? who probably weighs 120lbs soaking wet lol .... drake be looking @ wayne like man if this little ? can get away with talking all this gangster ? on records and even going as far as to disrespect crips ? and false flagging ... and hes walking around without a scratch on him ..... ? i know i can whip waynes little frail ass why am i acting like such a little ? lol ................
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    TML was mostly rap with like only one straight up r&b song. Take Care is the other way around.

never heard TML ... but drake def has alot of rnb on Take Care ... but the hiphop joints he has on there are pretty ill joint like Feel Me ... that beat is crazy on that joint ... i just wish he keeped some of the rnb style hooks off the rap joints like undergroundkings is sick until you get to the hook ... its a nice hook but gets annoying after you heard it a few times ....
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Drake was singin way more on tml den take care
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    T/s makes the WOAT threads
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @infamous114 why? because its not topics you like or is it cause i fully explain my reason at the start for makin the thread and they actually are vaild points and not b.s....i actually do my research on a topic before i post it
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Yamoley i have a feeling your eithier racist,anti semitic,or just someone tryin 2 ? people off just from what ive seen you post on other threads besides this one how you havint been banned by ill bot yet is amazing 2 me
    i don't troll or make troll threads, why should I be banned?

• TheKillerTruth
    edited April 2012
    Options
    cause its amazin how folks will talk racist and ? behind a computer screen where ur safe
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    cause your abusive as hell

Bruh...you're catching feelings on the internet
  • TheKillerTruth
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @infamous114 ya alittle its just cause i cant stand people who are racist or insult others behind a computer screen thats why im always respectful in this threads because i wouldnt say something over the net that i wouldnt say 2 a persons face which alot of people do cause they know there safe behind the screen i admit i dont like some people opinions but i respect it some folks on here see ? they dont like&go ape ? talkin ? about that person and opinion which really doesnt fix ? just gets folks of the topic at hand
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "i think i killed everybody in the game last year"
    thats pretty much when i knew what to expect on the rest of the album, lies and singin.
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    lol ^^^ i like that right there clever
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only 25, but yall ? be makin me feel like im 45. U think ? back in da day was like ¨u listenin to dat soft ass Al Green ? ? ? ¨ ¨Dis ? ass ? listenin to Jodeci?¨ I said it before and Ill say it again, da ? - rappers yall consider da toughest, half da time is listenin to some old skool rnb ? .

Al Green and Jodeci never made songs about ? callin exes at 4am, simpin them to come back, or songs about goin thru ? phones cuz they got "trust issues"... but then again, that must be some new young ? ? (I'm the same age)