What if I Am Nastardamus Double album didn't leaked..

Options
darkrain
darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Reason
What if I Am Nastradamus didn't leaked and do you think this album would be better than Life After Death and All Eyez On Me?.....Just thinking about it.

Comments

• Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you hear Nastradamas it was just fillere on top of filler with some subpar singles
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would've easily been better than All Eyez on Me that's for damn sure...
    if ? want to talk about fillers, AEOM is loaded with them
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoot Em Up was dope.

and whatta you mean if it didnt leak? didnt these albums come out in the mid-late 90's? was it heavily bootlegged or something?
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am was supposed to be double album but ? got leaked so that's why he had to change the title cause it was supposed to be "I Am..Nastardamus" for double albums. I Am tape>>>>I Am CD but too many songs got leaked. ? is ? up...imagine if that ? didn't get leaked....this will be one of the greatest Nas' double cds of all time.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    wouldnt be better than LAD
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my eyes its better than both
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Nastradamus gets unwarrented hate. Most mfs say da album was wack cuz da next mf said it was without having their own opinion on it. Da reason it got so many bad reviews when it came out is because it was more of a thinking album rather than something u ride to. It only had 2 or 3 fillers.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i added nastradamus to my ipod the other week, i added 8 of the songs then threw the rest away, its not as bad as people say it is still not up to standard tho.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nastradamus and I AM are probably Nas weakest albums, i don't know if anything classic would of come from that era.
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Nastradamus and I AM are probably Nas weakest albums, i don't know if anything classic would of come from that era.

aside from a few horrible songs, 99 was nas' best year in my opinion, between songs that made those albums and the unreleased
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aside from a few horrible songs, 99 was nas' best year in my opinion, between songs that made those albums and the unreleased

1996 is easily Nas best year in the game.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blame the engineers and the execs Sony Music for ? this dream album up. I Am Nastradamus press kits were coming in stores early as the summer of 1997. They even marketed Escobar 97 as a "choice cut from Nas upcoming double album coming Mar 14 1998". My cousin once told me that when they were upgrading sony studios they were just throwing equipment and tape out in the dumpster. He scored him a Tascam deck and some 2 inch reels. i guess the engineers were pressed on exploting digital recording and mp3 format of music because everyone of their rap releases from 98-2001 got heavily bootleged before the artist could master these songs from the reel. I saw songs from I Am on mixtapes like after thankgiving 1997 for certain. Lazy K-Fall 97, Cutmaster C birthday pt1 and pt2. DJ Clue Boxing 97, DJ S&S 98 Heat, DJ Fantasy-Spring 1998 pt. 2, ? Harry. Both I Am and Nastradamus leaked all of their songs by the summer of 1998 on Napster and the mixtapes. Nas recorded a few new songs for the album and repackaged it as what we know as the I Am and Nastradamus album. The same ? happened to Mobb Deep, Ghostface, Raekwon and Will Smith during this time period. Raekwon Blood On Chef Apron leaked in 98. 100 songs just gone in cyber space like that. Murda Muzik the alltime most bootlegged album. You can make 4 different murda muzik albums from all the songs that got leaked from the Mobb. Supreme Clientele is nothing like the album that you know now. So many lost songs from the OG version of SC it makes me cry. Maybe one day ghost will put out the masters and let us hear it like it was intended. OG version of Mighty Healthy ? all over the SC version of Mighty Healthy.
  • KeepinItHundred
    Options

1996 is easily Nas best year in the game.

thats his best period lyrically. 99 was his best period as an artist, excluding 5 or 6 trash songs but he made a lot of dope ones that didn't make the original cut, 5 or 6 ending up on the lost tapes, a lot still never released.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Blame the engineers and the execs Sony Music for ? this dream album up. I Am Nastradamus press kits were coming in stores early as the summer of 1997. They even marketed Escobar 97 as a "choice cut from Nas upcoming double album coming Mar 14 1998". My cousin once told me that when they were upgrading sony studios they were just throwing equipment and tape out in the dumpster. He scored him a Tascam deck and some 2 inch reels. i guess the engineers were pressed on exploting digital recording and mp3 format of music because everyone of their rap releases from 98-2001 got heavily bootleged before the artist could master these songs from the reel. I saw songs from I Am on mixtapes like after thankgiving 1997 for certain. Lazy K-Fall 97, Cutmaster C birthday pt1 and pt2. DJ Clue Boxing 97, DJ S&S 98 Heat, DJ Fantasy-Spring 1998 pt. 2, ? Harry. Both I Am and Nastradamus leaked all of their songs by the summer of 1998 on Napster and the mixtapes. Nas recorded a few new songs for the album and repackaged it as what we know as the I Am and Nastradamus album. The same ? happened to Mobb Deep, Ghostface, Raekwon and Will Smith during this time period. Raekwon Blood On Chef Apron leaked in 98. 100 songs just gone in cyber space like that. Murda Muzik the alltime most bootlegged album. You can make 4 different murda muzik albums from all the songs that got leaked from the Mobb. Supreme Clientele is nothing like the album that you know now. So many lost songs from the OG version of SC it makes me cry. Maybe one day ghost will put out the masters and let us hear it like it was intended. OG version of Mighty Healthy ? all over the SC version of Mighty Healthy.

damn all those gems
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I Am..Nastradamus would've dropped as the OG double album then I think deathrowzorrow would pop a damn ? on the cashier at the best buy or wherever he cops his music. poor dude....the cashier
  • KeepinItHundred
    Options
    Soul Clapa wrote: »
    Both albums I am and nastradamus have a combined 6 good songs

So if it didnt leak it would of ranked neck n neck with all eyez on me as the waccest hip hop double album of all time

you don't know what you're talking about. the original, not the songs that made the albums.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i am is dope af idk what ppl are talking about
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the original I am... Nastradamus double album dropped, Nas wouldn't have a weak album...

Illmatic
    It Was Written
    I am... Nastradamus
    Stillmatic
    ? Son

-No Lost Tapes (because of no bootleg...)

Street's Disciple would've been one disk... It was only two because Nas wanted to drop a double album- had "I am" been a double album, he wouldn't have done it again IMO...

Hip Hop is Dead
    Untitled

GOAT Rap Catalog ever.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Had he not been bootlegged, we don't know what Nas' follow ups would have sounded like... I'm almost positive the beef with Jay would not have happened, and Nas probably would have never felt a need to name his fourth album Stillmatic and come as hard as he did on that album... What we're talking about is completely altering history here...
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If the original I am... Nastradamus double album dropped, Nas wouldn't have a weak album...

Illmatic
    It Was Written
    I am... Nastradamus
    Stillmatic
    ? Son

Street's Disciple would've been one disk... It was only two because Nas wanted to drop a double album- had "I am" been a double album, he wouldn't have done it again IMO...

Hip Hop is Dead
    Untitled

GOAT Rap Catalog ever.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Had he not been bootlegged, we don't know what Nas' follow ups would have sounded like... I'm almost positive the beef with Jay would not have happened, and Nas probably would have never felt a need to name his fourth album Stillmatic and come as hard as he did on that album... What we're talking about is completely altering history here...

He STILL has the GOAT Rap Catalog ever.
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Illmatic
    It Was Written
    I am... Nastradamus
    Stillmatic
    ? Son

Hip Hop is Dead
    Untitled

GOAT Rap Catalog ever.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

He STILL has the GOAT Rap Catalog ever.

Well...Yeah LoL... I just mean it wouldn't even be debatable LoL... You're right though...
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well...Yeah LoL... I just mean it wouldn't even be debatable LoL... You're right though...
    Understood.
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    Options

Illmatic
    It Was Written
    I am... Nastradamus
    Stillmatic
    ? Son

Hip Hop is Dead
    Untitled

GOAT Rap Catalog ever.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

D#mn U broke dat down like a mf. It makes me think of the addage "everything N life happens for a reason" lol.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another Nas suck off session
  • KeepinItHundred
    Options
    Soul Clapa wrote: »
    I am,nastradamus and Lost tapes have a combined 7 good songs

Ny state of mind II,Small world,? by myself,doo rags,nastradamus,we will survive and new world

Thats e40 type ratios b thats 40 songs and 7 tolerable traccs.Nasir was about to drop a double album dud deluxe weed plate for the new millennium before it got bootlegged

doo rags is a stillmatic session. nastradamus the song, was one of the new songs he made for the album.

fetus, you gotta love it, project windows original, poppa was a playa, rise and fall, ? by myself, sometimes i wonder, find your wealth, blaze a 50, tales of the hood, amongst kings, blackness, etc,

and as you said plus the songs that made the albums. ny2, small world, favor for a favor, we will survive, hate me now, ghetto prisoners, nas is like, undying love, the life we chose, last words, some of us have angels, new world

easily his best year overall.

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another Nas suck off session

It is though but yall don't be supporting his recent albums thats why he moving to africa thanks to yall