Hot 97 Announces 2012 Summer Jam Line Up...

Options

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

Summer Jam 2007

R&B superstar Ne-Yo and Fabolous , Alicia Keys, Ray J, Yung Berg, Lil Wayne, T-Pain, D-Block and Public Enemy all touched down on the Summer Jam stage. Surprise guests included Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, N.O.R.E., LL Cool J, Fat Joe, Akon, Rick Ross, Jim Jones

Summer Jam 2009

.With the premiere of Jay-Z’s "Death of Autotune" live with Mister Cee and Funkmaster Flex, fans knew an appearance from Hov was likely. Out of the darkness and smoke, the greatest of all time Jay-Z emerged dressed in all black. Brooklyn’s ambassador needed no introduction as the crowd’s deafening roar embraced him. Jay’s DOA had been released only two days before Summer Jam, yet the audience mouthed every word.

Other artists: Mary J Blige, T-Pain, The Dream, Jadakiss, Young Jeezy, Elephant Man, Mavado, Serani, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana & Pleasure P

Summer Jam 2010

Artist Lineup: Usher, Drake, Trey Songz, Nicki Minaj, Ludacris, Juelz Santana, Fabolous, Gucci Mane, Talib Kweli + Hi-Tek and DJ Khaled

• mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad to say but most rap is terrible live. Most artist dont have the stage presence to appeal to a really large crowd. oddly i think Nicki Minaj will be one of the better performers just because shes got the $$ for really good production for her set. shout out to Big sean and J.cole they try to give the crowd a show.

Bonnaroo>>Summer Jam
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WOOOOHHHH

That concert is gonna be hyped with Wacka & 2-Chainz...Nicki thick-ass doing ? with Big Sean and then my boy Frenchie tearing the stage down with "Shot Calla" when Diddy make a surprise apperance.

I told Gen. Stasia like 2 years back that French was gone blow and she called me a lie...back when Mac wit da Cheese first dropped.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    lol@ bang em smurf fukin up woodfacez set @ da 04 summerjam & woodface aint perform therr since damn i know woodface wasnt gonna show up 2 da 05 summer jam cuz da ggggay-unit got murder;d by GAYME i was n ny that summer 2 & i witness katz sellin STOP SNITCHIN ? on every corner n manhattan & sum standz had a deal if u bought a stop snitchin tee u would get a free mixtape wit woodface dissez & woodface was on da cover huggin da COPZ 05 was a great summer! lol
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    Let me know when Rock The Bells list comes up.

It drops May 15th. Ima make a thread for it like I do every year.. I'm expecting it to be different this year. They had Three 6 Mafia, Dipset, Odd Future, Kendrick Lamar, Boot Camp Clik, DJ Quik at the Paid Dues festival so I wouldn't be surprised to see those faces.. Of course Wu gon be there in some capacity. I doubt Nas will be there this year. Hopefully no Lauryn Hill.. I bet we'll see Mobb again. Slaughterhouse probably.. Probably the whole TDE. I missed the 2010 show so I still have never seen Tribe in my life. But we'll see what surprises they'll throw at us.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ? with like half the artists on this page and seen about half of them at former hot jams in CT and honestly i don't think this is a lineup this is worth driving in jersey turnpike traffic and paying way to much to see them all in one place. Especally since these guys do hella quick sets and only can perform the main hit and a few hits instead of their mixtape or street anthems.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    Smh @ the pre-concert lineup shittin all over the actual one

"Summer Jam Festival Pre-Show" lineup: Pusha T, Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky, School Boy Q, Big K.R.I.T. etc.

got damn shame smh...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    i ? with like half the artists on this page and seen about half of them at former hot jams in CT and honestly i don't think this is a lineup this is worth driving in jersey turnpike traffic and paying way to much to see them all in one place. Especally since these guys do hella quick sets and only can perform the main hit and a few hits instead of their mixtape or street anthems.

ppl in CT say hella? lol
  • gunot_killa
    gunot_killa Members Posts: 1,330
    Options
    WOAT lineup. Crips summer jam is just around the corner. The lineup this year is..............

Spider loc
    40 glocc
    Z ro
    Snoopy blue
    Brotha lynch hung
    Mc eiht
    Jayo felony
    Daz dillenger
    Nipsey hustle
    WC
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Jeezy gone put

"Summer Jam Festival Pre-Show" lineup: Pusha T, Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky, School Boy Q, Big K.R.I.T. etc.

Summer Jam is supposed to be hype, not dull and tiresome. I'm a fan of every name listed here, but I really would not want to sit in a Summer Jam crowd and bore myself. This year's Summer Jam line-up is hype.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Jeezy gone put

Summer Jam is supposed to be hype, not dull and tiresome. I'm a fan of every name listed here, but I really would not want to sit in a Summer Jam crowd and bore myself. This year's Summer Jam line-up is hype.

Gotta agree with this although i wouldn't mind hearing Section 80, Fear ? and KRIT's music.

Kendrick playin Michael Jordan would be hype tho
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Jeezy gone put

non of those rappers you quoted are dull....
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They forgot to mention the Notorious B.I.G. Hologram.
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    Options
    if im not on there it worthless
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    Options

LMAO for real man....I'd much rather go to the pre-show
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    jeez and ross?

whats gon happen?

nothing

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    you have all the 50 hate videos on deck huh gee and no im not a crakka or faceless

nah therr not hate videoz they r REAL VIDEOZ 2 back up wat im sayin again u can not hate on a hater like WOODFACE! & like i said aint that krazy how after smurf ? ;d up woodface set @ summer jam n 04 he aint neva perform @ summer jam again but this is da clown who RUNZ NY? lol yeah OK ya rite! HA
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Pill lost.

Lol he stays bragging about the dumbest ? on twitter...
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Summer Jam fell the ? off...
    last time ? was popping was when Jay introduced MJ to the stage....that was back in 2000
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Damn Summer Jam fell the ? off...
    last time ? was popping was when Jay introduced MJ to the stage....that was back in 2000

The real Michael Jackson, or Prodigy?
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Summer Jam has fallen the ? off
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Horrible line up.I seen summerjam in boston back in the day.It was 50,fat joe,jadakiss,busta,luda and some other people too.I also caught kanye too on some other summerjma.That ? fell the ? off.
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
    WOAT lineup. Crips summer jam is just around the corner. The lineup this year is..............

Spider choke
    40 ?

Z ro
    Snoopy blue
    Brotha lynch hung
    Mc eiht
    Jayo felony
    Daz dillenger
    Nipsey hustle
    WC

fixed
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    you have all the 50 hate videos on deck huh gee and no im not a crakka or faceless

nah therr not hate videoz they r REAL VIDEOZ 2 back up wat im sayin again u can not hate on a hater like WOODFACE! & like i said aint that krazy how after smurf ? ;d up woodface set @ summer jam n 04 he aint neva perform @ summer jam again but this is da clown who RUNZ NY? lol yeah OK ya rite! HA

i respect that you defended your post without an insult or arguement