Plot Holes/? that didn't make sense in Films

Options

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really a plot hole but I think it's funny when some one will be talking in a movie and let's say is wearing a vest and they cut to the person he's talking to then cut back to them and they aren't wearing the vest anymore. I can't think of any movies this happens in
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    fast five..

how did the chick come back to life....didnt she die
    and tokyo drift...if this was supposed to be after fast five and they all had millions of dollars...why ? boy only have a bag full of money left over at the end
    i dont know the right term but it was like a flashback

the scenes in the movie are from the past when she was still alive
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    it made sense....it might not be realistic but it made sense as far as the story/plot goes dumb ?

Wrong. It wasn't realistic nor did it make sense. 100 of the most lethal, merciless killers will not sit around and wait for each other to die one by one.

The only dumb ? here is you.

it made no more sense than a man getting bit by a radioactive spider and developing super powers but u didnt question that....they were showing that the characters had superior fighting/killing skill than average ...so yes along with the context of the story it made sense

dumb ?
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    lol at yall arguing over plot holes

In 8 Mile you see a montage of Rabbit writing with his right hand, then it cuts away and when it comes back he's writing with his left hand (Em's left handed)

Heard about the car in LOTR but never bothered to look for it.

• BK Product
    Options
    These are from moviemistakes.com

Ocean's Eleven
    Where do the flyers come from that are in the bags that are carried out of the vault and into the van? Danny and Linus couldn't have taken them down there and there is no room with the Chinese man. They are carried out to the van before the SWAT team appears, which means they'd have to have been in the vault to start with? In the commentary by Steven Soderbergh he acknowledges that there's no explanation.

The Mummy Returns
    The timeline is off. Mummy started in 1923, yes, but it wasn't until three years later in 1926 that Evie and Rick actually met. Mummy Returns takes place in 1933 - only 7 years later. At that, Rick and Evie's son was born the year before they met...

The Shawshank Redemption
    When the warden comes into the cell the morning after the escape, the poster covering the hole is fastened down on all four corners - impossible to do after squeezing into that small hole. [On the DVD commentary, the director confirms that this was a movie "cheat".]

The Bourne Identity
    In Paris, why does the assassin go to the ridiculous amount of trouble of swinging into the room on a rope with a machine gun when he came in from the lobby (as proved by the dead woman downstairs)? Alternatively, if his intention was always to surprise Bourne by coming in through the window, why venture downstairs at all?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All season of Heroes after 1 ? was a giant cluster ? .
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fight scene @ the end to New Jack City. The fact that the main characters tried to arrest Nino Brown around what looks to be night time 5 seconds later it's day lite!!!
  • BK Product
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    @ Tyler Durden comment -in the director`s cut I think he said they added that in there to mind ? the viewer LOL, something else you prolly don`t wanna know is that at different parts of the movie they flash (it`s about 2 milliseconds each time) screen shots of Brad Pitt`s piece no ? and at the end during the credits they have a 1 second shot of Pitt`s piece again no ? no ?
    @ the comment about Inception - the director said he purposely did that to make it ambiguous, real talk tho Cobbs was dreamin LOLOL.....

i had a "curiosity killed the cat" moment when i watched it on DVD.. had to rewind and see what the ? it was... Im still ashamed.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All season of Heroes after 1 ? was a giant cluster ? .

that 1st season was the ? them they tried all that time travel ? and just ruined teh ? out of a great show.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    fight scene @ the end to New Jack City. The fact that the main characters tried to arrest Nino Brown around what looks to be night time 5 seconds later it's day lite!!!

i always said that...? said i was hating
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

i been trippin on that for 20 years
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did the begining of the movie v for vendetta mean?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    in the hangover when they saw doug's bed on the roof......but didn't think to look for him on the roof. but then they figured out he was on the roof from some irrelevant ass riddle. like they were too dumb to figure out the obvious, but smart enough to decipher a riddle that wasn't even meant to be a riddle?

i get there would be no movie if they looked on the roof initially, but i woulda just left that part out. or replaced it with them seeing a piece of clothing somewhere on their way out of the hotel or some ? .
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Options

it made no more sense than a man getting bit by a radioactive spider and developing super powers but u didnt question that....they were showing that the characters had superior fighting/killing skill than average ...so yes along with the context of the story it made sense

dumb ?

You started your rebuttal off stating that it made no sense. I win.

Dumb ? .
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Deep Blue Sea, why was Sam jackson giving his speech by the water? Never made sense to me with him standing there in that big ass room.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Deep Blue Sea, why was Sam jackson giving his speech by the water? Never made sense to me with him standing there in that big ass room.

I guess he wanted to be like I ain't afraid of no got damn shark. I was all good until.... lol
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark knight is one my fav movies

But when there taking dent n the back of the truck n theres a fire truck on fire they really went underground tunnel/freeway knowing ok theres a truck on fire sumthn might be up..
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    two crackas fighting over this ? for 5 movies

kristen_stewart300.jpg

you can't be serious

fixed
  • BK Product
    Options
    two ? fighting over this ? for 5 movies

kristen_stewart300.jpg

you can't be serious

Lmao thats the best pic ive ever seen of her.... but cosign.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK Product wrote: »
    two ? fighting over this ? for 5 movies

kristen_stewart300.jpg

you can't be serious

Lmao thats the best pic ive ever seen of her.... but cosign.

She looks better with makeup and hair.twilightvf.jpg
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy Gilmore

After he got hit by the VW Bug and got to the last hole, the ESPN tower on the 18th green fell blocking the hole and they said he had to play it anyways. I was always like what the ? how is that ? even possible. ? makes me mad every time I see it.
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Halloween the original one. jamie lee curtis riding with her homegirl smoking a joint. then they see ol girl's dad who is sheriff so they put the joint out real quick and her dad walks up on the car and sticks his head all in the window and doesn't notice the smell of marijuanna.
  • BK Product
    Options
    nah i think it was a timer... havent seen the movie in a while, but i think he knew how much time was on there.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    fast five..

how did the chick come back to life....didnt she die
    and tokyo drift...if this was supposed to be after fast five and they all had millions of dollars...why ? boy only have a bag full of money left over at the end
    i dont know the right term but it was like a flashback

the scenes in the movie are from the past when she was still alive

nuh i think it's real...i saw somewhere michelle rodriguez was supposed to be in talks to be in the next one. unless she's doing flashback ? again.