Spinoff: Best Pure Point Guard in the game TODAY?

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? playmaker
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rondo and CP3 are 1a 1b....

Rondo one of the only players I've seen put up 6pts 4boards 6ast and still have a tremendous effect on the outcome of the game....
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »
    Rondo and CP3 are 1a 1b....

Rondo one of the only players I've seen put up 6pts 4boards 6ast and still have a tremendous effect on the outcome of the game....

Not saying I disagree but could he do that on a team other than the celtics?

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Deron Williams

D will has no weaknesses. Cp3 gets locked down by bigger defenders (see dauntay jones in 2009 playoffs)
    Cp3 has routinely had all star power forwards but has never been to a conference finals in his career
    D WILL had ? avg. 21 and 10 in Utah. He also led Utah to the 2007 west finals
    Rondo has been to 2 finals in 7 years
    Rose went to east finals last year
    Nash has been to the west finals twice.
    CP3 has another all star forward now in Blake griffin and he will once again be bounced in the first round this year (mark my words)
    Name the top 10 players in the league and Chris Paul is the only one to continuously fail to win 2 playoff rounds. He is a great player but he cannot be your best player if you want a ring. Everyone talks down on Melo but even he made it to the 2009 finals. Westbrook made to west finals last year. The cat is out the bag and cp3 , while great is a Lil overrated.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to come thru and "body this thread wit facts real quick"<
    yeah I stole that quote lol
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Lmao at David west being a all star. CP3 turned him into the allstar.

Williams is gon be out the playoffs yet again

While CP is taking a 20 win team from last year to a top 5 finish in the west.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using "pure" is such a cop out.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king muthafucking james
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP3 then DWill..
    Whoever just posted that ? about CP3 being shut down by bigger opponents is crazy he might have a hard time but everyone has someone out there they dont match up well with..
    I have seen DWill get abused by quicker PGs thats his weakness..
    You cant lose with either..
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not act like parker hasn't improved tho... He's more of a pure PG then Rose and Westbrooks...and to me is a smarter/better finisher
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The guy that was guarding Lebron James in the PLAYOFFS is not a good defender???...aight...
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP3
    D Will
    Rondo/Nash

everyone else
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure....as old as Nash and Kidd are they still embody what a pure PG really is as well as these young dudes....they just old ? ....with that said, Rondo is the prototype PG (durable, plays defense, gets boards, great court vision, chippy) just without the jumper...but he got so many shooters on Boston it kinda masks that flaw a little bit..

besides that, Id say CP3 is the best overall PG...he's not as durable as Rondo but just as pure at PG, feisty on D, great court vision, clutch, can break down the D or pull from midrange or 3 if needed...
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP3 all day. He turned the Clippers into a playoff team....We're talkin about a team that's only been over .500 ONCE since the 93-94 season...That's crazy!
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    Options
    "positions are only for novice to understand the game better" no such thing as a pure any position
  • momanpr100
    momanpr100 Members Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? never played organized basketball in there lives but talk like skip bayless. this term "pure pg" came after rose. like a said the role of a PG is to get the team points. and nobody does it better than Rose cause he does it both ways. Rose consistently ? on all the so called great PGS in the league. No denying facts, matter of fact he owns them when they play.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rondo and like I said the other day

if he could shoot, he be the best player in the game
  • R.D.
    Options
    lmaooooo

please ban the dumb ? who just jalen Rose

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there are some silly ass posts in here... smh
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    A ? not being able to shoot is a big flaw in his game fam. Think about what you just said.

And no player in NBA that not at least 6"4 can be the best player in game
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    That's like saying if Byumn had handles and quickness he would he the best but ? ain't gon happen juat like Rondo shooting.
  • R.D.
    Options
    I just said Rondo had the potential to be and he bout 6'2 so obviously that theory is wrong

Shooting is something that can be fixed and he does everything else so I can live with it til he get it right
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    He's not close to 6"2 I met him all star weekend in LA last year and 6"0 max.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    "positions are only for novice to understand the game better" no such thing as a pure any position

Quoted for trillness.