Tyler The Creator Latest Twitter Rant

Options

Comments

• choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    J. Rob wrote: »
    He's kinda right.....I mean, I respect the pioneers of hip hop.....but lets not act like those early to mid 80s rappers were lyrical geniuses. Granted, hip hop hadn't advanced yet......but do y'all really think ? bump Kurtis Blow? Or Sugarhill Gang? Naw, that ? is wack now. Most people who bump old school usually don't go back any further than like 1986

Tyler can have his opinion, but he can't deny the path that these cats paved. These tracks alone have been sampled/bitten countless times. Yeah, we evolve, but we gotta keep in mind and remember where we came from. If Tyler can't respect that, he should stop rapping and stick to his show on Adult Swim... he seems more comfortable there anyway.
    loch121 wrote: »
    J. Rob wrote: »
    He's kinda right.....I mean, I respect the pioneers of hip hop.....but lets not act like those early to mid 80s rappers were lyrical geniuses. Granted, hip hop hadn't advanced yet......but do y'all really think ? bump Kurtis Blow? Or Sugarhill Gang? Naw, that ? is wack now. Most people who bump old school usually don't go back any further than like 1986
    Some of those same old styles and cadences are being used in the biggest hits today.Beez in the trap has that old era hip hop and flow and half the south sound like 80's MCs.

Simple,big voices,party music,catchy styles.There are plenty of dope songs from that era if your mind is open to listen in the proper context.

They were inventing something never heard before.Of course rap advanced, but to call them wack is disrespectful.That's like Tyrese calling Marvin Gaye wack.

It sounds more like he's saying that he doesn't those early rappers anything because he doesn't represent the same thing as them. He says that they embodied hip-hop but that he doesn't, which is why he doesn't want to be called that.

I'm not that familiar with his music, so I don't know how much of his music is technically influenced by them, but if there's no influence then he does have a point.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why young rap ? the only ones that disrespect their forefathers?

i've never heard kurt cobain say '? bob dylan' or ? like that..

what really gives him tha right, really? he aint even sold any records..

? him & his opinion..

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    that ? says ? to get ppl tight
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he sounds like some posters on here
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we still talking bout Odd Future these days?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    really, ? hip hop
    that ? was and is wack
    tyler a corny, ? made lil dude and he might not even believe the ? he sayin but he got a point
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude is being ironic
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody throw that ? a ball of marshmellowed corn ....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't respect nobody that don't respect the culture. This guy needs to just stop, and i'm tired of white boys telling me how good he is
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    Options
    he kinda got a point. but whats this ? about rah digga?
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    really, ? hip hop
    that ? was and is wack
    tyler a corny, ? made lil dude and he might not even believe the ? he sayin but he got a point

What I entered the thread to say.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea I bet u the first car's produced were wack too, doesn't take away from the platform they set for todays vehicles ....
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the platform and all that is cool
    respect them for what they brought to the game and whatever whatever
    but all that, "he's not hip hop cuz he don't this" and "he's not hip hop cuz he don't say that" ? is straight ?
    ? with them types of mentalities make muhfuckas say ? hip hop
    i can have respect for the old ? without dickriding can't i?
    if that ? ain't my cup of tea i can respectfully say that without a ? shunning my every opinion from then on out can't i?
    no, cuz it don't work like that
    let a ? say, "oh i'm a future fan, i like his ? way better than run dmc" a ? gon dismiss every word you have to say on the subject of hip hop from that point on until you die
    so with all due respect, ? hip hop in the ass
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @backnwhite tyler has no respect, that's the difference between u and him
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His opinion, why should I care?

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree with him... hip-hop back in the 80's was more party music than anything... I don't even see why ? get mad at Waka now a days when, them old skool ? wearing them tight ass yellow spandex with goggles and furs be dancing around in them music videos, rapping and lookin like ghetto superheroes. Y'all ? get mad at Wayne for rocking ? cheetah print leggings, but turn face when they see old school ? on their feminine, ? -esque ? ..

• DreadsRIGHT
    DreadsRIGHT Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude wack but hes saying some real ? ...

Most hip hop is garbage especially that old ?
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Tyler : "Im gonna act like Im ranting about something meaningless on twitter to coverup the fact Im attention ? "
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i dont understand how you go off on hip hop for wat fans say to you......y disrespect the pioneers as if they did something to you...dude taking his rage out on the wrong people lol.....
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    lol i dont understand how you go off on hip hop for wat fans say to you......y disrespect the pioneers as if they did something to you...dude taking his rage out on the wrong people lol.....

• Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    why young rap ? the only ones that disrespect their forefathers?

i've never heard kurt cobain say '? bob dylan' or ? like that..

what really gives him tha right, really? he aint even sold any records..

? him & his opinion..

i say this all the time

and i feel that rappers who diss hip hop history have no business rappin
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i only listen to frank ocean because hes actually focused on his music not side shenanagins. Herd a few tracks from the rest of them ? and i just can't get down to that ? .
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyler is a ? ........
  • Tr0pman
    Tr0pman Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Options