Zimmerman says Trayvon circled his SUV, frightened him...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-03/news/os-trayvon-martin-circles-george-zimmerman-20120503_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-source-police-department
Source: Zimmerman says Trayvon circled his SUV, frightened him
6:41 p.m. EST, May 3, 2012|
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff ? , Orlando Sentinel

George Zimmerman told investigators that while he was on the phone with a Sanford police dispatcher reporting Trayvon Martin as suspicious, the teenager was circling his vehicle on foot, a source familiar with the investigation told the Orlando Sentinel.

The source said Zimmerman's account of events hasn't changed in his several statements to police — in which he said he was so unnerved by the teen's behavior that he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation. However, he never mentioned any of that while talking to the dispatcher.

The details revealed by the source provide new insight into what Zimmerman said happened in the earliest moments of his contact with Trayvon. And they may reveal the inconsistencies alluded to by prosecutors in the case.

One of those inconsistencies: Zimmerman told police Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman's mouth during their fight on the night he shot Trayvon.

The Sentinel's source confirmed that Zimmerman's statements include that allegation. But authorities do not believe that happened, the source told the Sentinel, because on one 911 call, someone can be heard screaming for help. If it were Zimmerman, as he claims, his cries were not muffled, the source said.

Zimmerman also told police, the source told the Sentinel, that while the two were on the ground, Trayvon reached for Zimmerman's gun, and the two struggled over it.

Those portions of Zimmerman's account are not corroborated by other evidence, the source said.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said he hasn't yet seen his client's statements to police, and it would be inappropriate for him to address specific evidence in the case.

"It's hard for me to even comment on it," O'Mara said.

Sanford Spokesman Sgt. David Morgenstern said the police department "cannot make any comments on anything related to the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case."

Reached in Birmingham, Ala., Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said Thursday that Zimmerman's claim that he was screaming in the 911 call and that his mouth was covered by the teen don't add up.

"[Trayvon's father] Tracy Martin told me that that's what [police] told him," Crump said, of Zimmerman making those statements to police.

"It's either one or the other, it can't be both," Crump said. "We have to put together this puzzle because, unfortunately, we don't have Trayvon Martin's version" of events.

A spokeswoman for Special Prosecutor Angela Corey declined to comment.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon in a Sanford gated community on Feb. 26. Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. Critics say he is guilty of racial profiling and killing an innocent teenager.

In an audio recording of Zimmerman's call to police that night, Zimmerman says Trayvon is acting suspiciously and describes him as a black teenager when prompted by the dispatcher.

He does not say that Trayvon was circling his vehicle, but that's what he told police later that night and has consistently told authorities in subsequent interviews, according to the Sentinel's source.

Here, according to that source, is the sequence that Zimmerman provided:

Zimmerman spotted Trayvon, called a nonemergency police number and began describing the teenager. While he was doing that, Trayvon came toward his vehicle and began to circle it.

Zimmerman, though, never described that to the dispatcher.

At one point, about halfway through the four-minute call, he told the dispatcher, "Now he's just staring at me. … Now he's coming towards me. He's got his hand in his waistband. … He's coming to check me out."

Trayvon then disappeared, Zimmerman later told authorities, according to the source, and while Zimmerman was still on the phone, he parked his vehicle, got out and began trying to find Trayvon on foot.

Zimmerman can be heard huffing and puffing on the call to police.

"Are you following him?" the dispatcher asks.

"Yeah," Zimmerman said.

"We don't need you to do that," the dispatcher says.

Zimmerman later told investigators he could not find Trayvon, so he turned and was walking back toward his SUV. A short time later, Trayvon approached him from the rear, and the two exchanged words, he told authorities.

Trayvon threw the first punch, he told police. It knocked Zimmerman to the ground, and the teenager then got on top of Zimmerman and began beating his head against a sidewalk, police have said in recounting Zimmerman's version of events.

At an April 20 bond hearing in Sanford, Dale Gilbreath, an investigator for Special Prosecutor Angela Corey, testified that Zimmerman told authorities he was frightened because Trayvon circled him while he sat in his SUV.

Gilbreath described that as one of the inconsistencies in Zimmerman's story — because getting out of the vehicle and looking for the teen is not the act of someone who is afraid.

Gilbreath did not testify that Zimmerman claimed the circling happened while he was on the phone with the dispatcher.

Gilbreath also testified briefly about Zimmerman telling police that Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman's mouth during the fight.

Several audio experts who have analyzed the 911 tapes for the Sentinel and other news outlets have said they believe it is Trayvon's voice — not Zimmerman's — crying out for help. However, Gilbreath testified that similar identification attempts by law enforcement were fruitless.

This ? ass dude is changing his story again.. How this ? is out on bail is mind boggling...

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope he has protection cuz someone is gonna get him.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His story changing like the weather.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the time this goes to trial Zimmerman is gonna say Treyvon grabbed his gun and shot himself.This fool got more stories than Rose on Golden Girls
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of white peple do get shook when they see a black person near there car.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    By the time this goes to trial Zimmerman is gonna say Treyvon grabbed his gun and shot himself.This fool got more stories than Rose on Golden Girls

Trill ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zimmerman could be telling the truth, who knows. We weren't there, there's a phone call to 911 that provides evidence and probable situations based on the calls, such as Trayvon circling the car. We do know this as a fact, Zimmerman lost him and somehow they both ended up meeting. I do believe Trayvon stood his ground and attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman did ? him.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Jury nullification will convict Zimmerman regardless of the facts...so everything is irrelevant.

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So he reacted like the dude was a wild animal circling your car....why get the ? out yo ? then
  • VIBE
    Options
    How do we know in what manner Trayvon circled the SUV? Was it up on the SUV in the street or was it from afar, checking who it was?
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    someone got their panties in bunch and flagged all the posts...SMH
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Zimmerman could be telling the truth, who knows. We weren't there, there's a phone call to 911 that provides evidence and probable situations based on the calls, such as Trayvon circling the car. We do know this as a fact, Zimmerman lost him and somehow they both ended up meeting. I do believe Trayvon stood his ground and attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman did ? him.

your right.... however if this did occur and zimmerman felt he was in scared why did he get out his truck? .. and he was on the phone w/ the operator alil after he first spotted trayvon up until he got out his car to follow him on foot and than proceeded to lose sight of him, why not mention that this menacing looking guy who you were following is now circling your vehicle to the operator? just doesn't add up...
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only was this kid suspicious but he was also terrifying. I don't follow suspicious people who scare me.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only was this kid suspicious but he was also terrifying. I don't follow suspicious people who scare me.
    You'll never become the first victim in a horror movie by thinking like that yo.
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was so frightened that he got out of his car and followed him? Weird. I would've just drove away.
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bottom line is this man had a gun on him a felt like the hulk because of it. Once he stalked this kid and the kid showed him he wasn't the hulk he thought he was he shot him. I bet you Zimmerman is one of those rogue white dudes who didn't pass the police exam but decided he watched cops enough to know how to do the job. That's why he was out there doing what he was doing. He expected some kind of G-Man badge and prolly thought that would be his golden ticket into law enforcement. How wrong he was.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So all kids don't fight back? Most teens are obnoxious, cocky ? who cause trouble for the ? of it. I was one of them, especially when confronted by someone older, you pop off at the mouth. The evidence shows he was shot in the chest, meaning he was facing Zimmerman. They obviously had words, my feeling is both were physical. Trayvon was defending himself and Zimmerman shot, Zimmerman may have even tried to get ahold of Travyon and hold him until police came.

• fiat_money
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    ? Sanchez wrote: »
    So all kids don't fight back? Most teens are obnoxious, cocky ? who cause trouble for the ? of it. I was one of them, especially when confronted by someone older, you pop off at the mouth. The evidence shows he was shot in the chest, meaning he was facing Zimmerman. They obviously had words, my feeling is both were physical. Trayvon was defending himself and Zimmerman shot, Zimmerman may have even tried to get ahold of Travyon and hold him until police came.

They dont hear you though, it involves a black person that died.. They are biased as ? ..

I dont give a ? though, zimmerman could get the death penalty for all i care

The reason why you are defending Zimmerman is because he's white, period point blank, and you are a racist.

There were no grass stains on his clothes. He didn't have any gauze or bandages, even though he claimed he was attacked. If he was in danger, he would have been screaming for help instead of Trayvon. He has a history of violent behavior towards other police and towards women. You won't think about it logically because you're a prejudiced ? who is quite biased himself. Never become a lawyer, BTW.
    There were multiple witnesses that say they saw Zimmerman and Treyvon fighting/scuffling on the ground. One witness says he saw Zimmerman on his back being attacked and yelling for help. The police station video shows abrasions to Zimmerman's head. One picture has been released showing abrasions to Zimmerman's head. The police report notes that Zimmerman's head and nose were bleeding. The EMS tape says Zimmerman received treatment. The police report says Zimmerman received treatment from the EMT's. And Zimmerman's lawyer says they have medical records confirming a broken nose.

So without grass stains and gauze/bandages; there is still plenty supporting that there was a fight and that he incurred injuries.
  • fiat_money
    Options
    Fiat she might flag you for "defending" zimmerman.. ? aint logical..
    SMH @ ? false flagging out chea.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »

They dont hear you though, it involves a black person that died.. They are biased as ? ..

The reason why you are defending Zimmerman is because he's white, period point blank, and you are a racist.

There were no grass stains on his clothes. He didn't have any gauze or bandages, even though he claimed he was attacked. If he was in danger, he would have been screaming for help instead of Trayvon. He has a history of violent behavior towards other police and towards women. You won't think about it logically because you're a prejudiced ? who is quite biased himself. Never become a lawyer, BTW.
    There were multiple witnesses that say they saw Zimmerman and Treyvon fighting/scuffling on the ground. One witness says he Zimmerman on his back being attacked and yelling for help. The police station video shows abrasions to Zimmerman's head. One picture has been released showing abrasions to Zimmerman's head. The police report notes that Zimmerman's head and nose were bleeding. The EMS tape says Zimmerman received treatment. The police report says Zimmerman received treatment from the EMT's. And Zimmerman's lawyer says they have medical records confirming a broken nose.

1. Trayvon could have been defending himself, however, seeing two people scuffle on the ground doesn't mean that the teen started the physical altercation. Unless witnesses actually saw Trayvon physically attack Zimmerman first, that piece of evidence means nothing. Also, the screams coming from the 911 call where NOT identified as Zimmerman's. Two audio experts identified the screams as Trayvon Martin's voice, so the account of Zimmerman calling for help is false. Also, another neighbor testified that the screaming stopped after a gunshot went off, contradicting Zimmerman's account of fearing for his life during the altercation.

2. There are two videos of Zimmerman walking into the police station. The first one does NOT show any abrasions to the head nor do they show any evidence of a broken nose. If Zimmerman had wounds and bruises that were that serious, EMS would have no choice but to take him to the hospital to check him out. Also, if your nose is broken, there is no way that you would not at least have gauze on to stop the bleeding. You wouldn't be able to treat these wounds in a matter of minutes.

3. Police reports can be faked. Their reluctance to share all the evidence until a month later leaves room for suspicion, especially since they swept his murder under the rug three days after he was killed.

any and everytime i saw someone with a broken nose...they eyes usually swelled up too
  • fiat_money
    edited May 2012
    Options

There were multiple witnesses that say they saw Zimmerman and Treyvon fighting/scuffling on the ground. One witness says he Zimmerman on his back being attacked and yelling for help. The police station video shows abrasions to Zimmerman's head. One picture has been released showing abrasions to Zimmerman's head. The police report notes that Zimmerman's head and nose were bleeding. The EMS tape says Zimmerman received treatment. The police report says Zimmerman received treatment from the EMT's. And Zimmerman's lawyer says they have medical records confirming a broken nose.

1. Trayvon could have been defending himself, however, seeing two people scuffle on the ground doesn't mean that the teen started the physical altercation. Unless witnesses actually saw Trayvon physically attack Zimmerman first, that piece of evidence means nothing. Also, the screams coming from the 911 call where NOT identified as Zimmerman's. Two audio experts identified the screams as Trayvon Martin's voice, so the account of Zimmerman calling for help is false. Also, another neighbor testified that the screaming stopped after a gunshot went off, contradicting Zimmerman's account of fearing for his life during the altercation.

2. There are two videos of Zimmerman walking into the police station. The first one does NOT show any abrasions to the head nor do they show any evidence of a broken nose. If Zimmerman had wounds and bruises that were that serious, EMS would have no choice but to take him to the hospital to check him out. Also, if your nose is broken, there is no way that you would not at least have gauze on to stop the bleeding. You wouldn't be able to treat these wounds in a matter of minutes.

3. Police reports can be faked. Their reluctance to share all the evidence until a month later leaves room for suspicion, especially since they swept his murder under the rug three days after he was killed.
    1. You said "There were no grass stains on his clothes.", grass stains would only be indicative of a scuffle/fight on the ground, not of self-defense or provocation. So my reply mentioned nothing of provocation. The voice on the tape was not identified as Treyvon's either--they've yet to confirm it as Treyvon's--they only concluded that it wasn't Zimmerman; and even if it was Treyvon's voice on the 911 tape, that doesn't mean that Zimmerman never screamed for help at any point. Saying the screaming stopped after the gunshot only means it stopped after the gunshot; it's conjecture to use it to speculate about whether Zimmerman experienced far or not.

The abrasions are visible in all three versions of the video.

First version:
    ibwMqWV8LZnIT6.png

Second version:
    iORbfXoorYYzP.png

Third version:
    ihWl0teQdDqCA.png

Saved as animated PNG's to prevent quality-loss.
    If your browser doesn't support aPNG, use a better one.

It's not impossible to treat a broken nose without leaving gauze on it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvSALsX2Kg

3. They could fake the police report; but they'd also have to fake the EMS tape, the videos, the picture, the witness statements, and Zimmerman's medical records. Even the lead investigator--who signed the affidavit used to make an arrest--doesn't dispute that Zimmerman had injuries.

Why should either side "share all of the evidence" before the trial? The whole purpose of "sealing" a police report is to prevent evidence from getting out.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Who no-signed my ? ? You don't think people aren't gonna try and knock that ? off the planet?
  • VIBE
    Options
    So all kids don't fight back? Most teens are obnoxious, cocky ? who cause trouble for the ? of it. I was one of them, especially when confronted by someone older, you pop off at the mouth. The evidence shows he was shot in the chest, mrs it he was facing Zimmerman. They obviously had words, my feeling is both were physical. Trayvon was defending himself and Zimmerman shot, Zimmerman may have even tried to get ahold of Travyon and hold him until police came.

You are using generalizations when this doesn't apply to this kid, who, once again, doesn't have a history of violence and disrespectful behavior. Why do people keep making these statements when Zimmerman is the one with the history of violent and aggressive behavior? BTW, most teens I know are far from obnoxious and in this situation, would try to find an escape route where their physical safety isn't threatened. In this case, it wouldn't make sense to strike someone first, especially if you live that close to home and are unarmed, especially. There are were no bruises on Zimmerman's head. If you have a ? nose and a fractured skull, there would at least be bandages or gauze to stop the bleeding. Also, there were no stains on his shirt, and this was shortly after the murder took place. Anyone who stalks someone else down first isn't afraid; they are the aggressor. There are too many holes for his story to be remotely plausible.

So someone who doesn't have a history of violence/disrespectful behavior means they aren't that way? Then how do they get labeled as such later? It also would make sense to strike, you don't know how he felt, he felt threatened and had it out with him. According to his girlfriend he asked what do you want from me and Zimmerman stated who are you?

There aren't "too many holes for his story to be remotely plausible".