If the Black Community achieved what Malcolm X set out for (Black Nationalism).....

Options

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    That's the old Malcolm though...

When he came back from Mecca he wasn't too much about nationalism

Malcolm found out the truth...it doesn't boil down to color lines and barriers

It comes down to teachings, ignorance, isolation, victimization and class structure

When Malcolm came back from Mecca and saw people of all colors united in a belief

When he stepped out of the country and seen the horseshit that western society commits to

That's what changed his perspective. But before unity with all colors he wanted black folks to find their identity. White folks began inquiring about joining his movement. He preferred that each race correct the problems within first. He suggested that white folks open up their own chapters designed to teach the truth of equality.

Peep his autobiograhpy...Malcolm X was on to something and they silenced him. Malcolm would have changed many things that would not have been allowed.

Think about it...homosexuality, pop music, gentrification, Trayvon Martin-I truly believe if Malcolm was not assassinated, these things would not have been as strong and in the same bed as they are today. Hell, his impact is still felt and heard.

Malcolm X, one of the greatest. Sad but true, if you didn't get popped in that era, you weren't about the struggle. (ahem, jesse and al...I'm talking about you)

I co-sign this 100%..most definitely.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But the realest ? I ever heard was from Dr.Phil Valentine.

We were masters.We were conquered and turned into prisoners of war...Then they gave us THERE ? and we ACCEPTED.How you going to fight a war when you already lost psychologically? Man most black people still pray to white jesus they don[t know that Jesus is a copy of Osiris and that Mary was Isis.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmm will have to put ourselves in a position like Sun Tzu suggested to do with troops.

Place Black people in a position where there is no retreat the only choice is to come together to fight. Backs up against the wall figuratively speaking.

But they have though...what do you think the hood is?

what happened? we fight each other...

Black folks are too damn conditioned, really

Upsetting the system, no matter their position, seems too costly to them

Ask yourself @publicenemigo...how many dudes think somewhat like you do as far as getting our ? together?

Probably few...

@KingJamal

yo son was it really necessary to give me a wack on the truth about black folks coming together?? How was that ? wack when it was the truth? if weren't you, my bad.

but I believe you did

There's a lot of dudes who think like that but very few willing to act on it. Most people are like well what can I do type of mentality.

This nation has been like a boa constrictor around Black folks, slowly crushing us to death, and truthfully we are about 50 years away from that zero hour.

On the real though my brother, I'm glad to see that you are one of the few with a passion for the struggle and a strong love for your own people.

Though we might have bumped heads and I disagreed with your topics sometimes, the final result we seek I believe is the same. And a brother in the fight to better himself and those around them, is a brother of mine.

No one is ever going to agree 100% on every topic. However that don't mean we shouldn't ever consider first the good of the bredren above all. I learned a long time ago in this fight, gotta be willing to listen moreso than to speak. A good leader was first a good follower. Egos gotta go out the door. Reading about every movement in the past, from the UNIA on down to the SCLC and the BPP, egos killed the brotherhood. all these organizations were on the verge of something great, but were taken down by people that looked like them because they felt shorted somewhere. In this fight bruh wherever yall take it whether as leaders or followers the oneness of the brotherhood rests on humility and love for all.

I consider all Black men my brothers, though some maybe be Cain and others Able.

Doc, Evolutionary, Jamal, and anyone else that is down to fight the good fight I consider them a Brother and a friend.

that's some wisdom you dropped bruh.

Lol, yea I consider all black men my brothers too. It's the ? I watch, straight up. And there's a whole bunch of ? out here.

Yea I always read up on Disclipined, Wild Self, Yours, Memphis10, DreadRights and a couple of others when posts are dropped concerning this subject matter.

But carry on...don't want to derail a good topic thread
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Hmmm will have to put ourselves in a position like Sun Tzu suggested to do with troops.

Place Black people in a position where there is no retreat the only choice is to come together to fight. Backs up against the wall figuratively speaking.

But they have though...what do you think the hood is?

what happened? we fight each other...

Black folks are too damn conditioned, really

Upsetting the system, no matter their position, seems too costly to them

Ask yourself @publicenemigo...how many dudes think somewhat like you do as far as getting our ? together?

Probably few...

@KingJamal

yo son was it really necessary to give me a wack on the truth about black folks coming together?? How was that ? wack when it was the truth? if weren't you, my bad.

but I believe you did

I didn't give u a wack on anything

my fault

• longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    vboy513 wrote: »
    Really....Malcolm was just another Marcus Garvey but from a different perspective....

That's exactly why both of them had to be "Taken care of"

But if this ideology had be implemented, we would be in a much better position as a race, no doubt.

Truth be told, X was a Garveyite. I was trying to find the video, but Malcolm X was speaking about Garvey and everything he did in the 20s. Honestly, IMO Marcus Garvey was the greatest thing to happen to black America. I place him above Dr. King and Malcolm X. What dude did not just in the US, but all over the world was ? incredible.

• longmeat
    Options
    KingJamal wrote:

I think the black community would have been more advanced than it is now

Definately.

Btw, Malcolm was the GOAT at combating the sophistic arguments a lot of whites like to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8CSQopxEf8

"According to your government economist, the dollar itself is in such trouble a person would be a fool to sell his soul for one of these decreasing dollars" whats triller than that?

You think that was trill? Garvey had quotables for days ? :
    "When those crackers lynch a ? below the Mason-Dixon line, since it is not safe to lynch a white man in any part of America, we shall press the button and lynch him in Africa."

This dude did not give a ? ! And the crazy part is he actually was getting to the point where he had the power to do so. He was considered the most dangerous man in the country according to the FBI and Hoover at the time. If he was American and not Jamaican, they would have assassinated his ass.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    Really....Malcolm was just another Marcus Garvey but from a different perspective....

That's exactly why both of them had to be "Taken care of"

But if this ideology had be implemented, we would be in a much better position as a race, no doubt.

Truth be told, X was a Garveyite. I was trying to find the video, but Malcolm X was speaking about Garvey and everything he did in the 20s. Honestly, IMO Marcus Garvey was the greatest thing to happen to black America. I place him above Dr. King and Malcolm X. What dude did not just in the US, but all over the world was ? incredible.

Found the video but it's blocked in the United States.....

• DreadsRIGHT
    DreadsRIGHT Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign all knowledge being dropped on Garvey the ?
  • longmeat
    edited May 2012
    Options

It comes down to teachings, ignorance, isolation, victimization and class structure

When Malcolm came back from Mecca and saw people of all colors united in a belief

When he stepped out of the country and seen the horseshit that western society commits to

That's what changed his perspective. But before unity with all colors he wanted black folks to find their identity. White folks began inquiring about joining his movement. He preferred that each race correct the problems within first. He suggested that white folks open up their own chapters designed to teach the truth of equality.

Peep his autobiograhpy...Malcolm X was on to something and they silenced him. Malcolm would have changed many things that would not have been allowed.

Think about it...homosexuality, pop music, gentrification, Trayvon Martin-I truly believe if Malcolm was not assassinated, these things would not have been as strong and in the same bed as they are today. Hell, his impact is still felt and heard.

Malcolm X, one of the greatest. Sad but true, if you didn't get popped in that era, you weren't about the struggle. (ahem, jesse and al...I'm talking about you)

The bolded is so unequivocally false I stopped reading right there. Not only did X come back as a black nationalist, he took it further than he did before Hajj. He started traveling all over Europe preaching black nationalism and having meetings with African councils. Even MLK before his assassination started to turn away from integration.
  • longmeat
    Options

Every black man should have this book:

opinions.jpg
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    You can hear the influence of Garvey on Malcolm in this video....
    http://youtu.be/snzSkny3SZ0

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

opinions.jpg

I copped that about a month ago. It's so deep gotta stop just to contemplate the principles. Can't just blow through it.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can hear the influence of Garvey on Malcolm in this video....
    http://youtu.be/snzSkny3SZ0

One of my favorite Malcolm speeches
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DreadsRIGHT
    DreadsRIGHT Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to get my hands on that book, Ill go get it next weekend for sure THANK YOU FOR THE DROP

If we don't have a thread dedicated to the important literary works of black people we should make that, drop knowledge, and get that stickied. This book here bought me to tears...

ic3ipt.jpg
  • KingJamal
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited May 2012
    Options

The bolded is so unequivocally false I stopped reading right there. Not only did X come back as a black nationalist, he took it further than he did before Hajj. He started traveling all over Europe preaching black nationalism and having meetings with African councils. Even MLK before his assassination started to turn away from integration.

lol this dude said unequivocally for dramatic purposes, lol

How was it false? He was a black nationalist BEFORE he went to Mecca. When he went to Mecca, he saw ALL people of color there. How would he be a black nationalist after witnessing brown, white, red, yellow all united under Allah? So you're saying he wasn't a black nationalist with N.O.I.? The very nation that was high on black nationalism? It doesn't make sense...explain

Did yall read the book or yall just judging from random speeches, spike lee's movie and your own thoughts? Cause I read the book and Malcolm changed dramatically after he left from Mecca.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
  • KingJamal
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The thing that ? me off about MLK was that he subscribed to Gandhi's ideals when Gandhi's skinny punk ass thought black people were inferior his damn self
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    The thing that ? me off about MLK was that he subscribed to Gandhi's ideals when Gandhi's skinny punk ass thought black people were inferior his damn self

When you eat an orange, you peel the skin and pluck the seed before consuming...
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ghandi stole his ? from African principles int he first place. If i'm remembering correctly, Ghandi spent time in Africa before he went back to India.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    i love malcolm and he i think he is on point but some of you exaggerate the feeling of unity white people have. you say blacks should keep their money in black hands, which i basically support but if we are realistic:
    blacks are net gainers in the interacial trade. 80% of music sold by black artists is bought by white consumers, oprah or tiger, 2 of the wealthiest blacks, didnt get their money from black people. obama did get a lot more votes from whites than from blacks.

as much as they hate us, they love us. no cooning, just a sober perspective. it's more about how we utilize these funds, thats where the problem lies.

But is that a good thing? Of that supposed 80% of black music being purchased by whites I would wager that well over half of it is ? rap that has pretty much taken over the game. That's why no one wants to make any hip-hop of relevance, substance or that speaks on real issues. The majority of consumers who are white can't relate. You think some random Frat guy wants to hear about police brutality, or teenage pregnancy? No he just needs something simple and mindless to listen to while he's playing beer pong and date-? girls at Frat parties.

Tiger doesn't consider himself black, nor associates with black people in any way. Out of all the women he committed adultery with he didn't have even one black jump-off. I guess that can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it, but bottom line is, he's not ? with black people.

Oprah is riding for white America first and foremost. When was the last time she paid more than lip service to any real black issues? Sure she may have donated some money here and there but just because I give a ? a dollar doesn't mean I'm fighting homelessness.

Obama is no different. He comes out and says he supports ? marriage, but can't speak on things like: police brutality, and the modern serfdom that is the prison industrial complex? He sent his henchman to Haiti when the earthquakes happened instead of going himself and it seemed like the media had to practically twist his arm in order for him to even speak on the Trayvon Martin issue.

The lesson in all this is the more you allow a group to fund you the more of an allegiance you have to them.

i fully agree with you but thats what i mean it's about how we utilize this money. i would argue that whites are so infatuated with us that they would still keep some money comin if you be pro-black. nas got a good number of white fans but he doesnt make the kind of rap you describe.

bottom line is we shouldnt try to please other groups and stop speaking for our issues so we keep their cash flowin, but if they dont mind supportin us while we do our own thing, go for it.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow appreciates this and threads of this nature.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

opinions.jpg

every black man and women should own this book...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dopest thread dropped in this sub-forum in ages

Appreciate the 'ledge dropped
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    If you really think about it us Blacks in this hemisphere really have no incentive to trust each other based of events in history alone. Our ancestors sold each other out, back-stabbed, crossed, etc..... whatever you want to call it, because of tribalism, greed, & other factors of the day.

The Jews established a singular & unified religion and a written tradition that has allowed them to survive through their numerous captivities & diaspora to sustain their cultural identity. My lineage is Ashanti but where is their cultural influence in my life?

2 tears in a bucket, every man for himself. And believe I don't trust none of y'all so-call brothers, Malcolm & Marcus warned about.

Here is another good read on this topic....Check it out

30617162.jpg

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I always think about that after watching documentaries on the ? league and the Harlem globetrotters.
    The ? League had some of the best players in baseball history.. they just had to deal with a racist North America. The Majors was the "premiere" league. The players were vying for an opportunity to not only bust some ass in the major league by competing with the "best"... but also to make good money playing to large crowds all over racist North America.

Its also sad how integration broke down most black business networks. Players would travel by bus and stay in Black homes or hotels and eat at black owned restaurants ect. There was a thriving network that was a direct reflection of segregation.