8-9 months ago people were saying Nicki/Drake were bigger than Wayne, what caused the downspiral ?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Reason
Nicki Mania was everywhere and it seemed that Drake could do no wrong, fastforward and the current status of both Nicki/Drake isn't as high as people predicted....

Drake is putting up big numbers but still not the numbers the hype predicted.... On the other hand Nicki the girl who had the media/radio in her palms fell flat on her face....

Now we cannot doubt how hot both of them were or are no matter what we think of their skillsets. The question is why neither blew on the same level of their mentor LiL Wayne when it seemed they were step for step or in Nicki's case even ahead of him ?

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i doubt it has anything to do with wayne being in the game for over 15 years and having 7/8 albums.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i doubt it has anything to do with wayne being in the game for over 15 years and having 7/8 albums.

I also doubt that....

• FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    Drizzy seems to be selling a helluva lot more records than nas tho
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TIme and circumstance. Everybody awarded 15 minutes and Nas been in the game 20 years
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nas has Multi-platinum albums, Drake doesn't.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone is a fad. very few consistently sell records. Agree with @king hassan 100%
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that whole conglomerate is on borrowed time..
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Drake got 2 songs in the top 20 right now.... only rapper on there besides Nicki with that wackass Starships song

I don;t know if Wayne bigger though... he is than Nicki probably
    Drake selling more than Jay-Z and Kanye combined with WTT right now
    not taking anything away for the both of them.. but if we talking right now... drake popular right now
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake seems to be sucking a helluva lot more ? than street ? though LOL

No Drake hate.Drake is still selling.he over 1.5

Nikki just makes wack music and her gimmick grew annoying fast

• Mr.Player
    Mr.Player Members Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    drakes still on top nickis the one who feel off its a good thing wayne is loyal 2 his people cause if i was him nicki woulda got dropped from the label the min stupid hoe dropped
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mr.Player wrote: »
    drakes still on top nickis the one who feel off its a good thing wayne is loyal 2 his people cause if i was him nicki would got dropped from the label the min stupid hoe dropped

I mean for her to try distancing herself and start firing her management because she thought she was about to take off to the moon solo its gotta be a loyalty thing for wayne to still keep her around .....

or dollar signs.

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you wanted this thread to have any credibility you would have left your Drake hate at the door. If Nicki was what this thread was about then it could be easily co-signed.

How Drake fall below expectations after breaking the #1's record? Still selling consistently going up toward 2 mil. He aint match the hype after outselling a Kanye and Jay JOINT album?

After seeing Nicki second week sales though she could end up consistently selling her way up to gold and maybe plat like the first Pink Friday did.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you wanted this thread to have any credibility you would have left your Drake hate at the door. If Nicki was what this thread was about then it could be easily co-signed.

How Drake fall below expectations after breaking the #1's record? Still selling consistently going up toward 2 mil. He aint match the hype after outselling a Kanye and Jay JOINT album?

After seeing Nicki second week sales though she could end up consistently selling her way up to gold and maybe plat like the first Pink Friday did.

where is the drake hate, folks were saying drake was bigger than wayne he sold 1 million his first week all i'm asking is what caused the downspiral ....
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake is bigger than Wayne imo
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    Drake is bigger than Wayne imo

everyone's entitled to their own opinion, fact is wayne has outsold drake ...

• PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    lmao at the ? in this thread
    Nas bigger than Young Money?
    Who said Drake would be bigger than Wayne?
    crazy talk
  • Meet The Sniper
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    crazy talk

This is what I wanna know though cuh.

Every time a YM album drops and it outsells whatever flop their favorite rapper coughed out ? just start making up these claims of people overhyping it so they can feel like YM failed at something. "LOL ONLY A MILLION? I THOUGHT YOU GUYS SAID CARTER 3 WAS GOING TO SELL 40 BILLION ALBUMS THE FIRST WEEK. THE YM SHIP IS SINKING"
  • Mr.Player
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    crazy talk

This is what I wanna know though cuh.

Every time a YM album drops and it outsells whatever flop their favorite rapper coughed out ? just start making up these claims of people overhyping it so they can feel like YM failed at something. "LOL ONLY A MILLION? I THOUGHT YOU GUYS SAID CARTER 3 WAS GOING TO SELL 40 BILLION ALBUMS THE FIRST WEEK. THE YM SHIP IS SINKING"

CO-SIGN BIG TIME although they havhad some fails Rebirth was hella garbage nickis 2nd album garbage
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao 5 letters YMCMB Take Care Roman Reloaded and Careless World in stores now

Dont Get It Twisted coming soon
  • Meet The Sniper
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Downward spiral ? ? Drake is almost 2x platinum he's already outsold his first album..... where you been ?

If I worded my first post better it would have this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Downward spiral ? ? Drake is almost 2x platinum he's already outsold his first album..... where you been ?

he still hasn't sold more than wayne and my memory is sharp which is why last summer I remember cats in this forum saying both nicki/drake had grew to be larger than wayne ......

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicki and Drake were never as big as Wayne in my opinion.

Drake has back-to-back platinum albums in two years he's okay.

Nicki: the novelty might have worn off a bit.
  • Texasmaniac409
    Texasmaniac409 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Illmatic>>>>>>>ymcmb wack ass existence.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah i think they r on their way

wayne worked hard as hell to be one the biggest, most well know rappers

nicki and drake are still fresh in the game
  • Mr.Player
    Options
    Illmatic>>>>>>>ymcmb wack ass existence.

your point?