SCHOOL ME ON THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN C.O.D BLACKOPS AND C.O.D MODERN WARFAIR.

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in IllGaming
Like seriously, both these games are mid core to me and don't hold my interest. After perfect dark, goldeneye64, G.T.A 4 and halo none of these games really move me. With that said i'm really trying to figure out what's so different about these games. what makes you like one over the other when it's basically the same game(in my opinion)?

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elephant Ears and Vinegar fries at the State Fair are GOAT.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elephant Ears and Vinegar fries at the State Fair are GOAT.

where?

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't know then I can't help you bruh
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting paid right now to sit on my ass
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @stoneface

At the South Carolina State Fair. I be getting fat as ? stuffing my face with Elephant Ears B.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yuck @ elephant ears....? is nothin but buttered up grease bread suffocated in cinnamon
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's like eating an apple pie from Sara Lee then eating another that's generic, they're both the same in different packaging.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a big CoD fan either, but if I had to choose one over the other I'ma have to say Black Ops.....Treyarch's games tend to be more of actual games on the single player side whereas Infinity Ward's joints are getting to be on some almost Dragon's Lair type ? ....both games have a lot of scripted sequences but Modern Warfare 3 took that ? to a new extreme.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    It's like eating an apple pie from Sara Lee then eating another that's generic, they're both the same in different packaging.
    sort of like c.o.d and battlefield?
    I'm not a big CoD fan either, but if I had to choose one over the other I'ma have to say Black Ops.....Treyarch's games tend to be more of actual games on the single player side whereas Infinity Ward's joints are getting to be on some almost Dragon's Lair type ? ....both games have a lot of scripted sequences but Modern Warfare 3 took that ? to a new extreme.
    so the only difference is that one has a bunch of cut scenes and the other has less? game play and story are pretty much the same?

• PILL_COSBY
    Options
    If they don't hold your interest why are you enquiring about more information on them?
    I thought c.o.d black ops and modern warfare were just sequels of c.o.d. But then I figured out that they weren't sequels at all. I played c.o.d when it was just c.o.d then came c.o.d 4: modern warfare. After that it was just called c.o.d modern warfare 2. Next, black ops came out and I thought that was a new game. After that modern warfare 3 came out and now i'm confused. Now black ops 2 is coming out and now i'm just lost lol.

which brings me to this question.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the only difference is that one has a bunch of cut scenes and the other has less? game play and story are pretty much the same?

Not cutscenes, scripted sequences. Basically playable cutscenes.
    Where something happens and you play through it, but you really can't do ? about it.
    Black Ops had alot of em, but on MW3 some ? happened every 5 or 6 steps you took. It made that game feel more like an interactive movie than a game.

• PILL_COSBY
    Options

Not cutscenes, scripted sequences. Basically playable cutscenes.
    Where something happens and you play through it, but you really can't do ? about it.
    Black Ops had alot of em, but on MW3 some ? happened every 5 or 6 steps you took. It made that game feel more like an interactive movie than a game.
    oh, I see now. The problem with these games I have is this very thing. The game play is lame and kinda boring to me. They focus more on the "flash" and action sequences. All those graphics with mid core game play. I guess If people never experienced the games I posted they will think these games are g.o.a.t FPS lol. It's little things that make the game mid core. You got this big ass bad ass realistic looking gun in your hands. But when you shoot it it feels pretty much like the other guns. When you ? somebody they all die the same way no matter what gun. The explosions look good but they don't "feel like a real explosion ya feel me? shooting down a chopper with a rocket launcher doesn't feel like you just shot down a chopper with a rocket launcher lol. The gun fire looks hella generic too I noticed.

• BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me the online play is the same... just different maps guns and perks