Was The TAKE CARE Album A Sign Of A New Drake

Options

Comments

• TheKillerTruth
    TheKillerTruth Members Posts: 139
    edited April 2012
    Options
    lol yall hell even i cant defend some of his lyrics cause some of his ? does sound like some a female would do goin through phones and ? but alteast his startin 2 diss ? back who dissed him he finally standin up for hisself
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only 25, but yall ? be makin me feel like im 45. U think ? back in da day was like ¨u listenin to dat soft ass Al Green ? ? ? ¨ ¨Dis ? ass ? listenin to Jodeci?¨ I said it before and Ill say it again, da ? - rappers yall consider da toughest, half da time is listenin to some old skool rnb ? .

yeah but those ? could actually sing and had soul. Drake uses computers and i have been to a festival and seen how terrible a singer he is wihtout autotune. And those legends of R and B were never insecure they just sang that real ? . Drake is all sensitive and tries to over compensate for the lack of a man he really is.

Just because you say ? more on an album doesn't make you "tough". As a matter of fact the more someone changes their cursing pattern the more insecure and soft they really are. Case in point listen to a bunch of middle school boys and how they try to over curse and act tough because they are insecure about going through puberty and changes. Drake is that insecure middle school ? who trina ride in the left lane when his ? ass was driving fine in the far right lane.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    take care had some joints but overall was not good
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Im only 25, but yall ? be makin me feel like im 45. U think ? back in da day was like ¨u listenin to dat soft ass Al Green ? ? ? ¨ ¨Dis ? ass ? listenin to Jodeci?¨ I said it before and Ill say it again, da ? - rappers yall consider da toughest, half da time is listenin to some old skool rnb ? .

Al Green and Jodeci never made songs about ? callin exes at 4am, simpin them to come back, or songs about goin thru ? phones cuz they got "trust issues"... but then again, that must be some new young ? ? (I'm the same age)

I aint gon front ive ? dialed ? , nothin to be ashamed of. And most ? have trust issues, and erebody from Nas,Pac,Scarface,Cube, have songs sayin da ? . But da ? Drake sings da ? . No matter what da ? sings about , he´s gonna get crucified. If da ? had a song called...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIdj5uFung4

Roast session for a week on here
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a ? will remain a ? even as he/she exudes aggression ....
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    depening on what you like your gonna have diff opinions i for one thought take care was damn near perfect and alot of DJ's think so thats wht he got 2nd place on the mtv hottest mics of 2012 debate with drake theres really no in between u either like him or you dont
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Al Green and Jodeci never made songs about ? callin exes at 4am, simpin them to come back, or songs about goin thru ? phones cuz they got "trust issues"... but then again, that must be some new young ? ? (I'm the same age)

I aint gon front ive ? dialed ? , nothin to be ashamed of. And most ? have trust issues, and erebody from Nas,Pac,Scarface,Cube, have songs sayin da ? . But da ? Drake sings da ? . No matter what da ? sings about , he´s gonna get crucified. If da ? had a song called...

The difference is, Al Green never played himself out by overcompensating with ? braggadocio. You expect that sensitive stuff from Al Green and them. Same reason why you don't hear Kid Cudi get that much flack, and he sings about even more soft ? than Drake.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake will be crying in one song, then saying he's the young sweet jones in another, then back to crying over a stripper, then sending sublims at other rappers, then jocking other rappers styles etc. etc.
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @BlackJerryMaguire from now on let it be know when dudes or other rappers do that it will be called The Drake Syndrome
  • _Goldie_
    Options

The difference is, Al Green never played himself out by overcompensating with ? braggadocio. You expect that sensitive stuff from Al Green and them. Same reason why you don't hear Kid Cudi get that much flack, and he sings about even more soft ? than Drake.

They say da same ? about Nas ,Pac, Budden, u can say dat ? about any singer or rapper. Nobodys feels one way all da ? time. I might be in love wit a ? one day, and next week im like ¨? these ? ¨. Like I said, no matter what he does, he´s gonna ge crucified.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take Care is a 5 mic classic
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

False it only got 4 mics though learn to look up your sources

http://www.thesource.com/articles/102938/
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    ^^^ thats what the source says but there are other magazines that say different it depends on which hip hop magizine u really like to read
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

False it only got 4 mics though learn to look up your sources

http://www.thesource.com/articles/102938/

? the source Take Care is a classic
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cause your abusive as hell

Smh @ a grown ass man being "abused". You're embarassing yourself
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @MAKAVELI25 out of this whole thread thats what you picked out of it -_- then on top of that im suppose to listen to a guy behind a computer screen...ok imma let that one go
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    ^^^ thats what the source says but there are other magazines that say different it depends on which hip hop magizine u really like to read

but the source infamously created the mic rating system those "other" magazines did't obviously i would not be shocked if cosmopolitain gave drakes album 5 Mics but they are a little biased

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's already a thread for all the ym roster
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/463401/? -hop-? -rappers-discussion#Item_81
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    i like how my ? discussion thread made it 2 my drake thread lol awesome
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Al Green and Drake in the same conversation regarding singing? I think there is something tragically wrong here...
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Al Green and Drake in the same conversation regarding singing? I think there is something tragically wrong here...

Lol, yea there is. U missed da whole ? point. It had nothing to do with comparing da two, it was about how lil ? these days is quick to call a mothafukka who listens or makes rnb soft.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jodeci is real!
    Drake didn't always have to survive in da street like da real mcs do!
    I just hope Drake isnt ? cuz he is a good rapper its sad that alot of people still concentrating on that
    guess that comes with the fame!
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its a time and place for that ? and i don't know to many dudes that was just listening to jodeci for fun , I'm a person

that doesn't listen to R&B without a broad being involved. I don't listen to music championing wifing skrippers and all the

other ? ? drake be doing.

• TheKillerTruth
    Options
    i listen to rnb for fun but then again i can sing and write love and sex songs
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options