Just How Big Is Big KRIT In the South?

Options
124»

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    Yeah, north of the DMV is like another world. DC is like the cut off point of southern rap fans. Used to be, at least. Now NY cats are up on southern rap artists a lot more, but it still seems like KRIT is slept on

What about his style should say otherwise tho? No diss at all, Im a big fan but Ive lived in diff parts of the country and see why things are different to those places. Most havent
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big KRIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wack ass Future
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Options
    you superstarcole, that is the best Gif i have ever seen my ? damn lol...

http://youtu.be/-tV7pFQPldo
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    $? wrote: »
    it took outkast until Ms. jackson to have that one big hit.....It took TI until Bring'em out to have that one hit to cross him over out of just being a regional star....It took them both 3 albums each to really cross over to other markets....Krit is on his first official album....give dude some time....not too many artist have the resume Krit does before a major label debut....just continue supporting dude and putting people on him if your a fan like that....he will have his moment....hell it took UGK until international players to cross over with a hit of they're own (I dont count big pimpin) .....Krit seems like he's built for the long haul....it took him 5 years just to get recognized 05 to 2010.....he's going to have to continue to climb that hill.....until he has that one big hit

of course outkast had three plat albums before Ms. Jackson

true but they still hadn't crossed over before that point....im sure they had fans in other regions but that was mostly the south buying all those records...kind of like master p....No limit had gold records before make'em say uh in the south...but thats the song that took no limit over the top

but that's the thing though all those artist already huge supporters in the south before they blew up nationwide..big krit doesn't even have that..not tryin to diss ol boy but it's the truth..i think he'll have like killer mike/devin the dude type of success where he is respected by his peers and will have strong following with a mix of hip hop heads and indie/alternative crowd but he ain't going to be put bumped in the streets or the club like that which is crucial if you want to be huge in the south
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    k
    704Hustla wrote: »
    $? wrote: »
    it took outkast until Ms. jackson to have that one big hit.....It took TI until Bring'em out to have that one hit to cross him over out of just being a regional star....It took them both 3 albums each to really cross over to other markets....Krit is on his first official album....give dude some time....not too many artist have the resume Krit does before a major label debut....just continue supporting dude and putting people on him if your a fan like that....he will have his moment....hell it took UGK until international players to cross over with a hit of they're own (I dont count big pimpin) .....Krit seems like he's built for the long haul....it took him 5 years just to get recognized 05 to 2010.....he's going to have to continue to climb that hill.....until he has that one big hit

of course outkast had three plat albums before Ms. Jackson

true but they still hadn't crossed over before that point....im sure they had fans in other regions but that was mostly the south buying all those records...kind of like master p....No limit had gold records before make'em say uh in the south...but thats the song that took no limit over the top

but that's the thing though all those artist already huge supporters in the south before they blew up nationwide..big krit doesn't even have that..not tryin to diss ol boy but it's the truth..i think he'll have like killer mike/devin the dude type of success where he is respected by his peers and will have strong following with a mix of hip hop heads and indie/alternative crowd but he ain't going to be put bumped in the streets or the club like that which is crucial if you want to be huge in the south

Truth hurts, but a damn shame. He should produce for big name artists to get his credibility up and then drop music of his own.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HLF wrote: »
    If your music aint being played in the club.......your not that big down here.

this is true but false at the same time.. cuz just if you aint playing in a club in texas dont mean you aint hot.. .they just support a different sound in the clubs..
  • Autobot 6ix
    Autobot 6ix Members Posts: 1
    Options
    He is unique in that he is very introspective, he tackles relevant issues and he makes ride music i.e. outkast. Outkast is one of the few to have main stream success and still be a valid underground brand! Just the fact that we are all on this thread discussin' this is proof of the potential for success. That's how music goes there has been good music from the 40 years ago that was way better than the radio stuff but good music serves it's purpose . . . mainstream or not
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a ? ain't got internet access, they ain't neva heard his name before.

I'm willin to bet the ones that do still ain't heard his music.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    I know ? from the Sipp that stay 25-30 minutes from Meridian that say they ain't neva heard of Krit.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never heard of him before, gonna check him out
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not that familiar but if he don't have a stlyle Im really feelin Ima let everybodyelse talk about him!

S.P.C./S.U.C.
    http://youtu.be/jlXTVDpTMhU
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i stayed in Tampa he would get some Radio play with Country ? and the remix..and they also played this song several times on the radio as well...I've been tryin to put ppl on to him as well like others side....Dude is the ? he a can rhyme with the best of em and his production skills are as good as anyone elses in the game right now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXS-EbQvmZk
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    Yeah, north of the DMV is like another world. DC is like the cut off point of southern rap fans. Used to be, at least. Now NY cats are up on southern rap artists a lot more, but it still seems like KRIT is slept on

What about his style should say otherwise tho? No diss at all, Im a big fan but Ive lived in diff parts of the country and see why things are different to those places. Most havent

IMO his music is quality, good subject matter, makes dope beats, etc. Doesn't make those 15 minute insta-hits like some other watered down rappers

Such a shame Money On The Floor didn't blow up.

IMO I wish KRIT had the buzz that 2 Chainz and Future have b/c they're terrible and he actually deserves it
  • Bamabornandraised
    Bamabornandraised Members Posts: 101
    Options
    He's kinda in that same category as curren$y if u ask me. Dude got a lot of fans and people have heard of him but outside of my circle I couldnt tell you who listens to him. He did do a show here in bham though that got sold out which is rare for ANYBODY in Alabama.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True, KRIT and Curren$y are pretty much like 3rd tier in terms of popularity for rappers. Freddie Gibbs, Dom Kennedy, Phil Ade, etc

They're in the same box that Wale & Wiz were in b4 they blew up. Well known on the internet and amongst hiphop heads, but not known by the average fan
  • Bamabornandraised
    Options
    When I say same category as curren$y I dont mean lyrically, I mean fanbase-wise. Where either u know or u dont.
  • Bamabornandraised
    Options
    @c.b.b. Yep u hit the nail right on,the head fam
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    I wouldn't say Krit is in Currensy category

A lot of ? round here know Currensy from the YM days. I doubt they know his post YM ? doe.

If it wasn't for Wayne; Currensy would be in Krit category, if you get what i'm sayin.

To sum it up a lot of ? know Currensy from somethin, but most know Krit from nothin.
  • Mr.Player
    Mr.Player Members Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    Options
    na not inda south he makes good music but he doesnt have any club songs and if u wanna make it in ATLANTA u HAVE 2 have a club banger this aint N.Y where a record label just signs u and drops money behind u in the south i done seen alot of artist selling there mixtapes out there trunks outside the club or givin them out around the city b4 they got buzz u gotta grind down here and u better ? with the DJs heavy even travis porter done said they done bought a few of them ? drinks and took them out 2 eat and ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have hope for him tho, because he is the type of artist with with a small but dedicated fanbase, he won't be breaking sales records but a gold album at one point in his career is not too far a stretch i think
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude has no buzz. im in florida right now and i havent heard ? about or from him. when i was in chicago they would play ti's im flexing but only the ti verses (idk if krit has a verse on that song or not) and they would play 2 chainz verse from money on the floor during mix shows. the only time ive ever heard anyone bumping him was last summer in philly, i went on a burn cruise with a white kid who played the bun b and luda remix to country ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude has no buzz. im in florida right now and i havent heard ? about or from him. when i was in chicago they would play ti's im flexing but only the ti verses (idk if krit has a verse on that song or not) and they would play 2 chainz verse from money on the floor during mix shows. the only time ive ever heard anyone bumping him was last summer in philly, i went on a burn cruise with a white kid who played the bun b and luda remix to country ? .

krit's on the hook for i'm flexin, he doesn't have a verse
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

krit's on the hook for i'm flexin, he doesn't have a verse

damn i used to talk mad ? about the radio out there for editing out his verse lmao. tip should have let him do a verse, i dont know about anywhere else, but that song was decently big in chicago, it would have been a good look.