I said it once say it again Jay Z is a wack Rapper to me get over it

Options
DiplomatsCam
DiplomatsCam Members Posts: 159
edited May 2012 in The Reason
5 Simple Reasons.

What he Raps about Money, Drugs, Cars etc lacks a lotta Songs with Substance, his Music isn't moving or makes you relate to what he saying.

His catalouge heard every Album and while i can admit Reasonable Doubt was good didn't enjoy any of his Albums they were boring to me and lacked replay value and the fact he made so many poor Albums.

He always gets RnB Singers on many Songs to do the Hook and if you heard 1 Jay Z Song you heard them all 1 dimensional Topics, lack of Substance, Formulatic method of RnB Singer on Hook.

Rappers that make similar Music to him as far as Subject Matter, Style, Topics like Mase, Rick Ross, Fabolous, Camron, T.I. etc are better Musically and have better Albums IMO.

He isn't a good Song Writer in what he says Lyrically, being Deep and putting Emotion in his Music is big weakness for him. And he never been able to craft good Hooks for Hits.

Comments

• jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so...your saying Jay-Z is undeniably the Greatest of All Time?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Thank you for telling us this for the millionth time
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1: Has a ton of songs people relate to

2: Your opinion, if it comes down to preference what can anyone say. To dismiss Vol 1, BP, BA, AG is kind of foolish to me, but ok.

3: All of his song do not sound the same. Every rapper talks about the same things, it is the direction in how they do such and I take no issue with Jay-Z covering the same topic from different angles. It is prolific and not predictable at all.

4: That is 100 percent subjective and I agree with none of that one.

5: His music does not have a problem with emotion. I do not agree with this at all.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you're not over it.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    Sounds like you're not over it.

I don't need to cos when i'm chilling with homiez kicking it no 1 says yo i'm gonna put on a Jay Z Song. I don't know anyone that listens to him that i ever come across wether black, white, poor, rich, young i haven't come across anyone period who listened to his Music outside the net.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Shadyteam, lemme throw eggs at your butt
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    I listened to every Jay Z Album from Reasonable Doubt to Watch The Throne, gave them all a listen from start to finish and not just listened to once gave them a few chances even after the initial disapointment. So what more can you ask?

I just didn't enjoy his Music at all for the simple reasons i described.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though he has fell the ? off, he ain't nowhere near wack.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-z is a million times better than eminem. ? , even jaz-o is thousands of times better than em
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    Even though he has fell the ? off, he ain't nowhere near wack.

It's all opinion to me he is. Some will agree some wont but that's my opinion after hearing his Music.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a very talented rapper, but based on his catalog (which I judge artists by), he's between above average and good.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    Bloke.jpg

Cah you can't handle others opinions of ya idol.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    I think Memphis Bleek and even Gunplay from Triple Cs are a million times better than Jay Z

Even Oschino and Neef are a million times better than Jay Z
  • alphajjc
    alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn is illbot sleeping with ShadyTeam or something? Look at the first page and all of the threads.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    Honestly i enjoyed Vanilla Ices Music more than Jay Z's
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its 2012 and he still rapping about 1988. You ? right he wack
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Honestly i enjoyed Vanilla Ices Music more than Jay Z's

Vanilla Ice has more hits than eminem and sold more than him. so he must be better!!!
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? said Vanilla Ice.

Ninja Turtle Rap>>>>Jay's catalogue and Blue Ivy Carter
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    Eminem made Songs like Rock Bottom, Beautiful, Going Through Changes, Not Afraid, If I Had

2pac made Songs like Dear Mama, Brendas Got A Baby, Changes, Keep Ya Head Up

Nas made Songs like One Mic, My Country, America

Jay Z Songs about selling drugs, how much money he has, how much cars, jewels he has
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

Thing is as much as people hate on Eminem, 2pac, Nas the fact is they have countless Songs with Substance, touching on emotions, getting Deep even if they have other types of Songs those Songs they have are over 50-60 Songs like that.

With Jay Z it is a fact 95% of his Songs and Music is Songs about selling drugs, money and wealth this what angers the Jay stans that when people point this out it's a fact

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

Thing is as much as people hate on Eminem, 2pac, Nas the fact is they have countless Songs with Substance, touching on emotions, getting Deep even if they have other types of Songs those Songs they have are over 50-60 Songs like that.

With Jay Z it is a fact 95% of his Songs and Music is Songs about selling drugs, money and wealth this what angers the Jay stans that when people point this out it's a fact

nobody hates on pac or nas. stop bundling em's wackass with the GOATS
  • DiplomatsCam
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    This ? said Vanilla Ice.

Ninja Turtle Rap>>>>Jay's catalogue and Blue Ivy Carter

When people who like Jay Z say they like Jay it's cos they entertained by the money, selling drugs, wealth Raps no 1 likes him cos they can relate unless they are a Drug King pin that drives a Maybach, lives in a Mansion and are wealthy as ? .

When most people say they like Eminem it's cos they relate to a lotta his Music like Rock Bottom, Beautiful, Mockingbird, Hailies Song

When most people say they llike 2pac it's cos they can relate to a lotta his Music like Dear Mama, Changes, Brendas Got A Baby

Same with Nas, ZRO, Scarface

That's what makes Jay Z wack to people that don't like him his lack of Subject Matter and Emotion and making the listeners connect he can't make Music like that.