50 Says He Wont Try to "Take It Back" to GRODT or The Past, Shows Growth on New Album; Talks Game

Options
riddlerap
riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason

50 also explained that he wouldn't be going for a vintage sound on the album. "When you say 'take it back,' you're not leaving any room for growth. You're staying 'Stay where you were ten years ago.' For me, it has that energy that they were attracted to on Get Rich or Die Tryin', all across the board. I just think the way I articulated things on this project, my choices, are better. I think I'm better. I'm thinkin' it out a little more. They'll get a chance to see where I am."

Among the topics 50 discussed was why Interscope Records dropped G-Unit Records. "The reason why G-Unit was dropped, so that the general public understands: the reason G-Unit was dropped from Interscope records was because the deal I gave them was so well-put-together for them that they were to receive $750,000 in advance on the next albums - each one of the artists. They gotta remove that in this climate of record sales."

Finally, 50 was asked whether there was even a remote chance that he and Game would ever collaborate on anything in the future. The Queens emcee was noncommittal: "I don't know. Let me see if this is just one of my character defects or not: when you said [Game's album The Documentary] was crazy, you're making reference to things I wrote," he explained. "Meaning, the first three singles off of that were things that I wrote. So now, when you look at that, and you look at all the disrespect that was displayed over the years, ask yourself - would you be inherently uncomfortable with the concept of associating yourself again with someone where...you don't even know where it came from. If I did something wrong, I can accept it. ...But if I didn't do anything at all and it turns into what that turned into, I'ma just stay away from it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19645/title.50-cent-talks-new-album-explains-why-g-unit-was-dropped-possibility-of-working-with-game

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 " 50 needs to be a man and let Game come back so they can bring the old G Unit sound back"
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 got a album coming out for real? I thought ya'll was just playing.
  • gunot_killa
    gunot_killa Members Posts: 1,330
    Options
    50 is basically saying hell no to Gayme bringing his ? ass bacc to da unit. We got spider loc a real ass nicca bout to drop so 50 don't want dat skinny and soaking wet when wearing boots ass nicca around. CRIP!!!!!!!!
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 is basically saying hell no to Gayme bringing his ? ass bacc to da unit. We got spider loc a real ass nicca bout to drop so 50 don't want dat skinny and soaking wet when wearing boots ass nicca around. CRIP!!!!!!!!

LOL at this gunit crip who used to be a Piru....

fam GUNIT is ? dead. They will never be the same...

50 needs to swallow his pride and stop acting like a ? . Bringing Buck and Game back will bring some relevancy to the Gunit name.

50 and Game will never be cool if 50 keeps saying he wrote Games ? .

Fake ass wannabe Crip.. Aint no such damn thing as a GUNIT Crip
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Patiently waits for the music..........
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finna be a good summer for the genre
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for the premise...SO?!
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what's up with him and banks tho why don't they make any music together any more
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the game
    50 right about that ? ass, weirdo, trend hoppin, ? ridin ?
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be okay if his next album sounded like BISD.
    I think Fif still got it.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasnt he sayin on twitter that he gon drop an album just like GRODT couple weeks ago...and whatever happened to Black Magic lol
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    Wasnt he sayin on twitter that he gon drop an album just like GRODT couple weeks ago...and whatever happened to Black Magic lol

i swear i saw the same thing tho..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one who feels like his answer to the game question was a whole lot of talking but not really saying anything?
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Am I the only one who feels like his answer to the game question was a whole lot of talking but not really saying anything?

yes it was. He's basically hanging to the fact that he wrote hooks/verses for Game's 3 singles off the documentary and doesn't want to work with Game after all the beef he's gone through with Game.

i think that GRODT was the best thing that happened to 50 and that launched him to superstardom, for him to try to survive in the climate of hip-hop with his content is not going to sell like it did in 2000 - 2006.

So he's going to have to really capture a certain audience to launch him back into the game like he did in 2003
  • Turfaholic
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    FINAL-? -LY SMMFH.... I've been WAITING for Fif to stop trying to make these GRODT rehashes and focus on progress, it took this ? 4 albums and 10 years to figure that out. It seems like he was scared to do anything diff't cuz he prolly felt that going with the same thing that work would prolly produce the same results or at least a fraction of that success.

This ? finally coming to his senses.

good post
  • meta4tony
    meta4tony Members Posts: 89
    Options
    interesting how he paused before he answered the lloyd banks question
  • alphajjc
    alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why was 50 walking along with Justin Bieber behind Mayweather today?

Wonder if Bieber is recording tracks with Curtis
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    alphajjc wrote: »
    Why was 50 walking along with Justin Bieber behind Mayweather today?

Wonder if Bieber is recording tracks with Curtis

Bieber is apart of Money Team
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WOW it took FIf 10 years to realize that.

the ? been trying to make GRODT every album since GRODT. Massacre is a classic tho. the rest ,was GarBO
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    FINAL-? -LY SMMFH.... I've been WAITING for Fif to stop trying to make these GRODT rehashes and focus on progress, it took this ? 4 albums and 10 years to figure that out. It seems like he was scared to do anything diff't cuz he prolly felt that going with the same thing that work would prolly produce the same results or at least a fraction of that success.

This ? finally coming to his senses.

thats pretty much it ... but imo it should be so easy for fif right now cause luckily back then it was all fif and gunit ... now he can give us that branch out album ... get outside production .... maybe do a joint some new blood like fred da ? son or kendrick lemar and finally link up with his philly connects chic raw and mike knox .... get production from kanye swizz and all other great producers he never worked with so far and drop that hot ? mane !!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    so no more get rich or die trying sounding songs? good.