Options
2»

Comments

• Da Roc
    Da Roc Members Posts: 57
    Options
    zay_24 wrote: »
    Lets see...

Sal offers good ass pizza at a cheap price. Radio Raheem and Buggin Out come in making a disturbance. Blaccs wrong

Sal tells Raheem to turn down the Radio. Raheem Refuses. Blaccs wrong

Sal breaks the radio after warning Raheem not once, but twice to turn it down. Raheem almost chokes Sal to death. Blaccs wrong again.

You see what I'm saying? Sal didn't start the ? so why should he thank mookie for "saving his life" lmao, ? didn't do anything wrong.

He has a small pizza shop in a predominantly black neighborhood. He ain't got no choice but to sell it cheap, lol. Ain't nobody breaking wallets like that for some local pizzeria.

Sal didn't have to break dude's radio either, and he called him "? ". That's what set it all off to begin with. He should've known ? was bout to go down instantly. Should've just called the cops and left it at that.

Raheem and them was wrong for coming at Sal the way they did. No dispute. But it wasn't bout the pictures on the wall so much as just wanting respect. Sal was cool, but he did have a condescending "you ain't ? compared to me" attitude to Buggin Out and Radio earlier. Now if they was white, then what?

Mookie wasn't expecting a thank you from Sal. Just his money. Sal and his boys would've been strung up from some streetlights if Mookie didn't do what he did.
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It wouldn't be a reason for mookie to "do what he did" if Radio Raheem and buggin out didnt act like fuccin animals.
  • Da Roc
    Da Roc Members Posts: 57
    Options
    "Animals"? explain.
  • cigs&tofu
    cigs&tofu Members Posts: 13
    Options
    All that ? would've been avoided if them mufuckas had an AC. It was hot as ? that day and when you're hot the smallest ? will set u off
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bro Interlopers been in the Hood since I can remember. And guess what hate to say it but they have cheaper prices on there goods and services then some black own businesses in the same neighborhood. The reason these interlopers come in.and take over because we show no unity or support to our own or just plain hate to see the next man prosper.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This just proves that Spike is the GOAT black director of social commentary. But yeah, the ? were overly emotional and really caused that incident where the pizzeria got burned down and Radio Raheem got killed.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one that found this movie to be overated? I didn't find it entertaining at all.
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bro Interlopers been in the Hood since I can remember. And guess what hate to say it but they have cheaper prices on there goods and services then some black own businesses in the same neighborhood. The reason these interlopers come in.and take over because we show no unity or support to our own or just plain hate to see the next man prosper.

word
    this is somethin we need addressed

i try to support every black owned(small) business i can thats around but its tuff at times man.
    i can go to the arabs and get my arizona tea for 99cents,
    go to the black owned and they chargin 1.25 + tax,
    like,
    WTF FAM, IT SAYS 99CENTS ON THE ? CAN,lol

alotta these arabs is cool peoples. they learned to cater to what we buy and serve us wit a smile.
    they got the chicken wings,hot sausages,cigarillos, and hair weave that keep us goin on a daily basis.
    it jus bugs me that all this money is jus being given to people who dont even live with us.
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    and i wanna commend most of yall on good responses and not lettin this ? get derailed.

talkin about real issues that still affect us to this day >>>>>>>> talkin about what would u do to keep a ? empire goin