• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay really took dude flow
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I thought this was common knowledge. i used to ? with jaz o until them youtube hate
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z daddy lol
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad ya'll doing the knowledge.

Now ya'll know where Jay got some of his style from..besides Kane and Big of course.
  • mc317
    Options
    ^thats some nice ass there! Lol
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z is a thief. I'm so mad at this. He should get all the props he gets. He maybe is a great businessmen but he is overrated rapper who stole other flows and lyrics.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know jay-z was one of the first artist to admit he aint with direct competition i mean jayz even acted like the game was trying to ride in his lane and the game imo isnt anything like jayz rap wise .... but jayz is almost an carbon coopy of jayz they only differ in skin complexion lol i wonder if that had something to do with jayz not really trying to help jazo come up ??
  • antarticp
    Options
    dame even said in a documentary that the crystal look the platinum watches and the 4.6 range was Biggs swag he came thru with all that ... but he didnt say he came with everything but those specific things was Biggs swag .....
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jaz is the perfect example of talented without star quality. Seem like Jay was going to be like that also before 98(97).
  • antarticp
    Options
    Jaz is the perfect example of talented without star quality. Seem like Jay was going to be like that also before 98(97).

do you think jayz has star quality or hes just a great hustler ??

imo hes just an hustler cause he played the game so well ...

star quality imo is someone like Dmx .... or even Nas .... poeple who just blow up organically ... there was no movment or $$$$$$ behind thier machine to really push it to the masses .... Cheef keef has the same potential ... not the most greatest lyricist but imo he has a Star quality about him ............

• poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everytime i hear one of these old rocafella cuts i find myself doing the jigga robot hands
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

star quality imo is someone like Dmx .... or even Nas .... poeple who just blow up organically ... there was no movment or $$$$$$ behind thier machine to really push it to the masses .... Cheef keef has the same potential ... not the most greatest lyricist but imo he has a Star quality about him ............
    antarticp wrote: »

Chief Keef star quality? Are you ? serious dog?

I agree with DMX, not so much about Nas. Nas is one of my GOATs but star quality isn't synonymous with something blowing up organically.

Method Man is star quality, Snoop Dogg is star quality, DMX is star quality, 2pac is star quality, ODB is star quality, Ghostface is star quality, Eazy E is star quality, Ice Cube is star quality, 50 is star quality and the list goes on.

Why? Because they have/had something intriguing about them. Whether it was their life story and background, the way they present their art, the way they act and move, and things like that.

Something about Method Man just stood out when Wu came on the scene. His style, his voice, the look, the wild hair, his stage presence and so on was the cream on top of the music.

Chief Keef? ? please. As much as i love Nas, wouldn't necessarely agree.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont want take nothing from jay, but damn..

somebody was ghostwriting for somebody. their styles were nearly identical..
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i bet they both got that ? from sauce, he prolly wrote both them ? ?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    new ? dont know none of the ? bout Jaz and Sauce.... Jay dem ? sons
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, they're just both basing their flow on Kane.
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's new about this? They always rapped almost identical, including sauce money. Idk can't speculate on who started what when n who wrote what but that's a fact that anyone can find and hear. If u said young Chris n hov flow blueprint to kingdom come days I'd say yeah Chris got his flow bit but hov then was a Kane biter so I guess so was jaz.
  • mc317
    Options
    Jay Z is frankenstein
    Jaz flow
    Kane style
    Biggies life
    Calvin Kleins mouth
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    back when rapping was the norm... as opposed to just talking in a slack-jawed style to a beat...
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That flow is undeniable.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Jaz-O wasnt connected to Jay-Z back story not nobody in here would know bout his existence. On some Bruse Wane ?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw... If u was old enough and followed rap u knew... Yougins don't know tho which is sad
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Naw... If u was old enough and followed rap u knew... Yougins don't know tho which is sad

JazO wasn't on nobody radar like that. He had one hit and i barely remember it outside of it being mentioned in the context of Jay-Z. I was a youngin in the 80s but i was old enough to go to block parties on my own and nobody was playing JazO ? in the hood. It was Rakim and EPMD etc etc.
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    no wonder why dis ? always be lookin sad as ? !
    BcXUHPMIIAAT1YN.jpg