Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    LOLOL ? actin like Hov aint all flow tho....

OWWWWWWW, Hov turning heads like OWELSSSSS
    Im the man of the hour
    Triple entendre don't even ask me how

FOH w/ that weak ? LOLOL oh and dont forget "how many of biggie's rhymes gon come out cho fat lips !?"

All flow? You reachin right there
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »

Im the man of the hour

FOH w/ that weak ? LOLOL oh and dont forget "how many of biggie's rhymes gon come out cho fat lips !?"

Oh behaavvveee ca21
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

Im the man of the hour

Oh behaavvveee ca21

Stop quoting me in your extra ? ways Superfag
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Im the man of the hour

Oh behaavvveee ca21

Stop quoting me in your extra ? ways Superfag

I guess i have to be either austin power or the jigga man to say it...
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big had to be shot repeatedly to impact the game. Nas just had to drop a debut cd.

lol....this ? man.....

• KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Soul Clapa wrote: »
    Word to nasir sampling big in his rhymes didn't he say on that nasty trash "Bumping biggie the great legend"?

We see why son.Aint no coming bacc from nasir sampling biggie the "basic lyricist" several times in is rhymes

Big is YOUR favorite rappers favorite rapper

/thread

not really, has nothing to do with who's technically better. did i ever say biggie wasn't a legend? of course he's a legend. thats why he gets sampled a lot. i've heard nas call many rappers including himself the best, so that holds no weight even if it was relevant to the topic of the thread.

nas is a better technical lyricist than biggie. biggie's not all that technically. a notch above pac and thats it. he's simple, with a great flow and story telling.

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well I think the O/P is skating around the real question. It's who's the better MC. Who can control the crowd better, who can grab you with his words better. There are clearly things NaS does technically better than Biggie lyrically, there are other emcees also but this is what separates Big from a lot of his peers, his ability to do more with less, to have a listener's attention from the very opening bars of his songs. Big had to be the illest at opening a song:

It was all a dream, Who shot ya separate the weak from the obsolete, Poppa no info from the DEA, who the ? is this, and on and on.

They are neck and neck as storytellers but Big stories were more believable than NaS. NaS was a screenwriter on wax, Big was a screenwriter/director on wax, his stories felt like short films. NaS of course a little deeper lyrically cause he had more time than Big but Big was still deep. So though I feel technically there are aspects of NaS rhymes that are better than Big. I can't say NaS is the better emcee plus we all know who got the last word in their little subliminal battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNwvHEme_JE
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

These rhymes came to mind...

Lender:
    "Picture life as my wife, just think/ full length mink, fat X and O links"-Biggie.

Borrower:
    "Picture life as my wife, just think/ full length sable, seven carats in your navel"-Nas.

Lender:
    "Old school, new school, need to learn though/ I burn baby burn like Disco Inferno"-Biggie.

Borrower:
    "Nah, i'm tryna kick the ? ya need to learn though/ that Ether, the ? that make ya soul burn slow"-Nas.

Lender:
    "On the road to riches and diamond rings/ real ? do real things"-Biggie.

Borrower:
    "On the road to riches and diamond rings/ In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the king"-Nas.

NaS already admitted Big was the ? of NY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxxvc4Tk_ug

"Just murals of Biggie Smalls, Bigger than Life" - Let There Be Light
    "Bumping Biggie the Great Legend" - NaSty
  • samkaveli
    samkaveli Members Posts: 572
    Options
    Biggie killed nasir on wacs twice Biggie won

Nas Lost.

• samkaveli
    Options
    Ask anyone out side of the net to tell u one song.from that overrated illmatic album no one knows ask them one song on ready to die in watch how ? start naming songs like.nothing Biggie gets way more respect still gets played on radio unike nasir who cant.even get the don to play on the radio Biggie wins goat pulls nasir cant looks like.franky wins again

Nas lost
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    Biggie easily. Trag and mega didnt have to write for big.
  • KeepinItHundred
    Options

trag never wrote for nas. mega claims he wrote a line on affirmative action, and mega said you can't front on nas as top 5.

to everybody else, do yall not know what technical lyricism is? technical lyricism is how complex your rhyme's are in terms of syllable count. nas is better technically. that the premis of this thread, not who was "king".
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ITT: People act like Biggie had lyrics, when in reality his bars were lukewarm at best.

Why is this even a discussion?
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been listening to hip hop since its inception. all these replies are purely opinionated. With that being said. My opinion is that Big is 1a. And Nas is 1b. Biggie, had the whole package, while Nas is nice, he can come across as preachy or teachy. But I will give props to Nas for the best hip hop story. Rewind. The concept is ill, but to write that ? is mind boggling.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im going with nas!
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nas be all off topic nd will say anything to keep rhyme scheme flowin.

he stillin my top 3 no luv for biggie tho

thats actually one of nas's styles ie Take it in blood flow .......................... ;)

if i ruled the world and multiple other story telling & conceptual joints (rewind, money is my ? etc...) he gots prove he can stay on topic from start to finished
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    I been listening to hip hop since its inception. all these replies are purely opinionated. With that being said. My opinion is that Big is 1a. And Nas is 1b. Biggie, had the whole package, while Nas is nice, he can come across as preachy or teachy. But I will give props to Nas for the best hip hop story. Rewind. The concept is ill, but to write that ? is mind boggling.

I can boast the same (I been listening to hip hop since its inception). Biggie was the whole package? What's in this package? At best Biggie was Chubb Rock\Big Daddy Kane\Heavy D. While Nas was\is Melle Mel, Moe Dee, Spoonie G, Rakim, KRS, Grap,Slick Rick, Ice T, Ice Cube, Chuck D, and every other top level MC rolled into one.

While Nas comes of Preachy to you, I take as creative, thought provoking, and informative. What I find interesting is, you make the claim you have "I been listening to hip hop since its inception". But Nas comes off preachy. I wonder what you were listening to before Nas then because, just about every MC before him had a story to tell, or dealt with current issues in their respective communities.

Anyways you are entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us. But something about your post doesn't add up.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    plocc wrote: »

I can boast the same (I been listening to hip hop since its inception). Biggie was the whole package? What's in this package? At best Biggie was Chubb Rock\Big Daddy Kane\Heavy D. While Nas was\is Melle Mel, Moe Dee, Spoonie G, Rakim, KRS, Grap,Slick Rick, Ice T, Ice Cube, Chuck D, and every other top level MC rolled into one.

While Nas comes of Preachy to you, I take as creative, thought provoking, and informative. What I find interesting is, you make the claim you have "I been listening to hip hop since its inception". But Nas comes off preachy. I wonder what you were listening to before Nas then because, just about every MC before him had a story to tell, or dealt with current issues in their respective communities.

Anyways you are entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us. But something about your post doesn't add up.

imo if you think nas is preachy you wasnt listening to the music especially between the Illmatic and IWW albums ... it was filled with nothing but stories ... black girl lost is probably the closest nas came to preaching
  • samkaveli
    Options
    Nas is a ? , no one outside of the net cares about Nas, Nas is a nobody and always was. only in NY do Nas gets play, in even then the ? cant even get The Don on the Radio in NY lmfao. Nas is a loser, just because the ? say more words dont mean ? , if ? aint feeling you. and that is why Big is better he used less words, but you can actually feel him Nas is Boring as hell sometime, in he only has two good albums illmatic and iww after that he ? were duds. ask the street who.better I bet Big wins.

Nas Lost
  • KeepinItHundred
    Options
    samkaveli wrote: »
    Nas is a ? , no one outside of the net cares about Nas, Nas is a nobody and always was. only in NY do Nas gets play, in even then the ? cant even get The Don on the Radio in NY lmfao. Nas is a loser, just because the ? say more words dont mean ? , if ? aint feeling you. and that is why Big is better he used less words, but you can actually feel him Nas is Boring as hell sometime, in he only has two good albums illmatic and iww after that he ? were duds. ask the street who.better I bet Big wins.

Nas Lost

nas getting no play or losing relevancy isn't whats being debated. whats being debated is who's better technically. nas is better technically? "more words". who said anything about words? i'm saying nas has better rhyme schemes/aka technical lyricsm than biggie, thats a fact. so do eminem, az, g-rap, rakim, common, etc. so what you gonna say next? that rhyming doesn't matter either? lol

some how this turned into a debate to who was king of ny, or who sold more etc, when thats not even the premise.

we all know the streets just go with whats popular to say. people in the "streets" don't take the time to look at all aspects.
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    Nas can't even ride a beat sounds like he's reading off paper sometimes
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ all the people in here sayin Biggie. look the ? was nice and definately knew how to put a hit together but Nas got him in metaphores, multie syllable spits,Vocab, and clarity. Biggie had the benifit of greater production and a powerful machine behind him. put it this way...Big couldna did what Nas did to that Stillmatic intro on the stillmatic album.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

trag never wrote for nas. mega claims he wrote a line on affirmative action, and mega said you can't front on nas as top 5.

to everybody else, do yall not know what technical lyricism is? technical lyricism is how complex your rhyme's are in terms of syllable count. nas is better technically. that the premis of this thread, not who was "king".

Save your breathe man. There's no point in using logic or comprehension on the IC. You just gotta hate on everyone, contradict yourself, and be a racist to fit it.