How did Drake become a Hip-Hop icon?

Options
2»

Comments

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    That's your icon, stop looking for private pictures of him bruh that ? ?

gtfoh troll. i asked a question based off his popularity contrasted to his upbringing. personally i liked drake's old ? and his mixtapes. his new ? sucks. bring something to the topic or suck a ? ? boy.

Because of people like you who hate so pointlessly that it forces people to defend him rather than be on the side of the idiots who cant even think of real reasons to hate.

You could talk about his wack ass crooning, his pillow biting lyrics, or his feminine odes of bravado, but instead you spend your time finding over 5 rare pictures of this guy who you seemingly find so wack just to prove what?

His upbringing actually makes his music make even more sense you fool. And who in the world but you has ever called Drake a "hip hop icon"?

Be honest bruh, you got the whole discog on the pod, and the cd inserts on your wall, its all good, you dont gotta turn it into hate cause you cant come to grips with your inibility to make coherent points...

Be easy young'n, itll be ok

i love when the young money reps come on here trying to divert the topic at hand. yet you still can't answer the ? question. i posted the pics just to show how corney this ? was before he got in the hip hop game.

Lol im the young money rep when you making young money topics, ILL, gave you the GOAT...
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ever since ? said "I only care about the music"
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    Drake aint hiding ? unlike ur favorite rapper..
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake aint hiding ? unlike ur favorite rapper..

and with that screen name and avi you ain't hiding that your a ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake is not an icon. Wayne is an icon, but I don't think he deserves to be. His catalogue is ? and he shouldn't even be considered a legend, but his impact on the game is undeniable.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont give a ? what this mutt is mixed with.
    i dont give a ? about his bloodlines good music...

this lil ? drake is the face of all the kids that were raised solely by women, ergo why he has such a massive following.
    they all think alike, they give their hearts to aint ? "women" and then wanna act out when the relationship goes south.

? him and everyone that cosigns him.

yall needs a positive male role model badly.

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake ain't no icon, unless you consider how he has a whole country; Canada (Dry) on his back.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    So much for being optimistic.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    Good Music, Lack of talent, Lil Wayne cosign, Timing.......

c/s

I meant Lack of Talent on a Mainstream level. If Drake had Peers in the Mainstream i repeat with the same level or Higher talent he wouldnt be deemed an Icon.
    Aye when you gone come suck my ? ? Put that mouth to good use instead of trying to rap.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn ? are upset in here
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    both ... drake is being pushed by the machine and he has talent ... he also got cosigned by the right people from J Prince son down in houston to lil wayne ... he also marketed his mixtapes well via collaborations ... his first joint featured alot of underground up coming dudes then he expanded by adding trey songs on the next joints which snuck him in under the radar, most of us hip hop heads didnt see him coming but the hip hop ? and ? that listen to ? music (Stephon Marbury lol) ... we didnt get wind till his bs started hitting the air waves and it was a rap by then cause by then he was def beeing pushed by the machine and his popularity was growing ...

cant knock the hustle tho ... they say the music industry is a game of chess not checkers ... if thats the case drake played one hell of a game of chess with this hip hop ish .... def cant knock it ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ThulsaDoom

Rhetorical I know, but

Vancouver.

Anyone I know that visited/lived in Vancouver loved it.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    raekwon cosigning toronto heavy just gotta make sure you aint got no crazy criminal history
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    Options
    How did he do it, coming from the background he did? raised by a jewish mom in toronto. was on a mainly white tv show, and never lived the life he raps/sings about on his songs.

the proof shows he's a phony, with minimal lyrical talents.

drake-as-a-baby.jpgdrake-as-a-kid1.jpgyoung-drake-picture.jpgtumblr_lj47qqYNTS1qhh0feo1_400.jpgdrake1.jpg

iZ1e4OjIwLXVT.gif

so the real question is drake pushed by the "machine" or is he really talented or is he just a phony?

lol@ this thread & them pix but letz b fa real da highest sellin artist n hiphop is a white racist cracka so r u really suprized@ all about a candian mulatto blowin up? well im not da white man runz hiphop now so of course they would rather have da half white rapper like drake blow instead of a wale or a kendrick but im not mad @ drake but we all know y hez n da position hez n 2day & thatz his WHITENESS hiphop is so white wash;d now itz not funnie...
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options
    Well his uncle's one of the greatest bassists of all time so I'm sure he's been around great musicians all of his life, his content isn't my cup of tea but he knows how to make a catchy song and can create an opus for ignorant women looking for an Aubrey Mcsimp to come and save them. How could he not blow up is the question.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because of women and the ? community..end of thread
  • Mr.Player
    Mr.Player Members Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    Options
    he does live the life he raps about he told his past on this song&how he got famous
    http://youtu.be/23ederDhWp4

and now that his famous and has money he gets 2 live the life he raps about clearly u dont listen 2 drakes lyrics
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 letters YMCMB