Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    I heard the brothers are seriously debating a part 4;

If they dropped "Matrix 4" in 3D it would shut the box office down. I think they should do another film or trilogy. The Sequel hate is overblown. People only hate on the sequels cause of how Legendary the original was. As stand alone films they were pretty good blockbusters but when compared to the original Matrix, it's hard not to criticize them. One thing is for sure the action in the sequels were better and Keanu's martial arts skills were better in the sequels. "The Matrix" is the closet thing we will get to "Star Wars" as far as a sci-fi epic that affected pop culture while changing effects in Hollywood. Even George Lucas, Spielberg and Cameron admitted the original "Matrix" should be compared to the greatest sci-fi films of all time. Mind you these guys made Star Wars, E.T., Close Encounters, Aliens, Terminator and Avatar.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the first one was good, but the last two were terrible
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pics of Matrix please
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    pics of Matrix please

sati.jpg

No ? matt
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we in the Matrix ? !
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options
    classic flick had the perfect balance of everything, i usually don't dig on love angles in my action movies (which i consider it to be predominately) but not only was Trinity a bad ass in her own right but i thought the way she resurrected him was pretty dope he surely went in on the ? when he jacked outta the matrix

I LOVE reloaded and put it on par with the first for me 3 was a huge let down I just feel like they could have ended everything a little better, first two are tens last one is a 7 overall i'd give the trilogy an, NO movies are coming close to the goat trilogy of LOTR though
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    #1 - The Matrix Online was ASS. The Wachowskis were gonna "officially" continue the story in that game and the whole ? flopped horrible. ? turned Morpheus into a villain and ? , female agents, get the ? outta here with that ? .

#2 - The Matrix fan-made mods for Max Payne 1 were GOAT and way better than the real games.

#3 - Shoulda been the new Star Wars but the sequels were ass. But you already knew that. The whole story just went off the rails. Those ? rave and architect scenes. Me and the Wachowskis got beef.

#4 - Inception IS better. All that philosophy ? ppl always shower The Matrix with praise for? Inception did all that better, while adding MORE substance AND making the whole thing a allegory for film making in general. Catch feelins.

#5 - ? , remember how they handled the death of the actress who played The Oracle? They coulda really flipped it and made the "I had to get a new body" excuse work by casting a weird looking guy or a lil kid to play the role, BUT NO, these dumb muhfuckas just grabbed another old black lady.

#6 - I'm pretty sure there's a alternate universe where the sequels surpassed the original. Prolly the same universe where Biggie lived and trashed all those old Neptune and Timbaland beats. I'd love to move there.

Co-sign everything but #4. Inception better than The Matrix? Lol....No. Just no son.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best science fiction film ever I.remember going see this ? in theaters with my cousin it blew our minds back how good it was. I been questioning things since
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    "Inception" is only 1 year old and "The Matrix" just had it's 13th Bday and dudes are debating if it's seeing "The Matrix"?, LOL, "Inception" has a long way to go to even be in the same sentence.
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Good thread. This film was a classic. One of the G.O.A.T.S.

It's just a shame the sequels were so bad. Some of the actions scenes and special effects were cool, but a lot of them were over-the-top even for a setting such as the Matrix to the point where it felt like a video game.

Unfortunately anybody who's studied philosophy knows Reloaded & Revolutions were wack.
    Unlike the first Matrix which was intelligent and thought-provoking, Reloaded & Revolutions were pretentious and nonsensical and filled with what is known as pseudoscience...aka ? .
    Also if you notice, Reloaded was completely pointless. By the end of the movie they are right back to square one and accomplished nothing. NOTHING!!!! It seemed like a theme for the entire movie.
    What was the point of the long ass smith fight? NOTHING! ? got bored than dipped.
    What was the point of the long sword fight in that ball room? NOTHING!
    What was the point of that long as car chase? NOTHING!
    What was the point of the architect's long ass speech and giving Neo that crazy ultimatum? NOTHING! He saves Trinity and there's no consequence!! Did any of y'all catch that?
    There's no consistency with Neo's powers. A sword cuts his hand? But then in the next film Smith power bombs him into the ground creating a giant crater and he's still alive?
    The sequels were just complete trash.

"You don't truly know someone until u fight them" No ? .... no.
    "You didn't come here to make the choice, you already made, you're here to understand why" Stop trying to sound smart!
    "We're not here because we're free, we're here because we're not free..." ? shut da ? up!
    "Love is just a word.... Karma is a word" Smh.....

ergo......

The difference is the first Matrix was smart, and the sequels were TRYING to be smart and failed miserably.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the Wachowski brothers is now a sister.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember I was in 5th grade and I was supposed to go to Disneyland but the kid that was suppose to take me forgot about me... Had a little ? crying and ? ... So my mom said she was gonna take me to see the Matrix... And I was excited but I had no idea that it was going to be that good.... Matrix >>>>>Disney
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    memeber this ? had everybody doing that matrix move
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    It was a black woman who came up with screen play for this movie. She ended up suing never heard anything else about it though. It was confirmed that she wrote the movie though.

I've heard about this, her stories also inspired Terminator but I heard she dropped the lawsuit so I'm sure she got some settlement. Regardless, it's a brilliant film. From a pop culture standpoint, it's like a bookmark in movie history. Also Lawrence needs to get more credit cause he CARRIED the movie acting wise. Keanu and his 1 liners were not the driving force. Lawrence explained the movie, he guided you through the movie. Amazing performance by him. Also the movie was ILL cause it really brought in the internet age since it was 99 when we were still using dial up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM5yepZ21pI

matrix_ver5.jpg

Original Trailer and Poster
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Morpheus one of the GOAT movie characters.

"If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain"

Morpheus: I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: The Matrix.

Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?

Neo: Yes.

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into ? . Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

? was mind blowing to me.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Watch the Blu-ray, it's amazing how the film holds up especially the Effects. George Lucas should be ashamed that he was out shinned in special effects. The effects in The Matrix were better than Episode I and they dropped the same year.

51YTG1H3cAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i'm gonna have to cop the blu ray this was the ?
  • intlhak
    intlhak Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Options
    They should do a prequel to the matrix and focus on morpheous and commander Locke. They can dive in on him trying to find the one and his obsession to this prophecy while many of the other commanders doubt him.

Even though if they do remake this movie they will probable concentrate on the adventures of the other one's eluded to by the architect
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For awhile I liked the second movie more(action wise).......but I watched part 1 again on a whim....the original is the goat.
    I would only consider the 3rd wacarnolds though.
  • ocelot
    Options
    A prequel would be nice
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    A prequel would be nice

The only thing is we got a Prequel kinda with the "Animatrix" story lines. I do not want to see how the Previous "ONE's" lives were, we are already invested in Neo story line. It should be a Sequel about how they find Neo now that he is one with the Matrix. Have the Architect change his mind on the peace deal and it's a new war. With the effects and 3D today that ish would ILL.
  • ocelot
    Options
    @rapmastermind
    But intlhak idea sounds good tho...
    Morpheus searching for the one and everyone was on board till the one wasn't the one and everyone saw it but Morpheus... Then in the end Morpheus and the old crew had to ? him...thus causing friction with the people in the real world and commander locke because of Morpheuss blindness... Ill be the Star War prequel done right
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A prequel would be nice

I heard a prequel is in order...or at least they are making another matrix movie...
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    A prequel would be nice

I heard a prequel is in order...or at least they are making another matrix movie...

From what I've heard it will be a sequel, they are waiting for Keanu to finish "47 Ronin" dropping this year and "Cowboy Beebop" but I heard they are looking to bring The Matrix back in the next 3 years by 2015.