Comments

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the hook ? it up. it aint makin the album anyway though so whatever
  • JYo79
    JYo79 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The lyrics and message are on point. However,He should've named this ? Maury or better yet Garbage!!!
  • JYo79
    JYo79 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The lyrics and message are on point. However,He should've named this ? Maury or better yet Garbage!!!
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah ive heard this song before

its a hitboy beat from tony williams' tape
    tony was singing on the original though
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like the beat lol
    that hook terrible though
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    smh @ Gnawze....? is the ? , dunn?
    I'm willing to bet this atrocity was produced by wack ass Saleem Remi...I dunno what happened to ? like Gnawze and Jay, back in the day they both had a good ear for solid beats, these days SMMFH!
    Nasir is a modern day Canabis when it comes to his beat selection

Can't blame Salaam for this one. It is actually Hit Boy from what I read.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya ? dumb as ? .Dind´t get the point of the song.? idiots.Over your head.? is hot as ? .
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    ? is mad hot am I listening to the same song.How old are you ? 4 real.Seriously this might be the illest single he dropped yet.Ya got to be kidding me.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shareef242 wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    smh @ Gnawze....? is the ? , dunn?
    I'm willing to bet this atrocity was produced by wack ass Saleem Remi...I dunno what happened to ? like Gnawze and Jay, back in the day they both had a good ear for solid beats, these days SMMFH!
    Nasir is a modern day Canabis when it comes to his beat selection

Can't blame Salaam for this one. It is actually Hit Boy from what I read.

I dunno who a Hit Boy is, but smh if he's responsible for this travesty....
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    yA ? CAN~T BE SERIOUS.SONG IS HOT AS ? .I MEAN IS MY TASTE IN MUSIC THAT BAD.HOW BAD WAS NICKY´S ALBUM COME ON NOW.HOW BAD IS WAYNE.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The lyrics were dope the beat and hook was trash.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    Options
    wasn't bad lyrically beat...ehhh and hook was trash but like dude above said can't think of original version when listening cause ? not even close to it. we're in different age in "hiphop" if he would've named it something else probly could of got away with it...shrugs
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is one of those dudes who is stubborn to a fault, he has the same ? problem Lupe has, refuse to chose beats that suits the back drop to their lyrics. Nas sounds best on minimalist beats and soul base beats, beats like this don't fit him.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Wow this ? was wack lol
  • on1x
    on1x Members Posts: 43
    Options
    lol @ how many people clearly didn't get what nas attempted with this song. he was CLOWNING black women. the hook was deliberately corny.

if you don't ? with it, cool. different strokes. but, some of you are being a tad hyperbolic by calling this garbage. nas has made FAR worse songs in recent memory. this is better than most of the ? he did on distant relatives.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    on1x wrote: »
    lol @ how many people clearly didn't get what nas attempted with this song. he was CLOWNING black women. the hook was deliberately corny.

if you don't ? with it, cool. different strokes. but, some of you are being a tad hyperbolic by calling this garbage. nas has made FAR worse songs in recent memory. this is better than most of the ? he did on distant relatives.

Thats why nas is 10 years ahead.It went over these ? head.

• KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    Options
    lmao cause he has a meaning and meant for the song to go like this on purpose he is ahead of ? time or over ? head..gtfoh ? listen didn't like it and thats it. nothing futuristic or so complex you just saying he made a corny ass song on purpose and ? didn't get it well no i don't get why a ? would make a corny song on purpose.(didn't think it was that bad myself) but damm
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options

I completely understood what he was tryin to do,basically da same ? Em did with syllables. Make da hook extra corny, but wit syllables he didnt make it so corny a mothafukka cant listen to it let alone play dat ? in da whip. Fukk what he was TRYIN to do, da overall song was wack. Dis ? makes a wack song , and yall ? is like "oh it was suppose to be wack" cmon fam. Nas is my favorite rapper alive, da ? was garbage. If it was so hot, he would be puttin it on da album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijsdNKXjNo

*edit

Im just catchin dat last part u said. Dis ? is better than most of Distant Relatives? lmaoooooo If u think dat, i just wasted my time typin all dat ? .
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options

I completely understood what he was tryin to do,basically da same ? Em did with syllables. Make da hook extra corny, but wit syllables he didnt make it so corny a mothafukka cant listen to it let alone play dat ? in da whip. Fukk what he was TRYIN to do, da overall song was wack. Dis ? makes a wack song , and yall ? is like "oh it was suppose to be wack" cmon fam. Nas is my favorite rapper alive, da ? was garbage. If it was so hot, he would be puttin it on da album.

lol how old are you homie seriously.It aint suppost to be wack.It´s just over your head b.? is a banger.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options

lol how old are you homie seriously.It aint suppost to be wack.It´s just over your head b.? is a banger.

I can break down "who killed it" line for line, aint ? goin over my head. Da song is wack as fukk to me, dats me tho. If u fukk wit it, cool.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijsdNKXjNo

I agree with your statement. The execution is what kills the song. Every part of the song is supposed to add something to the song, but the hook takes away from the song. The most frustrating part about it is that even if he had a singer singing the same hook, it'd still be wack. It's like he tried to make some kind of anthem out of it, but it sounds messy.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stuffwhitepeoplelike
    stuffwhitepeoplelike Members Posts: 661
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I like it, the beat is dope, the hook is wack but it gets more tolerable as you listen.
    I got a joint kinda like this I'm doing for my album called American Beauty, it's more provocative, gonna ? people off.
  • Itsallright
    Itsallright Members Posts: 128
    Options
    I can't play it again. Lol @ nas stans trying to save their hero with all that purpose bs. It is wack just accept it